ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs dropped out of both polls

ATACFD

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2015
Not terribly surprised. I often complain about bias but this time I think it's warranted.

the breakdown was mental as well as physical they couldn't play with a lead and the mistakes got in their head, you see it with kids in little league-errors get contagious and the whole team melts down-that's the mark of an inexperienced non-veteran team.

they are better off unranked a little success is something they couldn't handle

No sour grapes here because we deserve it this week, but the nation is still not ready to let WSU occupy a Top 25 spot unless they have to. One loss with several others above and below and we're gone. Looking at votes, we're not even in the Top 30.

You have to string together a decade of 9+ win seasons and bowl wins before you earn that lingering "they used to be good" effect that Michigan (et al) enjoy - note UM were stomped in their only challenge so far and barely survived Army and they're still Top 20. Gross.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
No sour grapes here because we deserve it this week, but the nation is still not ready to let WSU occupy a Top 25 spot unless they have to. One loss with several others above and below and we're gone. Looking at votes, we're not even in the Top 30.

You have to string together a decade of 9+ win seasons and bowl wins before you earn that lingering "they used to be good" effect that Michigan (et al) enjoy - note UM were stomped in their only challenge so far and barely survived Army and they're still Top 20. Gross.
In fairness there’s probably not anyone in the top 30 who gave up 60+ points in a game this year...at home...to a winless team.

We don’t deserve to sniff the rankings right now. Get some stuff figured out and beat Utah then your at least in the conversation again.

Reactions: walzuu
After next week you guys can probably stop thinking about polls and worry about bowl eligibility.

In fairness there’s probably not anyone in the top 30 who gave up 60+ points in a game this year...at home...to a winless team.

We don’t deserve to sniff the rankings right now. Get some stuff figured out and beat Utah then your at least in the conversation again.
If you want to say WE don’t deserve it fine. If you read my post it says much the same.

The issue is in the lingering effect some legacy teams enjoy. So we drop out, fine. But the former powers who continue to embarrass themselves and are just grandfathered into season long Top 25 rankings are the ones who need a closer look

If you want to say WE don’t deserve it fine. If you read my post it says much the same.

The issue is in the lingering effect some legacy teams enjoy. So we drop out, fine. But the former powers who continue to embarrass themselves and are just grandfathered into season long Top 25 rankings are the ones who need a closer look

Michigan lost to the no. 13 ranked team in the country. Their opponents are 7-3 overall this year.

WSU gave up 67 to the second worst team in the Pac 12 at home. Their opponents are 2-14 overall.

Pretending this is a "grandfathered" power issue is an absolute joke.

Michigan lost to the no. 13 ranked team in the country. Their opponents are 7-3 overall this year.

WSU gave up 67 to the second worst team in the Pac 12 at home. Their opponents are 2-14 overall.

Pretending this is a "grandfathered" power issue is an absolute joke.
The same 1-5 UCLA Team that beat Cal 37-7 last year. The same Cal team that beat.........

Reactions: PeteTheChop

Oh there’s bias in the polls I’ll never argue that. Most of the voters don’t know Jack diddly about what’s happening out west. Just saying we proved emphatically with that shitburger we laid that we aren’t a TEAM that warrants any recognition for anything right now. Individuals putting up stats is all we are at the moment.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT