ADVERTISEMENT

Cougar Collective, 2025 and Pac-?

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2022
Link below to a new Brand X article on the Cougar Collective. Color me absolutely unimpressed. I donated $100 to the BB matching campaign last Fall(?), which resulted in absolutely nothing as almost the whole team split. Now they are trying to get to their $400,000 FB matching campaign goal? Wow. Shit - Mateer and Parker alone will command more NIL money than that. Hoping that doesn't happen, with Mateer's deal with Northern Quest (which I assume is outside the Collective's efforts, purview and numbers?) Let me remind you of the $35 MILLION that the Sacramento community raised in NIL $ in a day. Shit they could just buy our entire team and have cash left over. A bunch.

And the Collective partnering with the pathetic bunch in WSU Athletics (marketing and fundraising)? Oh boy. Abbott and Costello? Dumb and Dumber?

Now, on to 2025. Last Thursday, we were teased with "We're putting together a schedule and there should be more news coming out here in a week or two on the next five opponents."

Ok, it's only been 5 days. Not a week, not 2 weeks. But still.

Pac-X realignment. Gotten those media deal analyses done yet? MW conference has announced that Hawaii will join as a full member, so they have their 8 teams. Pac - Just go get Sac State now and let them get on with their stadium plans and recruitment (did I mention their $35M in NIL?) and harnessing their #20 TV market and clear community support. And easy travel. Our pipe/wet dream of luring really not that great Memphis and whatever other AAC team is just stupid. We f-ed it up. Get over it. Maybe talk to them later.

Oh, and OSU sucks. UNLV will kick their ass this weekend. What a Pac partner they are.

So there. Time for bed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT