ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Mejia new commit

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
Mejia is a 6'3 220 pd defensive end from Hawaii. His only other offers were from Hawaii and Vanderbilt. There were a couple of bigger DE s visiting whom have multiple big school offers.One wonders if these commits are plan B recruits? The commit list is filling up fast and there are still unmet needs are WR,LB, and DT positions.Perhaps ,Mejia will be converted to a LB.

Mejia is a 6'3 220 pd defensive end from Hawaii. His only other offers were from Hawaii and Vanderbilt. There were a couple of bigger DE s visiting whom have multiple big school offers.One wonders if these commits are plan B recruits? The commit list is filling up fast and there are still unmet needs are WR,LB, and DT positions.Perhaps ,Mejia will be converted to a LB.

Brand X has a story on him. Since it is behind a paywall, I won't divulge any details beyond he is definitely not a plan B recruit and he is not being moved to LB.

Mejia has a build that could easily add 30 pounds. He is likely to be a DE. My only question, since I can't find anything solid, is about his speed. If he has some good burst, he has potential.

Paywalls are silly. Brand X may find free stories on the internet and then put them behind a paywall. is it legal?,I do not know. the ethics of this.,It probably will be in court one day if someone has money and time to waste.If the guy is legit,one would think that many other colleges would have offered The udub and others had him on their radar but did not offer. Perhaps he will be a pleasant surprise recruit.

Paywalls are silly. Brand X may find free stories on the internet and then put them behind a paywall. is it legal?,I do not know. the ethics of this.,It probably will be in court one day if someone has money and time to waste.If the guy is legit,one would think that many other colleges would have offered The udub and others had him on their radar but did not offer. Perhaps he will be a pleasant surprise recruit.

He quietly committed two months ago. Took his official this weekend.

Whether they are silly or not, Brand X interviewed Mejia. Until what they wrote is in the public eye in other ways, I am not going to take what they took they time to do and just post it here. I would also not take what Scott Hood writes behind the premium paywall and take it to Brand X.

The cougs had a DB T Venable (sp),i believe who committed three months ago and then decommited two months later. He has not had a big school offer since I believe that OSU pulled their offer and he is down to Army and Nevada. One usually can tell when several schools look at a recruit and do not offer,how prized a recruit is.Of course,there are surprises and under recruited guys, but if one is known and not offered one wonders.. There are many times recruits "commit" to a school and schools usually take a large number and then weed out the list as the deadline appears. I hope this guy becomes a all PAC 12 player but i doubt it.

One thing is for certain: Oregon State will offer within the next three days.
4_4258902.PNG

Mejia has a build that could easily add 30 pounds. He is likely to be a DE. My only question, since I can't find anything solid, is about his speed. If he has some good burst, he has potential.
This might be from his junior year. He's posted a 4.83 forty time, and a 4.8 shuttle. Not great times, but he's probably faster than our current MLB.
http://www.hudl.com/profile/2760898/christian-mejia

If he's a "Plan B" guy, as a two-time FIRST-TEAM all-state selection, he's a pretty good Plan B guy.

I hope he becomes a starter. He looks like he can put on some weight. His 40 time is Ok for a defensive end. Oregon and udub passed on him but he may have potential. His hudl stats show him at 6'4 193 pds. Vanderbilt was recruiting him as a OLB. Let s wish him the best as he is now part of the team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT