ADVERTISEMENT

NIL, the portal, and agents

roses04

Hall Of Fame
Oct 4, 2003
This is getting far more out of control than I even realized. I heard this from a reliable source in an athletic department that works at a power 5 university, and no WSU is not his employer. There is a Big 10 school that is paying agents just to get kids into the portal, and then if the kid gets an NIL deal the agent gets a percentage of the NIL deal. If one school is doing it I am sure others are as well.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
This is getting far more out of control than I even realized. I heard this from a reliable source in an athletic department that works at a power 5 university, and no WSU is not his employer. There is a Big 10 school that is paying agents just to get kids into the portal, and then if the kid gets an NIL deal the agent gets a percentage of the NIL deal. If one school is doing it I am sure others are as well.

No rules being enforced. No boundaries at all. Schools have collectives representing their brand. Who knows if they know what they’re doing. Tons of $$$ being thrown around. Agents show up. Im not surprised at all.

Schools and collectives are being fleeced.

As critical as I am of Dickfore, if he came out tomorrow and said WSU will no longer be involved with NIL… Im fine with it. Remove the circus from your program altogether. If kids don’t wanna come, find someone else. Coach who wants to be there. If they leave, good bye. Go get more kids.

Looks like Florida State is getting some heat for “tampering” and will be penalized which is amazing since just about every school seems to be playing that game. Hopefully it’s a sign the NCAA has some balls and integrity but I’m not holding my breath.

Last edited:
Looks like Florida State is getting some heat for “tampering” and will be penalized which is amazing since just about every school seems to be playing that game. Hopefully it’s a sign the NCAA has some balls and integrity but I’m not holding my breath.

I think that means they shouldn’t have bitched so much.

The FSU situation is probably good news. Why they specifically were made the example I don't know, but BSpike's comment may well be a part of it. Let's hope that this signals some adults becoming involved. I will not hold my breath, but this is the most encouraging thing I've seen since NIL started....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT