ADVERTISEMENT

CW to Miami

He will probably do AWESOME in Miami, as everything about Miami is a good fit for him Coaching, development, scheme, system, Better O Line, Better TE's, Better WR's, Better Run game, Better Spread option, RPO, etc, PASSING ATTACK, better visibility, better reputation, more NFL scouts, more better EVERYTHING.

He will probably put up about 4000+ yards, and 40+ TD's, and 69% completion ratio, and ONLY 8 int's, and ONLY 1,2,3 fumbles, and about 333 rushing yards, and about 3 to 5 to 7 rushing TD's, and about 5 yards per carry average, and about leading Miami to about a 9-3,10-2, 11-1, record, and a NY6, bowl, or maybe even 1 of the 12 CFP berths, and about a 160 to 165 to 170 QBR rating and about a good senior bowl showing and combine showing and about a Heisman Candidate, and about drafted between about 4th pick of 1st round at best, to last pick of 4th round at worst, in NFL draft.

And he gets a huge about 2.5 mil NIL deal, and whatever he gets in NFL.

And Dickert will be able to sell that to both 4,5 star HS QB's, an or 4,5 star JC, FCS, FBS, G5, P4,5 Transfer Portal QB's, so that WSU will probably get 3.5 star, 4 star, 4,5star, and even a 5 star QB to help DOMINATE the MWC schedule the next 1,2 years

Any rumors on the size of his NIL deal? He either got advice he respected more re his NFL Draft stock or he played Miami like a fiddle and got a big bag.

He will probably do AWESOME in Miami, as everything about Miami is a good fit for him Coaching, development, scheme, system, Better O Line, Better TE's, Better WR's, Better Run game, Better Spread option, RPO, etc, PASSING ATTACK, better visibility, better reputation, more NFL scouts, more better EVERYTHING.

He will probably put up about 4000+ yards, and 40+ TD's, and 69% completion ratio, and ONLY 8 int's, and ONLY 1,2,3 fumbles, and about 333 rushing yards, and about 3 to 5 to 7 rushing TD's, and about 5 yards per carry average, and about leading Miami to about a 9-3,10-2, 11-1, record, and a NY6, bowl, or maybe even 1 of the 12 CFP berths, and about a 160 to 165 to 170 QBR rating and about a good senior bowl showing and combine showing and about a Heisman Candidate, and about drafted between about 4th pick of 1st round at best, to last pick of 4th round at worst, in NFL draft.

And he gets a huge about 2.5 mil NIL deal, and whatever he gets in NFL.

And Dickert will be able to sell that to both 4,5 star HS QB's, an or 4,5 star JC, FCS, FBS, G5, P4,5 Transfer Portal QB's, so that WSU will probably get 3.5 star, 4 star, 4,5star, and even a 5 star QB to help DOMINATE the MWC schedule the next 1,2 years
Care to make a wager on the only 1, 2, 3 fumbles?

Let's not be naive in this crazy era of professional college football. What's more likely, Cam was seriously considering entering the draft or it was merely NIL hold out ploy? He enters the draft, gets cut, he would likely receive less than 400k, and his career would probably be over. Staying in the minor leagues, his NIL will be more lucrative, he can work on his craft and he still have NFL guaranty money to look forward to, at a minimum.

With NIL, how long will it be before some kid, like Cam, challenges the 4 seasons in 5 years rule, so they can make a football career based on NIL money? With NIL, the current NCAA rule is clearly a restraint on trade, and subject to being struck down.

This crap will get much worse before it gets better for the likes of WSU.

Food for thought!

With NIL, how long will it be before some kid, like Cam, challenges the 4 seasons in 5 years rule, so they can make a football career based on NIL money? With NIL, the current NCAA rule is clearly a restraint on trade, and subject to being struck down.

This crap will get much worse before it gets better for the likes of WSU.

Food for thought!
Probably not long. Taulia Tagovailoa is already petitioning for a waiver of the 4 game rule, because he played in 5 as a freshman and wants another year.

Maybe I could petition for an extra year of HS football? I may have lost a step but I’m bigger (fatter).

Reactions: ATACFD
Maybe I could petition for an extra year of HS football? I may have lost a step but I’m bigger (fatter).
Biggs has already been petitioning for another year for the last 27 years. Getting a D- in algebra doesn’t give you another year of eligibility unfortunately.

Hey, come on! It IS a passing grade. LOL
C's get degrees. Except in Grad School. B's get degrees.

Boring side story. I am a lowly BA, but working in Higher Ed a Master's is pretty important if you strive for VP level. So I took several Master's classes. One was pretty tough, the prof worked us hard. Was funny, with my accounting degree, to sit there with these MBA candidates who had "Survey of Accounting" as their only accounting class sitting there trying to understand advanced cost accounting. Hey, I would ask questions all the time, I'm not shy, and would occasionally look around at all their blank faces. And laugh.

Then an online insurance class, which wasn't hard but was robust. Then, an accounting/finance type class, forget the name. 16 2.5 hour evening sessions. 6 of which were cancelled by the prof because of her schedule. The rest? We never came close to staying the 2.5 hours. She waxed on each time about her vast experience in the real world and showed us a bunch of super complicated Excel macros, etc. Did not learn a Goddam thing but did get an A in all 3.

Sorry, slow Sunday...... :)

Boring side story. I am a lowly BA, but working in Higher Ed a Master's is pretty important if you strive for VP level. So I took several Master's classes. One was pretty tough, the prof worked us hard. Was funny, with my accounting degree, to sit there with these MBA candidates who had "Survey of Accounting" as their only accounting class sitting there trying to understand advanced cost accounting. Hey, I would ask questions all the time, I'm not shy, and would occasionally look around at all their blank faces. And laugh.

Then an online insurance class, which wasn't hard but was robust. Then, an accounting/finance type class, forget the name. 16 2.5 hour evening sessions. 6 of which were cancelled by the prof because of her schedule. The rest? We never came close to staying the 2.5 hours. She waxed on each time about her vast experience in the real world and showed us a bunch of super complicated Excel macros, etc. Did not learn a Goddam thing but did get an A in all 3.

A masters is an easy weed-out criteria. If you don’t have one, you’ll have to be very good to even get to middle management, forget VP. The powers will use it as a BS requirement just to disqualify as many as possible. They’d rather hire people who know theory than people who know how things actually get done.

Once you’ve got your masters and make it into the pool, the most important things are the ability to identify exactly which part of the boss’ ass to apply your lips to, and the ability to avoid saying “no” to anyone who outranks you.

Grad. School grades start at a B and go up.

Way to hijack the thread, Loyal! Actually, this one is fun. I took only one 500 level class. I won't bore you with which engineering class it was. What struck me was how much more laid back it was than the undergrad classes. Less BS and more discussion of how to make the thing under discussion actually work. I enjoyed it. If I had not been so absolutely mentally done with school at that point I might have decided to spend a couple more years getting a masters. Of course, it helped that I liked the professor...that always counts for something.

Way to hijack the thread, Loyal! Actually, this one is fun. I took only one 500 level class. I won't bore you with which engineering class it was. What struck me was how much more laid back it was than the undergrad classes. Less BS and more discussion of how to make the thing under discussion actually work. I enjoyed it. If I had not been so absolutely mentally done with school at that point I might have decided to spend a couple more years getting a masters. Of course, it helped that I liked the professor...that always counts for something.
I'm still kind of bitter about getting passed over at this one institution because of my lack of a Master's. Instead they hired this MBA, 20 years younger and no experience in higher ed. But she had an MBA! No accounting degree. I had been the de facto VP for nearly a year after the previous one left. She bailed after about a year, had a kid and needed a less taxing job.

Funny that 5 years later the new VP only has a Bachelor's. Go figure.

I'm still kind of bitter about getting passed over at this one institution because of my lack of a Master's. Instead they hired this MBA, 20 years younger and no experience in higher ed. But she had an MBA! No accounting degree. I had been the de facto VP for nearly a year after the previous one left. She bailed after about a year, had a kid and needed a less taxing job.

I had one of those bitter experiences as well, but it caused me to transfer to SoCal when I was 30. Best thing that could have happened to me, though it took at least a decade for me to see that...

As a Construction Management major, we had to take several Business/Econ classes to graqduate, outside of the usual Engineering and Architecture classes. I enjoyed those classes so much I pretty much always took both when they gave us an either/or option. I graduated with 145 credits (needed 120 to graduate) since I took so many of thoseBA/Econ classes. I'll try to list them as well as I can recall them, and I then started my MBA there at WSU.

What triggered my post here was your comment about being so absolutely mentally done with school, which is exactly where I was after the year of grad school. I actually did finish up and get my MBA several years later doing night school and weekends while working full time. I actually felt like the work at City University was better than what was taught at WSU for grad school.

Going to test my memory here;
Econ 202 & 203 (?), the beginning classes
Econ 301, tough class, Edna Douglas taught it
BA 215 (?) Statistics, UGH
BA 210 Business Law, local attorney, I think
BA 305 & 405 Real Estate
BA 320 Risk and Insurance, Irving Field
BA 340 Organization
BA 350 & 450 Personnel, Mark Hammer, great prof
BA 360 Marketing, Chuck Lillis (one Friday he said he was going out that weekend to dangle a worm in a bass hole)
BA ??? Money and Banking, Weaver taught, was a rebel that wore jeans with his sport coat
BA 560 (?) Marketing, Rom Markin, not an enjoyable experience (he wrote the textbook)

Also had to take a beginning Computer Science class, not sure if that was part of the Business school or not. Also a Critical Path Method class, that was probably an Arch listed class.

Did pretty good at recalling them, except for the grad classes. That's as good as I can do without digging up my old transcript. I know there was 2-3 more grad classes, Econ 301 counted for the MBA work. Might be 1 or 2 more undergrad classes, think I got the class numbers right.

YEah, but she's been there 35 years and knows where the bodies are buried.

As a Construction Management major, we had to take several Business/Econ classes to graqduate, outside of the usual Engineering and Architecture classes. I enjoyed those classes so much I pretty much always took both when they gave us an either/or option. I graduated with 145 credits (needed 120 to graduate) since I took so many of thoseBA/Econ classes. I'll try to list them as well as I can recall them, and I then started my MBA there at WSU.

What triggered my post here was your comment about being so absolutely mentally done with school, which is exactly where I was after the year of grad school. I actually did finish up and get my MBA several years later doing night school and weekends while working full time. I actually felt like the work at City University was better than what was taught at WSU for grad school.

Going to test my memory here;
Econ 202 & 203 (?), the beginning classes
Econ 301, tough class, Edna Douglas taught it
BA 215 (?) Statistics, UGH
BA 210 Business Law, local attorney, I think
BA 305 & 405 Real Estate
BA 320 Risk and Insurance, Irving Field
BA 340 Organization
BA 350 & 450 Personnel, Mark Hammer, great prof
BA 360 Marketing, Chuck Lillis (one Friday he said he was going out that weekend to dangle a worm in a bass hole)
BA ??? Money and Banking, Weaver taught, was a rebel that wore jeans with his sport coat
BA 560 (?) Marketing, Rom Markin, not an enjoyable experience (he wrote the textbook)

Also had to take a beginning Computer Science class, not sure if that was part of the Business school or not. Also a Critical Path Method class, that was probably an Arch listed class.

Did pretty good at recalling them, except for the grad classes. That's as good as I can do without digging up my old transcript. I know there was 2-3 more grad classes, Econ 301 counted for the MBA work. Might be 1 or 2 more undergrad classes, think I got the class numbers right.
Geez you have about as many Business and Econ classes as me, and I have an Accounting Degree! I actually have my transcript here:
Econ 203, 301, 320, 340, 350
Ins 320
Acctg 230, 231, 330, 331, 335, 338, 433, 439
Stat 215 ( liked that one, had a guy named Cal Bierley)
B Law 210, 411
Mgt 301, 340, 491
Fin 325, 424, 425, 426, 429 (took Fin 424, 5, and 6, Acctg 335 and 331, and Mgt 340 in one Spring semester. And worked halftime and drank a lot. That was a rough semester.)
Mktg 360 (worthless)

Oh and Psych 365 - Problems with alcohol addiction my last semester, pass/fail. Passed it, but have failed it ever since.........

Geez you have about as many Business and Econ classes as me, and I have an Accounting Degree! I actually have my transcript here:
Econ 203, 301, 320, 340, 350
Ins 320
Acctg 230, 231, 330, 331, 335, 338, 433, 439
Stat 215 ( liked that one, had a guy named Cal Bierley)
B Law 210, 411
Mgt 301, 340, 491
Fin 325, 424, 425, 426, 429 (took Fin 424, 5, and 6, Acctg 335 and 331, and Mgt 340 in one Spring semester. And worked halftime and drank a lot. That was a rough semester.)
Mktg 360 (worthless)

Oh and Psych 365 - Problems with alcohol addiction my last semester, pass/fail. Passed it, but have failed it ever since.........

Well played, sir. Well played! That's all I have to say about that

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT