ADVERTISEMENT

Coug[ed], where are you?

Okay go ahead keep proving you are a liar to everyone.

Geezus give it a rest. 1 day after going 9-1. You guys are infantile.

BTW, I watched CML's introductory press conference again. In it, early on, he thanks CPW and CJW for helping lay the foundation for Cougar Football.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Why aren’t you posting any positive comments? You never seem to be around for the good times.

Oh my....I am dead serious when I make the following proposition--would you like my cell so you can call me at the time of day that you think I should be celebrating and the manner in which I should be celebrating and I can tell you what I am doing at that moment.

I can't believe people are worried about what I am doing, what I am writing or reading, and why I don't post during the weekend.

But since you asked, and I will try to recap the weekend for you. But before I do, what is a good reason or 'excuse" that will be satisfying for you? We went through a 6-7 season in 2013 and there was stuff such as my dads wife going through extreme chemo to which she lost her life that December, company was sold and caused huge interruption because of state licensing,volunteering my time for two interests in youth sports took an unreal amount of time that fall, and I didn't post during that bowl season.

In 2016 the same volunteer work took a great deal of my time on the weekends, couple that with a relative going through chemo, there was not a ton of interest for me to post in the fall of 2016.

So if those reasons aren't satisfying then my schedule yesterday will not meet the standards of Cougness.

I will say this, I have very rarely posted on game day, for a variety of reasons. I have never participated in the "game day" threads. A long ago I decided not to post on game day. Palouse Puma, my brother, Tron and others have let their frustrations come out after a loss. My brother declared after the BYU game after several cocktails Leach may never get it done in Pullman. Tron said we were going to lose for a long time in 2015 and pondered who may we get for our next coach after the PSU game. And Palouse Puma after a loss would post things in the heat of the moment that I am sure he wished he never wrote.

After a loss I will never post because I would be emotional. I want to make sure my words are measured, that emotion is riding too high and I say something I don't mean.

After wins, I love to celebrate with my friends. This not a knock, celebrating with people that have names like CougEd and people who I don't know doesn't isn't my thing. For some people that works for them. I make no judgement, it just isn't how I spend my Saturdays.

It's not just now after the game. It was before the game.

Not to toot my own horn.

But Ed made silly apples to oranges comment about WSU should probably lose to UW because UW beat Falk, before the CU game.

I explained, showed why his logic was flawed. Why his comparison was apples to oranges.

Then explained that if Falk hadnt had a concussion, and if Falk had played instead of Bender back up QB, and if Falk, Bender, Back up QB, were better then GM, and if despite that, still lost to UW, then UW might semi probably beat Minshew, then it would be apples to apples, instead of apples to oranges.

Since then Ed has not replied to my comment
Mik...there were several reasons I didn't respond. You made several posts how we were going to kill Cal. I disagreed, but I didn't want to crap on your posts. For the record, I don't think the best team always wins. I think we have a better team than the UW this year. I don't believe they are 30 points better than us, any year. I think we are better this year, but I also agree with Joel Klatt and others when they say the UW is a bad match up for us because of where their strength is.

I get the 2015 game and how Falk wasn't there. I know for a fact the coaching staff was very confident they were going to beat the UW whether Falk played or not. The game didn't play out that way.

We should beat the UW at home because we are a better team. But just out of curiosity if we lose by say 20 this year, what would be the scenario and how would it happen.

He’s here & reading this thread.

You see, There’s this neat little tool on this sight & I just looked it up.

CougEd was last seen:
Viewing thread Coug[ed], where are you?,10 minutes ago

Telling !!!
What does that tell you?
He’s here & reading this thread.

You see, There’s this neat little tool on this sight & I just looked it up.

CougEd was last seen:
Viewing thread Coug[ed], where are you?,10 minutes ago

Telling !!!

Please do tell....where do you think I was when I "viewing" that thread? Let me "tell" you about the two times I went to Cougzone yesterday. I wasn't going to get to watch the game live yesterday. Where I was I was hoping to get an update. I came to Cougzone about 145 I think to get an update. I started to read through the thread then decided to go to ESPN thinking I could read a game log. To my surprise I could watch it live on my phone. But where I was it was impossible to look at my phone for the whole game so I got bits and pieces.

Because of the event I was at I finally got home at 945 and had to turn around and go to the airport and get my daughter on a return flight from Chicago. I was sitting in the cell phone waiting lot, killing time I wanted to read about what I missed in the game. to my surprise there was my name wondering where I was. A minute after I read CD's initial post my daughter called and said she is at baggage claim. So I didn't respond last night.

This AM I am down at the gym when I get a text from a Cougzoner who I do get texts from during the games, and he says "Ed you are famous" and he got a chuckle out of the thread. I went back to CZone to see what the thread mushroomed into. I looked at the number of posts then looked at the thread on Pono for a very specific reason.

I was able to finally get on the computer this eve to make a couple of posts. Not sure what that told you.

Mik...there were several reasons I didn't respond. You made several posts how we were going to kill Cal. I disagreed, but I didn't want to crap on your posts. For the record, I don't think the best team always wins. I think we have a better team than the UW this year. I don't believe they are 30 points better than us, any year. I think we are better this year, but I also agree with Joel Klatt and others when they say the UW is a bad match up for us because of where their strength is.

I get the 2015 game and how Falk wasn't there. I know for a fact the coaching staff was very confident they were going to beat the UW whether Falk played or not. The game didn't play out that way.

We should beat the UW at home because we are a better team. But just out of curiosity if we lose by say 20 this year, what would be the scenario and how would it happen.

Actually I didnt say anything of the sort that WSU would kill Cal.

Others said that. I expected a close game, a coug win, with a 3% chance that Cal, 97% chance that WSU win.

My comment was in response to your comment about UW beating WSU.

If you think that UW will beat WSU, then ok, thats what you think.

But your comparison on WHY UW would win was FLAWED, illogical, was apples to oranges.

WSU has about a 85% chance of beating UW. WSU has about a 13% chance at losing to UW.

The only way WSU loses to UW is if:

1. Injuries

2. Penalties, whether officiating bad, good, but especially if officiating bad.

3. If WSU comes out flat, doesnt play well for whole game for some strange reason.

4. If UW has its best game of the last 100 years.

5. A lot of Crazy, Bad, Butluck, bad luck bounces going against WSU.

Sans those things WSU should win.

But its the applecup. Its UW, WSU is playing, so anything could in theory happen, and WSU lose.

But I go by odds, probabilities, and expect accordingly.

If I didnt, I would not play no limit hold em poker.

If I move all in preflop with AA, and get called with 72, there is about a 83% chance, that AA will hold up, win.

Yeah there is a chance that 72 could flop 72, win. But I dont worry about that. I expect AA to win over 72.

Its the same with WSU vs UW. WSU should beat UW. Yeah UW could in theory win. But I am not going to worry about that. I am going to expect WSU to win.

And I am not going to wring my hands. Say but what if UW win. Say UW will win.

Not be a negative nancy negacoug.

Wont use a apples to oranges comparison on why UW should, would, beat WSU.

Why aren’t you posting any positive comments? You never seem to be around for the good times.

I’m just curious why he hasn’t decided to participate in the fun?? See lots of back handed slaps and passive aggressive posts, I’ve never seen him enjoy the Cougs. We know that he’s hovering and reading. In fact he was reading the Pono thread 12 minutes ago...... where is Sponge? Is he frustrated too? Love it, the best thing to silence the trolls, is to win. Just win baby!

https://washingtonstate.forums.rivals.com/members/couged.78/

Actually it is stunning to me your reaction to me not celebrating with you and others on the board. You seem a bit interested in my days activity. Even if i wanted to celebrate with you and others it would have been impossible, or virtually impossible.

I was at a soccer game during the game. The travel was pretty extensive and I was on the road for close to four hours. Then there was the emotional aftermath of the game. It was a double OT and then a 5/4 shootout in which our team lost. Getting the girls off the field probably was 45 minutes. And probably makes me less Coug when my daughter didn't play.

After the drive back home we went out for dinner. I dropped my wife off at home, then had to drive another hour to the airport o pick up my daughter and take her back to her sorority at the UW. By the time I got home it was after midnight. So even if I wanted to get online and celebrate with you it was virtually impossible.

And to be honest, back in the day I met many of GBC's posters. We had beers together and I knew them past a screen name. I don't know you. When I celebrate it is with people I am with when I am at the game. CougEd is a name. I could be Bozo the Coug. CD to me you are Santa Claus, a mythical person. Not a slam, but you are a stranger, as is the nature of message boards. People toll in anonymity on this board. It simply isn't my style or interest to ditch my company when i am watching a game to come on the board and post.

Actually Couged, I’m interested why you’re never positive and you always post on a passive aggressive angle. Actually, forget that, it’s pretty clear. Save us from the book.

Reactions: Cougatron
Actually Couged, I’m interested why you’re never positive and you always post on a passive aggressive angle. Actually, forget that, it’s pretty clear. Save us from the book.

Says the guy who started the "CougED where are you?" thread and has 8 posts in it.

Talk about passive-aggressive.

And here I am sucked into this. I am so ashamed. :oops:

Oh....my bad. You point out what you don't like and I will be more than happy to explain why I wrote it.

Not sure I ever questioned Leach and his ability to get it done. Nor have I ever questioned players he has run off, or even questioned who he recruited when the class was announced.

Go back to the PSU game. Never once questioned his ability. I would even redo his contract. I would structure it way differently. I would pay him 6 million 2019. I would pay him 5.5 in base in 2020 with 1.5 in attainable bonuses. 5 mill in 2021 with 2 million in attainable bonuses. And 4.5 in 2022 with 3 million in bonuses. Gets him to 62. Pays him immediately for a reward for 2018.

I have said it 100 times, Mike Leach is a top ten coach in the country. Sorry you don't see that as positive.

ED & Sponge are shitty Cougs.

They are the type that give Cougs a bad look. They claim to be diehard Cougs in their circles yet tear down the Program every chance they get. Just cause money was donated doesn’t give Them a right to bitch & cast shadows on the Program & Coach At every dip.

These guys are both blowhards. Everyone knows these types of guys in their own circles.

These are the types Moos wanted out. For good reason.

He wanted donors out? Why would he want the people who give money during good times and bad, and want those that withhold funds in protest? Seems to me on several levels cutting your nose off to spite your face.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT