ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs vs Cyclones

Refs gave us one there on that slip thst wasnt a foul. I'm sure that won't stop the complaints though. Seems like it's been called pretty well to me. I'm sure I'll get chastised for that.
I will chastise you for the whining. It's not a good look.

yeah, except we'll get called for the only charge in the entire tournament. Followed up by an NBA push off from the ISU kid. It's the subtle bs like that.
Both were fouls one of the guys got run over the chicken wing was subtle enough i guess defenitely got away with one though.
Ou
yeah, except we'll get called for the only charge in the entire tournament. Followed up by an NBA push off from the ISU kid. It's the subtle bs like that.
Myles Rice slipped and fell untouched and they called a foul. They aren't going to call them all or all correctly. If they called every foul fans are screaming g for games would take 4 hours and all starters would be fouled out.

Refs gave us one there on that slip thst wasnt a foul. I'm sure that won't stop the complaints though. Seems like it's been called pretty well to me. I'm sure I'll get chastised for that.
it's not totally fouls, it's who is called and when. Cluff and Jones both with 3 before half is complete bs and compliments of ISU throwing their bodies into the lane and initiating contact. Somehow I doubt we'd receive the same calls if we did the same.

geezus fcking christ.

any comment on that flop gp?
Could've not been called. But there was some contact. Not sure why you're focusing on meh foul calls while Iowa state continues to score and wsu continues to be unable to buy a bucket. That seems to be the issue.

it's not totally fouls, it's who is called and when. Cluff and Jones both with 3 before half is complete bs and compliments of ISU throwing their bodies into the lane and initiating contact. Somehow I doubt we'd receive the same calls if we did the same.
Stop blaming the refs, we are losing because we cant shoot

Well it was a nice run while it lasted. Hopefully the rest of the PAC 12 goes deeper to make WSU some money

Well, thanks for the memories.

What day does Kyle Smith announce he’s leaving? I’ll take Tuesday.

you know, I should have listened to the radio again. listening to the national hacks constantly sniff the jocks of everyone else but our team gets under my skin more than it probably should.

Great season. They peaked a little too early. Played their best ball mid season and had a middling stretch at the wrong time. Go cougs!

5 for 23 from 3, they were 7 of 14. 2 more threes in 9 less attempts tells the story
Yep. The one foul I will bitch about was Jones or Kymani constesting a basket shot (which missed). The up top replay clearly showed that our guy swung at and did not touch the ball or player. Nothing. Yet a shooting foul. That's all.

Edit: And I'm fine with shooting all the 3's. We just couldn't make them. 9-23 and we would have won.

If their gameplan was to take Jones out of the game and make us take a bunch of 3s, they executed it to perfection.

As many 8-10ft jumpers as we made it would have been nice to see 5 of those attempts instead of 5 of the 3s we took.

That being said, season 3 % is .343 so if they even match that we have 9 more points. Ridiculous how cold the players were from 3 to end the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: longtimecoug
If their gameplan was to take Jones out of the game and make us take a bunch of 3s, they executed it to perfection.

As many 8-10ft jumpers as we made it would have been nice to see 5 of those attempts instead of 5 of the 3s we took.

That being said, season 3 % is .343 so if they even match that we have 9 more points. Ridiculous how cold the players were from 3 to end the season.

Oh, and not to hate on the guy, but if Jaki is going to be wholly ineffective (due to his shoulder) why the f is he out there? Its basically 4 on 5 when we have the ball.
Yaki was a total non factor, i agree he should not have been in there

Yaki was a total non factor, i agree he should not have been in there
Jaki had 7 rebounds and a block. He played tough, just could not shoot with his shoulder. Smith's defense sucked. Sit the big guys for major stretches as they kill us in the paint. Play them both at the same time, dumbass!

What part of my comment "couldn't shoot with his shoulder" did you not understand?

And it is on the coach to have him in there and shooting.
Did his shoulder cause him to shoot 60 per cent from the foul line this year? He is a spot up shooter, if left unguarded he can be effective. With any pressure he is a brick layer. We clearly have nobody else

Did his shoulder cause him to shoot 60 per cent from the foul line this year? He is a spot up shooter, if left unguarded he can be effective. With any pressure he is a brick layer. We clearly have nobody else

The problem was. We didn’t have anyone else.

7 rebounds,

without Jaki, we don’t make the tournament.

Period.

Be greatful.
And shoulder or not he’s just a streaky shooter. He did fine against Drake. Can’t put that on Smith, it just wasn’t in the cards.

Stop blaming the refs, we are losing because we cant shoot
We didn’t “lose because of the refs”. Here’s what I will say. The game was called differently at both ends of the court. Iowa state gets the “that’s just the way they play defense” treatment, flat nailed it at the beginning. Considering how many buckets Isaac and Oscar made getting clobbered without and 1’s and they called the one on us where there was zero contact. The foul on rice where the guy flopped, and the broken up alley oop by Chinyelu were two others that were pretty bad considering how much contact Iowa state is allowed to play with all game.

We needed to make more shots at the end of the day and if it was a <5 point game it would be fair to bitch about the refs. Give credit to ISU, that’s a big part of what they do is frustrate other teams with that style of play, and if you are able to get away with it keep doing it.

As far as officiating in general, the game was flawless compared to the scrubs we are used to seeing in the p12.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT