ADVERTISEMENT

Chloe Larson WSU Pac 12 Champion

Here's a link to the race itself. Dang those 50's are always over in the blink of an eye and oh so close!

Wow. That was exciting. Paraphrasing the announcer:

“Amy, I have called the Pac-12s for eight years. The NCAAs for five. I have called the Olympics! I have never been as excited about a champion as this one right here.”

Lunch pail win -- years of training and lifting, dropping her time from the high 23 as a freshmen to the low 22s as a senior. Guys naturally get bigger and stronger from freshmen to senior, critical for sprinting, ladies from 15 years on are battling the negative effects of increasing estrogen and progesterone on performance. Hell of a job, and show real to dedication.

Proud

Just the look on her face when she saw the results...which was probably actually more telling in profile. Absolute joy. A good Covid Crabby antidote for a day or two! Thanks, Chloe!

Reactions: 79COUG
Just had to post on this one more time, simply to move the story to the top of the list. We don't get a historic sports result very often (by definition), and this is a good morning to just sit back and feel good about it for a few more minutes.

Chloe is basically insured an NCAA invite in the 50, with the #30 time. There are some "last chance" qualifying meets this upcoming weekend where faster time can be generated, but seldom do they produce fast times because of their low key nature, and swimmers are generally not tapered for these events. Her time in the 100 of 48.74, though an improvement on the school record by half a second, is #41, so she will need some help to make that field. They generally take the top 36 declared times, and ties (some swimmers with faster times will need to declare for other events, instead).

Last edited:
Reactions: dgibbons
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT