ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs sign 2

The player from Cheney is supposedly the #2 basketball prospect in the state and has no Pac-12 offers? That seems odd.

The player from Cheney is supposedly the #2 basketball prospect in the state and has no Pac-12 offers? That seems odd.
Probably because he played in a league not known for high competition, and that he missed almost all of his junior season.

His JR year obviously hurt but the GSL had by my count 10 Guys playing D-1 last year that’s not to shabby.
I counted Chatfield who played at Clarkston which wasn’t in the GSL when he played but has been in the passed. So 9 but I’m probably missing some

Last edited:
Maybe Stinson is considered a "tweener" at this point? Not enough athleticism for the perimeter or size/length for the 4.

Dick/Tony were great at projecting talent so I'm sure there was more to it. I still like Dick's comment on recruiting approach on players having 2 of 3 between character, athleticism, and skill/shooting with character required as 1 of the 3.

If Stinson can at minimum shoot at this level he can carve out some kind of a role.

Maybe Stinson is considered a "tweener" at this point? Not enough athleticism for the perimeter or size/length for the 4.

Dick/Tony were great at projecting talent so I'm sure there was more to it. I still like Dick's comment on recruiting approach on players having 2 of 3 between character, athleticism, and skill/shooting with character required as 1 of the 3.

If Stinson can at minimum shoot at this level he can carve out some kind of a role.

Stinson at the 3 spot, is a proto 3, at 6-7, 180, unless he is slower then slow as molasses, and can't jump, etc.

At the 3 spot, you can semi get away with not being as laterally quick offensively, defensively, whereas at the 1, PG, 2, SG spots, you need to have more speed, athleticism, lateral quickness then the 3 spot.

That said you can't be as slow laterally as Lodwick, Joey Waerminghoven(unsure of the spelling), etc, and play the 3 spot(Which is why Lodwick played at the 4 spot, despite being 6-6, UNDERSIZED

So altho Stinson might be a bit of a tweener at the 2,SG, 4, PF spots, he will probably do ok eventually at the 3 spot.

The only problem I see with Stinson's recruitment, is it is going to maintain the LOGJAM at the 3 spot, and need 4's, Combo guards that can play the 1,2,3 spots, more then 3 spot recruits, unless those 3 spot recruits can play the 2,3,4 spots

Log jam at the 3? Only returning 3s next year would be Wells and Kymany, and Kymany is playing more 1 and 2 so far this year. As of yet we don’t really know what we have Wells.

Log jam at the 3? Only returning 3s next year would be Wells and Kymany, and Kymany is playing more 1 and 2 so far this year. As of yet we don’t really know what we have Wells.

Just give Smith some time, as Smith loves recruiting 3's, WINGS.

I'm sure that Smith will recruit 1,2,3 more players capable of playing the 3, WING spot, and at least 1 of those 1,2,3 more 3, WING spot recruits, will be able to play the 3,2,4 spots in addition to being able to play the 3,WING spot well. But because of lots of 4's, 5's, etc, that versatile recruit or 2, will play either the 3, Wing, or SG, kind of like Kymany.

Just give Smith some time, as Smith loves recruiting 3's, WINGS.

I'm sure that Smith will recruit 1,2,3 more players capable of playing the 3, WING spot, and at least 1 of those 1,2,3 more 3, WING spot recruits, will be able to play the 3,2,4 spots in addition to being able to play the 3,WING spot well. But because of lots of 4's, 5's, etc, that versatile recruit or 2, will play either the 3, Wing, or SG, kind of like Kymany.

Because of this, there will probably be a semi log jam of 6 players capable of playing the 3 spot(1. Wells. 2. Kymany. 3. Stinson. 4. A versatile Wing recruit capable of playing the 3,2,4, spots 5. A versatile Wing recruit capable of playing the 3,2,1 spots, 6. A pure 3 recruit like Stinson.

Because of this, there will probably be a semi log jam of 6 players capable of playing the 3 spot(1. Wells. 2. Kymany. 3. Stinson. 4. A versatile Wing recruit capable of playing the 3,2,4, spots 5. A versatile Wing recruit capable of playing the 3,2,1 spots, 6. A pure 3 recruit like Stinson.

Also don't forget that the 6-8.5 recruit that chose WSU over Seton Hall, etc, can also play the 3 spot, in addition to the 4 spot, kind of like Jaki.

So combined with the above, that would make likely 7 possible players that can play the 3 spot, Wing.

Also don't forget that the 6-8.5 recruit that chose WSU over Seton Hall, etc, can also play the 3 spot, in addition to the 4 spot, kind of like Jaki.

So combined with the above, that would make likely 7 possible players that can play the 3 spot, Wing.

Sounds like at least a semi log jam at the 3 Wing Spot to me.

His JR year obviously hurt but the GSL had by my count 10 Guys playing D-1 last year that’s not to shabby.
I counted Chatfield who played at Clarkston which wasn’t in the GSL when he played but has been in the passed. So 9 but I’m probably missing some
Just curious, how many are playing P5? I know one in Darling.

Just curious, how many are playing P5? I know one in Darling.
Anton Watson would start at virtually every P5 school in the country.

The younger Groves kid is still at Oklahoma.

Can’t name the rest as I’ve been out of it for awhile.

Younger Groves is playing for Tony at Virginia. Stephens at Oregon state. Boise State isn’t p5 but Deganhart is very solid plus they had another contributor.

I guess it’s official that Spokane has become Hooptown, especially in comparison to it being a football town.
Roughly 4000 kids playing D1 basketball vs 14-15k on scholarship playing D1 Football between FCS and FBS. I don’t think there’s 9 kids playing D1 football from the GSL?

When I was in HS, G Prep had 6 kids from 1 class all go P5 if you include Notre Dame as a P5 and multiple other kids from other HSs. Times have changed.

Spokane flipped over to basketball centric about the time Halliday graduated from high school. It was relatively even then.

Spokane flipped over to basketball centric about the time Halliday graduated from high school. It was relatively even then.
Sounds about right.

2 of the GSL kids will be playing in the AC Saturday. Darnold - WSU and Culp uw. I think they’re both 6 year guys.
The only other P5 GSL er I can think of is a kicker at TAM.

Sounds about right.

2 of the GSL kids will be playing in the AC Saturday. Darnold - WSU and Culp uw. I think they’re both 6 year guys.
The only other P5 GSL er I can think of is a kicker at TAM.
There’s still a Rehkow at BYU

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT