ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs + HBO

What's Hard Knocks show about and what would a college version of that show be like?

Not that I would be able to see it. I wouldnt because my FREE Direct TV package that get free, included with, in my rent, doesnt include HBO, and Direct TV, and my Apt company that I pay rent to, wont allow me to pay to add HBO, etc, to the, my package.

I'm torn on this.

I'd love the exposure of a hard knocks type show, especially in the first run, as it would undoubtedly expose countless recruits to the beauty of Pullman and the genius of Leach. We'd likely jump ten spots up the recruiting rankings from this alone. HBO would also kick in some dollars to help with an athletic department in the red.

The downside is of course the distraction which comes from having a reality TV show around the team. Our squad isn't talented enough to weather lapses in concentration as they prep for games. Avoiding broadcasting the routine drama/chaos of a football season seems like something to avoid. I wouldn't have wanted cameras following around Isaiah Johnson-Mack and Tavares Martin Jr a couple years ago. Seems like we have a malcontent or two on the squad each year and I want to keep them away from the microphone.

Not a fan of this. Last thing we need is this kind of distraction. If we need HBO running around to gain a few spots in our ranking, I'm OK being the "surprise" of the PAC again.

Interesting that CML has OK'ed this. That's the bigger surprise on this one.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
Looks like it would be for only one week before the ASU game. While it is higher profile HBO, it wouldn't be all that different an impact than filming The Drive.

If anyone can keep the team focused, disciplined, working hard, not letting the reality show thing Go To Their heads, It's Leach. Leach would, will do that just fine.

Any Team member that would experience a problem with focus, discipline, etc, because of the reality show, would probably get chewed out by Leach, and if that didnt work, would probably go visit Leach Beach.

Also I am pretty sure Leach has expressed some to most of these concerns to the reality show, and laid down some ground rules for players, coaches, personnel, cameramen, the reality show, the producers, etc, to try and prevent problems.

Also altho there will, would likely be a couple, few, some hiccups, minor problems, those would, will probably be limited, prevented from becoming bigger problems, and fixed, dealt with.

And even if the reality show affects game performance, an or causes 1/2 to 1 game to be lost, etc, the EXPOSURE, the INCREASED RECRUITING, would help the program in future years.

Basically the reality show is a INVESTMENT in EXPOSURE, RECRUITING, BUILDING the program, etc.

And thats a worthwhile tradeoff, for the risk of lowered performance, maybe losing 1 more game.

And because of all of the above, thats why Leach is probably ok with it, and probably signed off on, about it.

My understanding was HBO actually was filming in Leach's first season or two to do something similar and the conference shut it down (because, Larry Scott...) due to wanting to push The Drive.

Looks like it would be for only one week before the ASU game. While it is higher profile HBO, it wouldn't be all that different an impact than filming The Drive.

My assumption too, only there will not be any editing for content.

I've alway seen The Drive as contrived and boring. Perhaps this will be better.

Reactions: Cougzz
My understanding was HBO actually was filming in Leach's first season or two to do something similar and the conference shut it down (because, Larry Scott...) due to wanting to push The Drive.
Seems like that rumor involved Peter Berg too

What's Hard Knocks show about and what would a college version of that show be like?

Not that I would be able to see it. I wouldnt because my FREE Direct TV package that get free, included with, in my rent, doesnt include HBO, and Direct TV, and my Apt company that I pay rent to, wont allow me to pay to add HBO, etc, to the, my package.

Get the HBO NOW App, you don't need HBO through your provider to get it, it does cost money though.

Reactions: mikalalas
I'm torn on this.

I'd love the exposure of a hard knocks type show, especially in the first run, as it would undoubtedly expose countless recruits to the beauty of Pullman and the genius of Leach. We'd likely jump ten spots up the recruiting rankings from this alone. HBO would also kick in some dollars to help with an athletic department in the red.

The downside is of course the distraction which comes from having a reality TV show around the team. Our squad isn't talented enough to weather lapses in concentration as they prep for games. Avoiding broadcasting the routine drama/chaos of a football season seems like something to avoid. I wouldn't have wanted cameras following around Isaiah Johnson-Mack and Tavares Martin Jr a couple years ago. Seems like we have a malcontent or two on the squad each year and I want to keep them away from the microphone.

ezgif-1-b6458e203d6b.gif

Get the HBO NOW App, you don't need HBO through your provider to get it, it does cost money though.
Wish there was a “PAC12 Now” app. That is the only thing keeping me tethered to my Dish subscription. I’ve probably watched three shows since college hoops ended that weren’t through my Roku. Every subscription, other than PAC 12 Network, I’ve transferred.

Would be great exposure.

Isn't our uniform deal with Nike expiring in the next few years or so? Probably would help WSU leverage for a better contract next time around.

Wish there was a “PAC12 Now” app. That is the only thing keeping me tethered to my Dish subscription. I’ve probably watched three shows since college hoops ended that weren’t through my Roku. Every subscription, other than PAC 12 Network, I’ve transferred.

Just grab Sling for the season. Cheaper than dish anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT