ADVERTISEMENT

New O Line coach

roses04

Hall Of Fame
Oct 4, 2003
Here is a portion of what I picked up, know nothing about him, other than what I have read. Here is a brief summary:

The Cougars are hiring former UTEP offensive line coach Jared Kaster, according to a source with knowledge of the situation, filling the opening left by Clay McGuire’s departure last week.

The Athletic’s Bruce Feldman was the first to report the news.

Kaster spent last season at Austin Peay, where he helped the Governors win the United Athletic Conference as the team’s co-offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. In mid-December, he departed for the job at UTEP, where he stayed until now, amounting to a stint of about two months.

Reactions: UberCougars
He has coached 6 seasons of football. Maybe he is a brilliant young coach? Maybe Dickfore has $40,000 available for a new OL coach?

We will find out soon enough. He has his work cut out for him.

He has coached 6 seasons of football. Maybe he is a brilliant young coach? Maybe Dickfore has $40,000 available for a new OL coach?

At least he played O-line. Started 37 games at Center at Texas Tech, with 3 honorable mentions. At this moment I think we are fortunate to get any warm body that has held a football. HIS HC brought him along when hired at TT, which says something.

I guess for now that have no choice to see if it works out, and if there is reason to trust Dickert's evaluation of the O Line coach he hired.

But I seem, think I agree with Biggs, that this hire seems UNDERWHELMING, what with the only 6 years of coaching experience at the lower, semi lowest levels of football, and college football.

Why can't Dickert get a Mason Miller like, Yarno like, etc, O Line coach? There are plenty of them out there. And some of them are affordable in WSU's budget range,

Why does he Dickert, have to get such a seemingly such a lower level coach to coach the O Line?

Heck for a encore if this coach don't work out, he Dickert can go hire some Highschool O Line coach as WSU's next O Line coach.

I guess for now that have no choice to see if it works out, and if there is reason to trust Dickert's evaluation of the O Line coach he hired.

But I seem, think I agree with Biggs, that this hire seems UNDERWHELMING, what with the only 6 years of coaching experience at the lower, semi lowest levels of football, and college football.

Why can't Dickert get a Mason Miller like, Yarno like, etc, O Line coach? There are plenty of them out there. And some of them are affordable in WSU's budget range,

Why does he Dickert, have to get such a seemingly such a lower level coach to coach the O Line?

Heck for an encore if this coach don't work out, he Dickert can go hire some Highschool O Line coach as WSU's next O Line coach.
Thats easy. None of them want to come to a school that has an uncertain athletics future, unless we’re paying a premium. And we can’t.

Thats easy. None of them want to come to a school that has an uncertain athletics future, unless we’re paying a premium. And we can’t.

WSU pays better than a lotttt of schools out there. And to be honest, Coach Kenny down at ASU was spot on with his recent comments on coaching. There are zillions of guys that want his job, his assistants jobs, his analyst jobs, etc.

There is a lot of coaching talent available. There are good coaches all over. The problem is in the hiring and evaluation. The amount of $$$ spent moving the best talent from HS to college and then college to college and finally the NFL is enormous. How much effort is put on moving the best coaches up the ladder??? Pro tip: hiring a 40 yr old guy from Wisconsin isn’t exactly putting in a long days work scouring the nation for the best coach…

There are OL coaches at every level of football with significantly longer, more diverse and better resumes than this guy.

Let’s hope he is either brilliant or a magician. Because last year the OL was not good. If you couldn't start on that OL, not a ringing endorsement of the backups either. This man has his work cut out for him. Or Arbuckle has his work cut out for him. His scheme starts and ends with his ability to get it blocked, not more pass plays.

Reactions: mikalalas
This was Arbuckle's hire. They were on staff together for two years at Houston Baptist. Arbuckle was an offensive quality control coach and Kaster was the OL coach.

WSU pays better than a lotttt of schools out there. And to be honest, Coach Kenny down at ASU was spot on with his recent comments on coaching. There are zillions of guys that want his job, his assistants jobs, his analyst jobs, etc.

There is a lot of coaching talent available. There are good coaches all over. The problem is in the hiring and evaluation. The amount of $$$ spent moving the best talent from HS to college and then college to college and finally the NFL is enormous. How much effort is put on moving the best coaches up the ladder??? Pro tip: hiring a 40 yr old guy from Wisconsin isn’t exactly putting in a long days work scouring the nation for the best coach…

There are OL coaches at every level of football with significantly longer, more diverse and better resumes than this guy.

Let’s hope he is either brilliant or a magician. Because last year the OL was not good. If you couldn't start on that OL, not a ringing endorsement of the backups either. This man has his work cut out for him. Or Arbuckle has his work cut out for him. His scheme starts and ends with his ability to get it blocked, not more pass plays.

What's really hilarious is reading posts by a worn-out, never-has-been talking sh!t on a hire that he knows nothing about.

Mike Macdonald is 36 years old and a head coach in the NFL. Sean McVay was 30 years old when he became head coach of the Rams and he's still got the job today at 38 years old. Don't be fuggin' fool and assume that someone has to be old to do the job. Nobody gives a sh!t that you think that 40 years old isn't old enough.

We don't know if this is a good hire and I will agree with you that McGuire sucked at his job...but it's never a good look when you start sh!t talking a guy before he's coached a single down. Every time you post, it reminds me of the old fossil that I saw at an Auburn tailgate after WSU lost a close game to the Tigers in 2013. That old f#ckstick was sitting in a folding patio chair telling us all that he'd been watching Auburn football for 50 years and he'd never seen a worse effort. There was no way that Auburn was going to get to a bowl game that year.

They won the fuggin' SEC and lost in the National Championship game. Sometimes, it's better when worn out old f#ckers just keep their mouth shut.

Reactions: Coug1990
What's really hilarious is reading posts by a worn-out, never-has-been talking sh!t on a hire that he knows nothing about.

Mike Macdonald is 36 years old and a head coach in the NFL. Sean McVay was 30 years old when he became head coach of the Rams and he's still got the job today at 38 years old. Don't be fuggin' fool and assume that someone has to be old to do the job. Nobody gives a sh!t that you think that 40 years old isn't old enough.

We don't know if this is a good hire and I will agree with you that McGuire sucked at his job...but it's never a good look when you start sh!t talking a guy before he's coached a single down. Every time you post, it reminds me of the old fossil that I saw at an Auburn tailgate after WSU lost a close game to the Tigers in 2013. That old f#ckstick was sitting in a folding patio chair telling us all that he'd been watching Auburn football for 50 years and he'd never seen a worse effort. There was no way that Auburn was going to get to a bowl game that year.

They won the fuggin' SEC and lost in the National Championship game. Sometimes, it's better when worn out old f#ckers just keep their mouth shut.
Can you be a worn out never has been? I think you are either worn out has been or a never was.

Reactions: KRUSTYtheCOUG
Mik liked my post??? Must have said something worth reading.

Have my haterz and stalkerz showed up yet? I have so many of you fcking morons on ignore it’s laughable.

Can you be a worn out never has been? I think you are either worn out has been or a never was.
Good question. I think if you drop the "never" and clarify with a comma, one could be accurately be described as a "worn out, has-been" where both can be true. That's all I have to say about that.

I'd take a young up and comer at this point....has something to prove and wants to advance up the ladder.

I feel like we are getting an upgrade at O-line coaching position. I mean, c’mon, last year sucked. I’m open to the new guy improving the play in this area. If, he doesn’t, there will be plenty said by me and the whole crew here.

Have my haterz and stalkerz showed up yet? I have so many of you fcking morons on ignore it’s laughable.
I’m no life coach but ignoring people who have a different view than you might be why you never made it past JV High School as a coach, and have to watch with bitterness as guys like this ascend the coaching ranks. Just a thought that you won’t see.

Reactions: Flatlandcoug
I'd take a young up and comer at this point....has something to prove and wants to advance up the ladder.

If it were a lower division of football, I’d agree with you. But for a program further up the ladder like WSU, Dickfore should have had his pick of quality OL coaches with more than 6 years of experience. Unless he has $40 to pay or this guy is brilliant.

Power 5 schools is not where you go to learn. Er, former P5. Im assuming you get the idea.

I feel like we are getting an upgrade at O-line coaching position. I mean, c’mon, last year sucked. I’m open to the new guy improving the play in this area. If, he doesn’t, there will be plenty said by me and the whole crew here.

It wasn’t a heavy lift to upgrade. But that still doesn’t mean the man has the depth of experience, knowledge or talent to get it done. Can WSU handle another season of poor OL play? Even with the significant drop in talent on the schedule?

Good question. I think if you drop the "never" and clarify with a comma, one could be accurately be described as a "worn out, has-been" where both can be true. That's all I have to say about that.

I appreciate the grammatical feedback. It's always good to properly categorize the feebleness of a bitter old man like Biggs.

EDIT: I still stand by the statement that Biggs is the WSU equivalent of that old prick at Auburn.

Although I enjoy poking the bear... my Cougzone Heart will be broken if I am downgraded to being ignored by the one and only Biggy poster.

May that day never come.

On further note to this... place bets on the Oline being better or worse this next season.

I say get rid of the ball fast... wide... and outside. I am terrified on what our line will be.

Although I enjoy poking the bear... my Cougzone Heart will be broken if I am downgraded to being ignored by the one and only Biggy poster.

May that day never come.

On further note to this... place bets on the Oline being better or worse this next season.

I say get rid of the ball fast... wide... and outside. I am terrified on what our line will be.

They are shitbag people that offer nothing but trash talk. They are not smart enough to come up with anything original. They are bootlickers that go with whatever horse shit the current HC believes, cause surely he cannot be wrong!

Some of these dimwits are nothing more than stalkerz. Simply amazing how dumb they are. Never put on pads!!! hahaha

Fcking losers.

I'm probably on ignore so don't except a Biggs reply. But I never put anyone on ignore. If I don't like what they are saying, I just keep scrolling. Doesn't take much effort. Same with my phone and e-mail (except for scammers and annoying advertisers). Deleting their messages takes seconds. They being people I don't want to converse with.

And it gets back to my poster amnesia mantra. I might think you are the biggest POS on one thread, but the next day I can't remember who said what and don't much care. Of course my dementia helps in that regard. :) Unlike some who care a grudge for decades.

On this hire, 3 years as a P5 starting Center and 6 years of coaching isn't like he just dropped out of the womb.

On experienced possibilities - take this Mason Miller. Leach did take him to MSU, which says something. But he has had 8 jobs in 21 years, bouncing up and down the college ranks. And played 2 years at Valdosta State. So I dunno that someone like him appeals to me much.

Mike Macdonald just hired the former Husky OC to be his OC. Not that I watch the NFL in earnest, but I hate that stupid university so much that it's turned me off to keeping tabs on the Hawks. I'm the first to admit I'm a hater, but I also am completely unsure why many think his college offense will translate to the NFL.

What I'm saying is young coaches make mistakes all the time. ;)

May that day never come.

It’s a badge of honor. One day you’ll get there.

Reactions: Cougini5591
Mike Macdonald just hired the former Husky OC to be his OC. Not that I watch the NFL in earnest, but I hate that stupid university so much that it's turned me off to keeping tabs on the Hawks. I'm the first to admit I'm a hater, but I also am completely unsure why many think his college offense will translate to the NFL.

What I'm saying is young coaches make mistakes all the time. ;)

You never know with coaches, regardless of age, and certainly a young coach is statistically more likely to make a learning curve mistake. I just laugh at guys like Biggs who never amounted to anything in the football world passing judgement on guys that have already accomplished more by age 40 than he did in his whole life. Jealousy is an ugly thing and ol' Biggs has it in spades.

Reactions: Coug1990

Maybe $35,000.

Reactions: kougkurt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT