ADVERTISEMENT

Chris Petersen whine

I believe you forgot the conspiracy to prevent the Apple Cup from being played in mid-June at Lake Chelan. Something like that anyway. Tron has the details.

Mid October in Ellensburg.

The following Rivalry games are in October

Texas vs Oklahoma (split stadium) Dallas - Red River Rivalry
Georgia vs Florida (split stadium) Jacksonville - Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party
Alabama vs Tennessee - home/home - 3rd Saturday in October
Michigan vs Michigan State - Home/Home

Seven of those 8 teams all have national titles and all play a rivalry game in October and yet somehow somehow....

I am crazy for wanting a rivalry game (that is one of the farthest in the conference) moved from at the end of the year in awful weather conditions to a highly accessible site in beautiful weather conditions?

We wouldn’t be the first to have a rivalry game in October we wouldn’t even be the second to have a split stadium venue either, and we wouldn’t be the first to have an in state rivalry game in October.

Nothing I propose is actually “new” in the context of college football.

And when you look at conferences like the Big XII, SEC, and B1G all making a boatload more money than the Pac you have to wonder what are they doing that we aren’t?

And the answer in short is.... they aren’t stupid.

They make it easier to have enjoyable experiences that connect fans with programs and big games where as we somehow think it’s a great idea to have some cross state rivalry game in winter in inaccessible conditions.

That’s stupid. It makes us less money it makes you less money it makes it more difficult for fans to go to the games. It makes going to the game dangerous (see the bus accident this year). That’s stupid.

Now here is an opportunity to put the game in beautiful weather conditions, in the most centrally located municipality in the state, putting the game around the same time as other big rivalry games in a beautiful split stadium setting (of which there are few in college football) elevating the marketing and optics of the game.

And yet somehow I am crazy....

Mid October in Ellensburg.

The following Rivalry games are in October

Texas vs Oklahoma (split stadium) Dallas - Red River Rivalry
Georgia vs Florida (split stadium) Jacksonville - Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party
Alabama vs Tennessee - home/home - 3rd Saturday in October
Michigan vs Michigan State - Home/Home

Seven of those 8 teams all have national titles and all play a rivalry game in October and yet somehow somehow....

I am crazy for wanting a rivalry game (that is one of the farthest in the conference) moved from at the end of the year in awful weather conditions to a highly accessible site in beautiful weather conditions?

We wouldn’t be the first to have a rivalry game in October we wouldn’t even be the second to have a split stadium venue either, and we wouldn’t be the first to have an in state rivalry game in October.

Nothing I propose is actually “new” in the context of college football.

And when you look at conferences like the Big XII, SEC, and B1G all making a boatload more money than the Pac you have to wonder what are they doing that we aren’t?

And the answer in short is.... they aren’t stupid.

They make it easier to have enjoyable experiences that connect fans with programs and big games where as we somehow think it’s a great idea to have some cross state rivalry game in winter in inaccessible conditions.

That’s stupid. It makes us less money it makes you less money it makes it more difficult for fans to go to the games. It makes going to the game dangerous (see the bus accident this year). That’s stupid.

Now here is an opportunity to put the game in beautiful weather conditions, in the most centrally located municipality in the state, putting the game around the same time as other big rivalry games in a beautiful split stadium setting (of which there are few in college football) elevating the marketing and optics of the game.

And yet somehow I am crazy....
That was easy.

Or that permanent Apple Cup display. Hard to say which.

LUZ9X06.jpg

“We did it Ma! We’re bringing Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas bowl trophy back to Montlake!”

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Have to view the "little people" thing in context; he was responding to, and presumably poking fun at, the "elitist snobs" remark. I read it as an implicit concession that UW fans aren't elitist snobs, at least not to the extent imagined, since neither the football program nor the university truly are elite, and him poking fun at that notion. He's OK.

Reactions: Cougatron
LUZ9X06.jpg

“We did it Ma! We’re bringing Zaxby’s Heart of Dallas bowl trophy back to Montlake!”

Actually it has to be a great conversation topic for recruits as in : Recruit : "What is Zaxby's" ? The Host : " Hell if I know, but I was told to show you the bowl trophy we won during the Pete era at UW".

Reactions: Cougatron
LUZ9X06.jpg

Wait, wasn’t that the game they played an FCS opponent? When they didn’t have enough teams to fill all the bowls..... SW Missouri Valley, or something? Fantastic looking trophy. Embarrassing that they can’t beat a power 5 team in a bowl game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT