ADVERTISEMENT

De Laura

Disappointing, but he's not going to find another R&S school unless he can convince Saban to put him on scholarship, so he's going to have to learn a new offense regardless. Maybe CJD isn't his cup of tea either, with Rolo being a players coach and CJD being (I think... ?) more of a discipline coach?

Good luck to him, but I honestly think his best bet is to stay put. I don't think, its a fact; most kids who enter the portal don't end up in a better situation as far as exposure and/ or playing time.

Get used to it. The NFL has arrived on college campuses. Good news is we’ve got a coach who is going to run circles around a lot of these other dipshits when it comes to managing the complexities of todays CFB. We will be fine.

Disappointing, but he's not going to find another R&S school unless he can convince Saban to put him on scholarship, so he's going to have to learn a new offense regardless. Maybe CJD isn't his cup of tea either, with Rolo being a players coach and CJD being (I think... ?) more of a discipline coach?

Good luck to him, but I honestly think his best bet is to stay put. I don't think, its a fact; most kids who enter the portal don't end up in a better situation as far as exposure and/ or playing time.
Do the Texas A & M boosters have any cabbage left or did they blow their collective nuts on the incoming class. If you didn't see this coming...now might be a good time to pull your head out your ass.

I've felt this coming for a while now. Sad to see him go, but what can you do? I posted before that, for many kids who don't have NFL size/speed measurables, the NIL may their best opportunity to score $$ during their playing days.

JDL is 5'11 at best. Even if he lights the collegiate football world on fire, the statistical likelihood of him getting a legit NFL opportunity is slim. If you have the opportunity to cash in on an NIL deal worth tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, you have to take it.

We better land Cameron Ward otherwise this staff dropped the ball. Gabalis is not the answer. Air Raid needs a stud QB.

Rumblings were that Ward was going to announce this weekend, perhaps the early word got around the JDL early. Still not sure why he wouldn't want to compete unless, again, there were conversations behind closed doors that Ward was pretty much going to be the guy.

We better land Cameron Ward otherwise this staff dropped the ball. Gabalis is not the answer. Air Raid needs a stud QB.
There's still a pecking order in play in college football. WSU will lose some kids to higher profile schools, and we'll take some kids from smaller programs.

I'm not saying he is the answer but I'm just curious has Cooper actually committed anywhere else. I know he entered the portal after the Apple Cup.

I’d guess he already knows where he’s going and what kind of NIL deal he’s getting.

He won a rigged qb competition. The coaches that coddled him are gone. A new scheme has arrived. That coach may have his qb that lit that scheme on fire transfer in.

This is me being 50% less critical after his AC performance.

Just looked - there are 25 transfer qb's in the portal, most of them from P5 schools, who are uncommitted. Good luck to him.

From Scott on Twitter. We'll have to see what happens but potential implications seem clear.

------

Key moments in timeline

Dec. 8: Former UIW coach Eric Morris announced as WSU's new OC
Dec. 9: UIW QB Cameron Ward enters transfer portal
Dec. 31: WSU offers Cameron Ward
Jan. 4-5: Cameron Ward takes official visit to WSU
Jan. 7: Jayden de Laura enters transfer portal.

Well great. I’ve been wondering also about this. Post game interviews this year, JDL would many times finish saying how he loved Rolo. Maybe I missed it, but after Rolo was gone - I never saw JDL being interviewed Post game. And then not playing 2nd half of SunBowl??

I’m hating this new world. College football has turned more pro than NFL. No salary cap and no contracts more than day to day.

Well great. I’ve been wondering also about this. Post game interviews this year, JDL would many times finish saying how he loved Rolo. Maybe I missed it, but after Rolo was gone - I never saw JDL being interviewed Post game. And then not playing 2nd half of SunBowl??

I’m hating this new world. College football has turned more pro than NFL. No salary cap and no contracts more than day to day.
Yeah, we should totally be able to hold college kids hostage

I liked JDL a lot. I think he has what is needed to be special, I just don’t know that we would have ever saw it given the continuous coaching mess/Covid and offense changes. Everytime he looked special the next time out it was a head scratcher. Still wish he stayed and hope he finds the spot to be special at. If we don’t get Cameron Ward tho we are probably f*cked. We will end up with Kendon Slovis or some SC ex starter.

I’m done with the Jr NFL now. I’ll pay attention when I don’t have other stuff going on. Probably look in here once in a while as addictions are tough to break.

My new Griz season tickets are going to save me a fortune next year!

By the way, this isn’t a JDL thing. He’s just the straw that broke the camel’s back.

I think he should have waited, see how things shook out, redshirted if it didn't work out next year, and then enter the portal, next December, but what the hell do I know.

I am not done with NCAAF, but this whole portal, NIL thing has caused me to have less interest, I did commit money this year, not sure I will contribute as much next year. The NCAA as much as they were over bearing in the past, has now lost control in just a few years. Have to see how the dust settles on this, but if your better players are looking to go to the highest bidder, doesn't bid well for WSU. Like someone said, it's a pecking order, so we will have to "steal" from schools below us.

Last edited:
I've felt this coming for a while now. Sad to see him go, but what can you do? I posted before that, for many kids who don't have NFL size/speed measurables, the NIL may their best opportunity to score $$ during their playing days.

JDL is 5'11 at best. Even if he lights the collegiate football world on fire, the statistical likelihood of him getting a legit NFL opportunity is slim. If you have the opportunity to cash in on an NIL deal worth tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars, you have to take it.
Patrol...where do you think he is getting those dollars other than Hawaii? You believe this was about money?

I will say that I think the hand wringing is justified. We have ZERO P5 kids on the bench right now, and Ward is an unknown from a what...FCS school? Not that that diminishes his talent, but he's been throwing against FCS defenses. I'm hopeful, but not 100% sold. Either way, though, if we don't land Ward we're in a heap of shit at the QB1 position.

I’m done with the Jr NFL now. I’ll pay attention when I don’t have other stuff going on. Probably look in here once in a while as addictions are tough to break.

My new Griz season tickets are going to save me a fortune next year!

By the way, this isn’t a JDL thing. He’s just the straw that broke the camel’s back.
Good riddance

That Coug fans are insecure little bitches. And they still are, just look at how the losers are reacting to this news.
96...your little immature insults really don't suit you well. People that resort to these tactics, like Donald Trump have small dicks. But I digress.

How would you expect people to react ...jeez this sure is great? WE love it when kids beat the UW and bolt?

It is knee jerk reaction. I expected and called it back in I believe October. There were signs of it, including what happened in the Sun Bowl.

Patrol...where do you think he is getting those dollars other than Hawaii? You believe this was about money?
It's hard to say if it was strictly about money, but the allure of NIL money can't be dismissed. It's a brave new, unregulated world out there. Hell, Eastern Michigan...Yes, EASTERN MICHIGAN is offering $1M for one year.

EMU offering $1M for 1 season

96...your little immature insults really don't suit you well. People that resort to these tactics, like Donald Trump have small dicks. But I digress.

How would you expect people to react ...jeez this sure is great? WE love it when kids beat the UW and bolt?

It is knee jerk reaction. I expected and called it back in I believe October. There were signs of it, including what happened in the Sun Bowl.
Throwing a temper tantrum over something you have no control over is not mature, rationale behavior. It exposes you as weak and pathetic. I shouldn't be shocked that you cannot understand this.

To answer your other question on where he'd get that kind of money, I'm sure there will be some bidders. JDL would start immediately for Arizona, and they've been very aggressive this season. Oregon State doesn't appear to have deep pockets, but who knows? Would they offer $100K for him? JDL would fit in nicely down there. Utah looks set at QB, but I think their system would be a good fit too. How about Colorado? And the worst of the worst case scenarios, how badly does UW need a starting QB? They would have no problem finding a few hundred thousand if they thought he was the answer.

It's hard to say if it was strictly about money, but the allure of NIL money can't be dismissed. It's a brave new, unregulated world out there. Hell, Eastern Michigan...Yes, EASTERN MICHIGAN is offering $1M for one year.

EMU offering $1M for 1 season

And I caught hell on here for saying NIL was gonna change college football…..

EMU with $1,000,000 for 1 season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT