ADVERTISEMENT

College Gameday Dis

Suudy

Head Coach
Aug 1, 2005
Anyone watch Gameday this morning and hear Desmond's preview of our game? He thinks ASU will light us up. And not a single mention of Falk or our offensive weapons. I suspect nobody expects much from the Cougs except us fans.

Desmond Howard is far from the sharpest tool in the shed. Look, I was there when Halliday got hurt, and I watched a "new" guy come in and take over. Granted, the Trojan D is not the best in the world, but it is tough enough, and Falk looked amazing. And when you dig deeper into his history, it is really not as surprising as one might think. But it doesn't surprise me in the least that someone like Howard would be ignorant of that. Cougs are off his limited radar.

Anyone who doesn't think that WSU is not a formidable, dangerous opponent is s fool. Falk is not the normal "second string" guy....

I think it's fair to say you have to take us seriously and regard our offense as potentially dangerous.

But when you've lost literally 70% of your games in the last 10 years, and much of your 30% came from FCS/OOC opponents, you lose the right to be surprised at everyone doubting you.

"Previous performance is no guarantee of current success." (or something like that). And that market advice can be flipped to look at it another way. I grant your point of course, but these are 20-year-old kids and that introduces a great, big unknown "X" into all this.....

Sad thing is that Des will look at the score and think "I knew it."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT