ADVERTISEMENT

Casey Jones

jourdand

Hall Of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
According to brand x Jones will be going on a mission for two years then redshirt the following year then joining WSU for his final year. Really would have liked to have him next year but now we still have a scholarship to fill.

That makes sense. I really thought that the Riley and staff were going after another big. So when it was announced that Jones had announced he was transferring, I assumed they struck out on the bigs. I think this helps him and the longterm health of the program. In three years, WSU has a mature player that knows the system.

Last edited:
Well, thought he was a good piece for next year. Of course, not if he is still recovering from injury. I don't think I have ever heard of a 3-year delay with a 2-year mission and planned redshirt year.

The "7'0" Euro big" speculation gains renewed steam.

There is a Kofi Asare at Accelerated Schools [Denver, Colorado] via England that resembles that description.

I haven
Well, thought he was a good piece for next year. Of course, not if he is still recovering from injury. I don't think I have ever heard of a 3-year delay with a 2-year mission and planned redshirt year.

The "7'0" Euro big" speculation gains renewed steam.
I haven't either. Just a guess, the redshift year is used to get back into playing condition.

Jones will be 25 by the time he plays for the Cougars. Has WSU ever rostered a player that old? Nothing wrong with it, just curious.

Glad Cougar
I don't know about basketball, but football has. Dave Minnich for example, who was in the military before he went to college.

Check out Derelle Desire
Thanks 7I! I remember watching Desire's highlights after a brandx post that mentioned an assistant was following. He looks raw, but good length, athleticism, and he made some 3s. Looks like he's in the good project category at least in my book.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT