ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Petersen whine

CrimsonDisciple

Head Coach
Dec 26, 2005
I can hear it from here..... whining about how UW has strict rules with regards to Grad Transfers (Application deadline) that prevents UW from using this option. He whines about last year, he’ll whine about how it isn’t fair next year. Looking forward to stealing the limelight away from Oregon and UW! It’s our time!

Last edited:
I can hear it from here..... whining about how UW has strict rules with regards to Grad Transfers (Application deadline) that prevents UW from using this option. He whines about last year, he’ll whine about how it isn’t fair next year. Looking forward to stealing the limelight away from Oregon and UW! It’s our time!

He has to replace his entire d-backfield, and he loses the human concrete block, Greg Gaines at NT. And he'll have a statue at QB. No more shake and bake Jake to keep drives alive. So, his horsey whining (or is it winnying?) is just to condition the husky faithful that there might be a drop off.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
He has to replace his entire d-backfield, and he loses the human concrete block, Greg Gaines at NT. And he'll have a statue at QB. No more shake and bake Jake to keep drives alive.

Exactly, as they lose a game or two, watch WSU continue to win, the whine will get louder. One thing we all know about Chris, he’s a whiner.

Here is the direct quote from Petersen whining about Gardner Minshew:

“If everybody is on the same page and a guy is going to come play football — because let’s be real: That’s what everybody’s going. They’re not going there to get a degree. They’re going there to play football. Let’s just all be on the same page, and then it’s all good. I’m happy for the guy. I really am. It wasn’t working out where he was and he’s having this unbelievable experience (in Pullman). I think that’s great. I think you’re going to see more and more of it, but we’re not seeing it here.”——Chris Petersen

“If everybody is on the same page and a guy is going to come play football — because let’s be real: That’s what everybody’s going. They’re not going there to get a degree. They’re going there to play football. Let’s just all be on the same page, and then it’s all good. I’m happy for the guy. I really am. It wasn’t working out where he was and he’s having this unbelievable experience (in Pullman). I think that’s great. I think you’re going to see more and more of it, but we’re not seeing it here.”——Chris Petersen
I wonder if WSU relaxed things a bit given the situation the last 2 years. It actually has been difficult to get a Grad Transfer at WSU as well. WSU Grad Transfers have to abide by the normal application process including deadlines. The application deadlines make it difficult given the time frame decisions are typically made. At least that's what others have posted online. We have had a grand total of 3 (Bernstine, Minshew, Gubrud) so it's not like it's been common. Of course what you haven't heard is Leach whining about it like Pete.

Peterson was hard to dislike even as the mutt coach until he started whining at every time he opened his mouth in his passive/aggressive way the few years. "I'm happy for him but it's not fair to poor mutt u". Boo-f-ing-who Petey.

Reactions: CrimsonDisciple

Given that statement Eason damn sure better get his degree before he jumps to the NFL or Petersen will be again showing his typical hypocrite side.

Reality is everyone with a brain knows that if Eason plays well he is a one and done QB for the Huskies next year. Actually have zero problem with that but Pete should not turn around and act sanctimonious when an opponent is doing essentially the same thing that he is doing.

Last edited:

Minshew already had his degree....

I wonder if WSU relaxed things a bit given the situation the last 2 years. It actually has been difficult to get a Grad Transfer at WSU as well. WSU Grad Transfers have to abide by the normal application process including deadlines. The application deadlines make it difficult given the time frame decisions are typically made. At least that's what others have posted online. We have had a grand total of 3 (Bernstine, Minshew, Gubrud) so it's not like it's been common. Of course what you haven't heard is Leach whining about it like Pete.

Peterson was hard to dislike even as the mutt coach until he started whining at every time he opened his mouth in his passive/aggressive way the few years. "I'm happy for him but it's not fair to poor mutt u". Boo-f-ing-who Petey.

When Price took advantage of Proposition 48, who brought an end to it? The UW, USC, and Stanford. Those same schools later moved to alter subsequent versions of the exceptions policies. I wouldn't be shocked to see them take on the grad-transfer rule.

Reactions: Cougzz

“If everybody is on the same page and a guy is going to come play football win bowl games— because let’s be real: That’s what everybody’s going. They’re not going there to get a degree a heart of texas bowl trophy. They’re going there to play football. Let’s just all be on the same page, and then it’s all good. I’m happy for the guy. I really am. It wasn’t working worked out where he was and he’s having this unbelievable experience (in Pullman). I think that’s great. I think you’re going to see more and more of it, but we’re not seeing it here.”——Chris Petersen

Until we beat them again, we don’t have much room to make fun of their coach or team.
They're the huskys. I've made fun of them since I was a kid, win or lose. And I've yet to have one ounce of remorse or regret in doing so.
So we haven't beat them in a while...big deal. They're still a bunch of elitist snobs. The scoreboard doesn't change that.

They're the huskys. I've made fun of them since I was a kid, win or lose. And I've yet to have one ounce of remorse or regret in doing so.
So we haven't beat them in a while...big deal. They're still a bunch of elitist snobs. The scoreboard doesn't change that.

Spot on. They will always be the insufferable mutts. And I can, and will, pitch crap at them every opportunity I get, win or lose.

So I went to the mutt website - the application deadline is January 15. What makes that such a barrier? And a kid thinking of transferring could always complete the application and change his mind later. And I see that the minimum 3.0 GPA can be waived, and there is no GRE requirement.
http://grad.uw.edu/admissions/

I don't see a drop dead application date for WSU, but the priority deadline is January 10.

Great post!!

Any Coug who is OK with getting beat by the mutts, handily, 6 years in a row has some soul-searching to do.

Oh, I hate losing any conference game. I especially hate the mutts. But I move on to bigger and better things. If we would have lost the Alamo bowl, man that would have stung much worse than any conference game. The USC game, in the fashion we lost it, hurt worse.

Any Coug who is OK with getting beat by the mutts, handily, 6 years in a row has some soul-searching to do.

While you are doing soul searching maybe face some reality. UW has 9 players invited to the NFL combine this year. That is nearly a fourth of what the entire Pac12 has going. And for perspective, 9 invitees is only slightly behind the 11 player numbers for Clemson and Alabama. Basically almost half of UW's starting players last season are going to the NFL combine .

Sure you want to beat UW, but the only way that will happen is for that talent difference to be tightened up. Nobody can look at that talent difference and apart from the rivalry aspect think that there would be a different result.

So I went to the mutt website - the application deadline is January 15. What makes that such a barrier? And a kid thinking of transferring could always complete the application and change his mind later. And I see that the minimum 3.0 GPA can be waived, and there is no GRE requirement.

I don't see a drop dead application date for WSU, but the priority deadline is January 10.

That “Jan application” deadline would be for the Autumn quarter at UW.

When Price took advantage of Proposition 48, who brought an end to it? The UW, USC, and Stanford. Those same schools later moved to alter subsequent versions of the exceptions policies. I wouldn't be shocked to see them take on the grad-transfer rule.

Doubt it. In other conferences, at least, the "big schools" seem to be the primary beneficiaries. (E.g., Oklahoma, Ohio State, etc.) The Prop 48 point is sound, though, and if those three think this is hurting them competitively and they can make some BS academic-based argument, I'm sure they'll make it. I just don't think they'll assess that this will be a net negative to them competitively in the long run.

While you are doing soul searching maybe face some reality. UW has 9 players invited to the NFL combine this year. That is nearly a fourth of what the entire Pac12 has going. And for perspective, 9 invitees is only slightly behind the 11 player numbers for Clemson and Alabama. Basically almost half of UW's starting players last season are going to the NFL combine .

Sure you want to beat UW, but the only way that will happen is for that talent difference to be tightened up. Nobody can look at that talent difference and apart from the rivalry aspect think that there would be a different result.

While this accounts for some of WSU's losses to UW, this doesnt account for ALL of WSU's losses.

Sometimes it was UW wanting it more then WSU.

Also WSU would have either won or at least had a closer, more competitive games if it wasnt for:

1. Injuries: If Bender hadnt had to play, Falk may have beat the huskies.

2. If Falk has not regressed, he may have beat the huskies.

3. If the weather hadnt been what it was Minshew would have probably beat the Huskies.

UW having the more NFL players team, a partial reason why UW win, but UW was still GETTING LUCKY, seemed to always take advantage of WSU BAD LUCK.

Take away that, and WSU probably beat the Huskies, at least 1 time.

Also the problem about saying the UW has more NFL players thing, is it can CREATE EXCUSES.

I mean going by that thinking, WSU shouldnt even play UW, should just Forfeit, give UW the AUTOMATIC win, WHY? BECAUSE UW HAS MORE NFL PLAYERS

F THAT

Doesnt matter how many more NFL players UW has, WSU can beat them, if they show up to play, and stop having the BS BAD LUCK BOUNCES, ETC.

I mean if go by number of NFL players, then WSU should be losing to almost everybody in the conference, because almost everybody in the conference has more NFL players then WSU.

So while there is some truth to what your saying as to the reason why UW beat WSU, its not the whole truth.

If WSU loses to UW, you usually get the following responses as to why.

In no particular order:

1. UW has more NFL players etc. Already showed why this is partially true, partially false

2. WSU not show up: partially true, partially false

3. WSU coaching is to blame: Mostly false

4. WSU just UNLUCKY, mostly true.

But the real truth is that the reason why WSU lose to UW, is because of a combination of the above reasons.

WSU, Leach, will beat the Huskies, the bad luck things like the weather, Bender, back up QB's having to play, bad bounces, etc, will stop, and when that happens WSU will beat UW no matter if UW have 25 invited to NFL combine or not

I understand your thought here. But UW did lose to Cal and Oregon, we didn’t. That’s why we can’t be defined by a conference game. We have to be mentally tough, fans and players. Move past an individual loss and win the next play.

While this accounts for some of WSU's losses to UW, this doesnt account for ALL of WSU's losses.

Also WSU would have either won or at least had a closer, more competitive games if it wasnt for:

3. If the weather hadnt been what it was Minshew would have probably beat the Huskies.

UW having the more NFL players team, a partial reason why UW win, but UW was still GETTING LUCKY, seemed to always take advantage of WSU BAD LUCK.

Also the problem about saying the UW has more NFL players thing, is it can CREATE EXCUSES.

I mean going by that thinking, WSU shouldnt even play UW, should just Forfeit, give UW the AUTOMATIC win, WHY? BECAUSE UW HAS MORE NFL PLAYERS

F THAT

Doesnt matter how many more NFL players UW has, WSU can beat them, if they show up to play, and stop having the BS BAD LUCK BOUNCES, ETC.

I mean if go by number of NFL players, then WSU should be losing to almost everybody in the conference, because almost everybody in the conference has more NFL players then WSU.

So while there is some truth to what your saying as to the reason why UW beat WSU, its not the whole truth.

In no particular order:

1. UW has more NFL players etc. Already showed why this is partially true, partially false

But the real truth is that the reason why WSU lose to UW, is because of a combination of the above reasons.

WSU, Leach, will beat the Huskies, the bad luck things like the weather, Bender, back up QB's having to play, bad bounces, etc, will stop, and when that happens WSU will beat UW no matter if UW have 25 invited to NFL combine or not

Actually agree with you on the game Bender had to play and maybe a little on this year's snow game.

My point is you don't give up and think that you will never beat them. Actually the opposite.

The point is there has been one hell of a difference in talent the last 3 seasons and it should not be a surprise that it could not be overcome. When close to half of a team's starters going to the combine that is an elite level team talent wise. How a team that loaded could lose 4 games with a fairly weak schedule is a mystery for them to someday figure out.

The talent difference has not been as significant with Oregon/ Stanford for example in terms of NFL caliber players and that is why WSU broken through with those teams. Also I do not think the talent difference with UW will be as significant in the future as it has been . If you think that they will continue to have years where they send 9 players to the combine then it will be rough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coug1990
What else is new. CP has always been a whiney bitch that’s why he fits in so well at UW.

He has to replace his entire d-backfield, and he loses the human concrete block, Greg Gaines at NT. And he'll have a statue at QB. No more shake and bake Jake to keep drives alive. So, his horsey whining (or is it winnying?) is just to condition the husky faithful that there might be a drop off.

Yeah but just think of the butter $$ they'll save not having to get that helmet on Gaines' head.

You little people are so amusing.

That “Jan application” deadline would be for the Autumn quarter at UW.

Yes I know it is for Fall quarter. Minshew transferred in for Fall semester. Not sure what your point (or Peterson's) is. Jan 15 is plenty late as far as a grad transfer applying.

F THAT

In no particular order:

I believe you forgot the conspiracy to prevent the Apple Cup from being played in mid-June at Lake Chelan. Something like that anyway. Tron has the details.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT