ADVERTISEMENT

Cougs win

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
WSU 78 Carroll College 70. The cougs were behind 35-26 at the half. Let s hope they improve ,game by game. I did ot get to see any of the game.

Just got home from the game. Learned exactly what I thought I would. Nothing other than there's a long long way to go. Acquaah is still injured and didn't suit up. Don't know what the injury is, but it must be fairly serious since he didn't play in Italy either.

Interesting to see CC sophomore, Liberty grad, Match Burnham. He played well had 18 pts. Also learned his mother's maiden name was Freeze and her first name was Dixie. She also has a brother whose name was Forest, but early on acquired the nickname Frosty. At least that's what the lady sitting next to us said.

Just got home from the game. Learned exactly what I thought I would. Nothing other than there's a long long way to go. Acquaah is still injured and didn't suit up. Don't know what the injury is, but it must be fairly serious since he didn't play in Italy either.

Interesting to see CC sophomore, Liberty grad, Match Burnham. He played well had 18 pts. Also learned his mother's maiden name was Freeze and her first name was Dixie. She also has a brother whose name was Forest, but early on acquired the nickname Frosty. At least that's what the lady sitting next to us said.
How did Flynn and Pollard look? Acquaah has a knee issue and isn't scheduled to play until the middle of the month.

How did Flynn and Pollard look? Acquaah has a knee issue and isn't scheduled to play until the middle of the month.
Flynn played most of the game and looked good. Really under control. I think he was the brightest spot. Pollard looked OK. He was able to score around the basket but not from a few feet out. It's really hard to tell with him because CC's tallest guy was 6'8" (I think) plus he didn't get that many minutes and the offense was guard oriented. To me it's really hard to take anything away from this game.

Saw your mom & pop at the game. Always good to see them.

Langston Ergos and Chitum also didnt play. The rest of the guys all got lots of minutes except Clifford. 2 points in 9 min.

Flynn played most of the game and looked good. Really under control. I think he was the brightest spot. Pollard looked OK. He was able to score around the basket but not from a few feet out. It's really hard to tell with him because CC's tallest guy was 6'8" (I think) plus he didn't get that many minutes and the offense was guard oriented. To me it's really hard to take anything away from this game.

Saw your mom & pop at the game. Always good to see them.
Good to hear on Flynn. It sounds like they might decide to shutdown Acquaah because of his knee. I did see some highlights and it appeared Franks came back in better shape.

Probably not too much you can take away at this point but feels like another long year until proven otherwise.

Biggest problem last year was the vacuum in back court leadersip left when Lacy graduated. This on a team that really needed it with so many new guys. Not taking Kent off the hook because I dont think he did a good job but I think coaches can bounce back just like players can

It sounds like Kent is making better use of his players this year. I want to see how Flynn does when he goes up against a top caliber defensive PG.It is too early to tell but i have guarded optimism for this year.There are some fans who say that the team will miss Que and the other transfer. However,i see better teamwork,more cohesiveness and sustained effort. if this will result in more wins is problematic.

I am going to the CWu game next week and I am anxious to see some of the newer players such as Flynn and pollard. Too bad about Acquaah. Taking my kid to his second WSU basketball game. The indoctrination of a future coug continues!!

The building of fan support is crucial to the program s success. Your son will see a coug victory next week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT