ADVERTISEMENT

Caleb Perry update

Maybe, but until we see them on the field, potential is all they represent right now. I'm a big Hunter D. fan, so I concur, he will be missed.

I recall seeing both Favae x2 and Cole Dubots on the field in the Arizona game. On one play, Dubots looked like he was shot out of a cannon when he tackled Tate. Of course, the guy ran a 10.5 100 meters in high school. If he adds another 10 to 15 pounds, he'll be a killer.

I recall seeing both Favae x2 and Cole Dubots on the field in the Arizona game. On one play, Dubots looked like he was shot out of a cannon when he tackled Tate. Of course, the guy ran a 10.5 100 meters in high school. If he adds another 10 to 15 pounds, he'll be a killer.
I’m looking forward to the day we have some bad mofo’s at the LB position (and the rest of the D for that matter)—I hope Cole and Fa’ and the rest of them become them.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
Im not sold on passing to the backs on the hash as a pitch play. If you wanna force the defense into changing their personnel by adding a 4th DL, its gonna mean running the ball between the tackles. So yes, running right at them has to happen. The new OL coach is light years better than the last guy.

Ive made no comment about a back that only carries between the tackles and cant catch a ball.

Every team plays a 3 man front. It isnt just the uw.

If you wanna open up the defensive backfield, you start by removing their dime package. Forcing the defense to add bigger bodies will create better match ups for the WRs and give them better numbers against the DBs.

Ive posted on this a lot. One mote time, with feeling...

Im not advocating a balanced attack. Im not advocating changing the offense. Im advocating a stronger attack at the LOS, the one place WSU doesnt challenge the defense. Dont tell me youre attacking the entire field when you run the ball 5 times out of 70 plays.
Leach counts APB touches as runs. Our backs get the ball as much as backs from other teams. If you want to run the ball between the tackles, it will likely mean getting away from Leach's version of the Air Raid. It is not going to happen. You will continue to be frustrated. Try to relax and enjoy the wins Leach brings "his way". He has been doing this his way long enough that he does not see the need to change. Of course you can choose to be frustrated.

Reactions: WASH ST A&M FAN
Leach counts APB touches as runs. Our backs get the ball as much as backs from other teams. If you want to run the ball between the tackles, it will likely mean getting away from Leach's version of the Air Raid. It is not going to happen. You will continue to be frustrated. Try to relax and enjoy the wins Leach brings "his way". He has been doing this his way long enough that he does not see the need to change. Of course you can choose to be frustrated.

The scheme is already in place. Its a matter of the ball being handed off. It isnt getting away from the AR to run the zone read youre calling.

Defenses are evolving to defend the AR. If the AR is not evolving with them to counter, thats on Leach. He is a great coach. If he fails to adjust because of ego, thats on him.

The scheme is already in place. Its a matter of the ball being handed off. It isnt getting away from the AR to run the zone read youre calling.

Defenses are evolving to defend the AR. If the AR is not evolving with them to counter, thats on Leach. He is a great coach. If he fails to adjust because of ego, thats on him.
I thought Leach went 11-2 this year. Should have beat USC, but for officiating error. Sounds like his AR is doing okay to me.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
I thought Leach went 11-2 this year. Should have beat USC, but for officiating error. Sounds like his AR is doing okay to me.

I dont disagree. When it comes time to win the other two and your qb needs to call a run play to put the defense on tilt, what do you do?

Many Cougar fans still hold to one measurement for success: winning the AC. It doesn't matter if you limp into it with only one, two, or three wins. Contending for the conference championship year after year? Nah. As for running between the tackles, that's easier said than done against SEC-like d-lines and NFL d-backfields, and there's only one school in the Pac-12 that has something like that, and that's the one school that consistently beats us.

Many Cougar fans still hold to one measurement for success: winning the AC. It doesn't matter if you limp into it with only one, two, or three wins. Contending for the conference championship year after year? Nah. As for running between the tackles, that's easier said than done against SEC-like d-lines and NFL d-backfields, and there's only one school in the Pac-12 that has something like that, and that's the one school that consistently beats us.
There cannot be that many cougar fans that agree with you or there would be more money donated to support WSU athletics. They can complain, but cannot do anything to help. What does that tell you?

Im not advocating a balanced attack. Im not advocating changing the offense. Im advocating a stronger attack at the LOS, the one place WSU doesnt challenge the defense. Dont tell me youre attacking the entire field when you run the ball 5 times out of 70 plays.[/QUOTE]

I'm with Biggs on this. If Leach can co-teach a class on counter-insurgency and football he ought to realize that sometimes you have to adjust your strategy to match what your opponent is doing. We don't need to change the offense but we do need some options that allow us to fit the circumstances. The Apple Cup was the best example both because of the weather conditions and what the UW was doing.

There cannot be that many cougar fans that agree with you or there would be more money donated to support WSU athletics. They can complain, but cannot do anything to help. What does that tell you?

Just curious, did you go to WSU? Have you ever stepped foot on campus?

Im not advocating a balanced attack. Im not advocating changing the offense. Im advocating a stronger attack at the LOS, the one place WSU doesnt challenge the defense. Dont tell me youre attacking the entire field when you run the ball 5 times out of 70 plays.

I'm with Biggs on this. If Leach can co-teach a class on counter-insurgency and football he ought to realize that sometimes you have to adjust your strategy to match what your opponent is doing. We don't need to change the offense but we do need some options that allow us to fit the circumstances. The Apple Cup was the best example both because of the weather conditions and what the UW was doing.[/QUOTE]

War, while an extreme analogy, is interesting. Are you gonna run your soldiers into battle doing the same thing and watch them die when you refuse to adapt? Or are you gonna find a way to win?

Run the ball between the tackles!

I'm with Biggs on this. If Leach can co-teach a class on counter-insurgency and football he ought to realize that sometimes you have to adjust your strategy to match what your opponent is doing. We don't need to change the offense but we do need some options that allow us to fit the circumstances. The Apple Cup was the best example both because of the weather conditions and what the UW was doing.

War, while an extreme analogy, is interesting. Are you gonna run your soldiers into battle doing the same thing and watch them die when you refuse to adapt? Or are you gonna find a way to win?

Run the ball between the tackles![/QUOTE]

Agree with you to a point but I do not believe that twenty times a game is needed as you suggested on another post. The Air Raid is supposed to spread the defense and attack all areas at least thirty yards downfield. I think that CML and others, including myself, focus on the "Air" portion of the offense exclusively and forget that the LOS is part of the field too.

Agree with you to a point but I do not believe that twenty times a game is needed as you suggested on another post. The Air Raid is supposed to spread the defense and attack all areas at least thirty yards downfield. I think that CML and others, including myself, focus on the "Air" portion of the offense exclusively and forget that the LOS is part of the field too.[/QUOTE]

There were games they had 15+ carries between MB and JW. If youre gonna snap the ball 70 times is 20 run plays that much of a stretch?

No.

If Leach thought he would be successful running between the tackles he would. That is why his AR finesses instead.

This offense could be damn near unstoppable if we pounded the ball in the middle a bit more which would make the lbs and safeties a step slower by giving them one more read to make. It would open up the passing game and allow for more yards after catch.

Now, the back seven just drops back in coverage every play.

We Almost got beat by Iowa State, a team many on here would proclaiming we were too good to play and had too many 3 and outs.

The analogy I like to use is coach K vs coach Knight. Coach K, his pupil, was willing to adapt. Coach Knight wasn't.

Coach K is better because he put his ego aside and was willing to make tweaks and changes

Last edited:
Reactions: BiggsCoug

https://giphy.com/gifs/qxtxlL4sFFle

" I'm with Biggs on this" But your poster name is Biggs... Confusing.

" I'm with Biggs on this" But your poster name is Biggs... Confusing.[/QUOTE

He was quoting me. My poster name isn't Biggs. Careful reader you aren't.

You know that he doesnt call the plays right?
Yes. The running plays a checked by the quarterback.

You do know that the offensive linemen are in a two point stance. APB are recruited, as well as offensive lineman to pass block. To pound the middle would require recruiting a different type of back. There is a reason Leach does not recruit FBs and TEs. It is a system. Not all recruits pan out. He also targets the type of players he can get. Building a quality indoor practice facility would help recruiting. If he could recruit recruits that are more physical than the opponents consistently, I am sure he would pound the middle.

Agree with you to a point but I do not believe that twenty times a game is needed as you suggested on another post. The Air Raid is supposed to spread the defense and attack all areas at least thirty yards downfield. I think that CML and others, including myself, focus on the "Air" portion of the offense exclusively and forget that the LOS is part of the field too.[/QUOTE]
I think part of what made Baylor so successful was lining up the outside receivers practically on the sidelines and then proceeding to blast the ball right up the middle on dives and inside zones, which in turn gives more space to the guys in the slot and forces the linebackers to read something before dropping into a zone.

Reactions: Tx64
Agree with you to a point but I do not believe that twenty times a game is needed as you suggested on another post. The Air Raid is supposed to spread the defense and attack all areas at least thirty yards downfield. I think that CML and others, including myself, focus on the "Air" portion of the offense exclusively and forget that the LOS is part of the field too.
I think part of what made Baylor so successful was lining up the outside receivers practically on the sidelines and then proceeding to blast the ball right up the middle on dives and inside zones, which in turn gives more space to the guys in the slot and forces the linebackers to read something before dropping into a zone.[/QUOTE]
Baylor had no problems recruiting. The alumni are extreme supportive financially. They were run first.

" I'm with Biggs on this" But your poster name is Biggs... Confusing.[/QUOTE

He was quoting me. My poster name isn't Biggs. Careful reader you aren't.

F..K You.

The " I'm with Biggs" is clearly outside of the quote box and it appears as if it was what he/she wrote it. I just said it was confusing, nothing more than less.

The poster even acknowledged that. It even did the same thing to my post. Quotes from the post you are replying to usually are in the quote box.

Yes. The running plays a checked by the quarterback.

You do know that the offensive linemen are in a two point stance. APB are recruited, as well as offensive lineman to pass block. To pound the middle would require recruiting a different type of back. There is a reason Leach does not recruit FBs and TEs. It is a system. Not all recruits pan out. He also targets the type of players he can get. Building a quality indoor practice facility would help recruiting. If he could recruit recruits that are more physical than the opponents consistently, I am sure he would pound the middle.

You can run the ball out of a two point stance. Ive been on a college staff that did it. Youre wrong.

You dont need TEs and FBs to run the ball. Youre wrong.

You have this idea that WSU gets left over kids. Youre wrong.

You dont know what youre talking about. You havent stepped foot on campus ever. You dont know squat about WSU recruiting or its facilities. You show up and post from a position of authority and CougEd and Sponge know more than you.

You can run the ball out of a two point stance. Ive been on a college staff that did it. Youre wrong.

You dont need TEs and FBs to run the ball. Youre wrong.

You have this idea that WSU gets left over kids. Youre wrong.

You dont know what youre talking about. You havent stepped foot on campus ever. You dont know squat about WSU recruiting or its facilities. You show up and post from a position of authority and CougEd and Sponge know more than you.
I tried to explain things to you. Not argue with you. You are clearly unhappy and choose to stay that way. I trust Leach to run his program. A lot of alumni would be happy with an 11-2 season. You will always question Leach. You clearly should be running the program. Just ask yourself.

It sounds to me that the theme of the class is how to do things in an irregular way with irregular resources, and not fight the opponent on his terms.

What plays do you think Leach should run between the tackles that aren’t already being run?

Reactions: PINGDUDE4 and Tx64
wendt_george_1.jpg

George Wendt aka ‘Norm’ from Cheers: “It's funny, 'cause even after all these years, we still get people giving us advice, on how to improve the show. Actually, a few moments ago I ran into a nut back there, he said, you know, that maybe we should think about, you know, not doing the show in a bar.“

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT