ADVERTISEMENT

Classic Leach

He’s right. If you cant teach a kid to take a snap and jog 3, 5 or 7 steps backwards how are you in the highest level of coaching football?

He’s right. If you cant teach a kid to take a snap and jog 3, 5 or 7 steps backwards how are you in the highest level of coaching football?
It is a little more complicated than that. There are pre-snap reads and reads as you take your sets backwards. During the drop there maybe "hots" that change the play. It can be taught, but the NFL is not all wrong. If they are going to run an offense with drop-back passing, they would want to get an idea of how coach-able the kid is. We had our qb's work on it year round.

CML has never let minor things like facts interrupt a good story. Yes, Tx, it is a little more complicated than that. But still, you gotta love Leach when he gets on a roll with the microphone. One of my oldest friends, a Tech grad, told me when word came out that we hired him: "He will drive you crazy sometimes, but you will be glad that he is your coach. And you will enjoy listening to him."

Truer words were never spoken.

Reactions: CougEd and Tx64
Sooo...I agree 100% with Leach. But if this is true why can’t Gardner Minshew get under center take a snap and lean forward when we need a crucial 6 inches in a blizzard. Sorry, considering where this is coming from seems a bit of a hypocritical comment.

Reactions: HHusky
Sooo...I agree 100% with Leach. But if this is true why can’t Gardner Minshew get under center take a snap and lean forward when we need a crucial 6 inches in a blizzard. Sorry, considering where this is coming from seems a bit of a hypocritical comment.
He did this year. Just not on the play you mentioned.

Because that is not Leach's offense. He is saying that taking a snap under center can be taught if that is the design of the offense. What he is saying is not hypocritical at all.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT