ADVERTISEMENT

De Laura

From Scott on Twitter. We'll have to see what happens but potential implications seem clear.

------

Key moments in timeline

Dec. 8: Former UIW coach Eric Morris announced as WSU's new OC
Dec. 9: UIW QB Cameron Ward enters transfer portal
Dec. 31: WSU offers Cameron Ward
Jan. 4-5: Cameron Ward takes official visit to WSU
Jan. 7: Jayden de Laura enters transfer portal.
You forgot to add the date Rolo was fired/quit.

96...your little immature insults really don't suit you well. People that resort to these tactics, like Donald Trump have small dicks. But I digress.

How would you expect people to react ...jeez this sure is great? WE love it when kids beat the UW and bolt?

It is knee jerk reaction. I expected and called it back in I believe October. There were signs of it, including what happened in the Sun Bowl.
Ignore him. He's just an "angry young man" without a lot of true football knowledge.

Reactions: SDCoug
Not surprised. Cameron Ward got offered last week. Visited last weekend. Maybe he didn’t want to compete or maybe he didn’t want play in Pullman anymore after the Rolovich situation. Help he lands on his feet somewhere.

Reactions: froropmkr72
He should have entered earlier. Oregon may have been a decent fit for him.
I'm sorry sir, I'm going to have to report this as "extremely delusional". j/k Ed. All I fun. I know you don't take yourself too seriously.

Throwing a temper tantrum over something you have no control over is not mature, rationale behavior. It exposes you as weak and pathetic. I shouldn't be shocked that you cannot understand this.
You know people give me sh!t when I say “too funny”. But it truly is posts like this that crack me up. And yes I am openly laughing at you. Would rather laugh with you.

You speak of mature and rational behavior and then throw insults(as weak as they are) and you claim to be a grown man/woman? Yes I see your point. Watching a kid we care about leave and be sad about it(and even those who have a tantrum) is not mature or adult like. But calling people Pussys and other names is .

Again… “too funny “

Last edited:
At least he gave us an Apple Cup. I’m finding it hard to be upset about college football anymore.
Same. When he tweeted “watch out for snakes in your grass” while Cameron Ward was on campus it was over then if not before. He atleast gave us two years of entertaining football. Goodluck kid

Reactions: TSKCoug
He won a rigged qb competition. The coaches that coddled him are gone. A new scheme has arrived. That coach may have his qb that lit that scheme on fire transfer in.

This is me being 50% less critical after his AC performance.
JDL didn't start in this year's opener.

Guarantano aka Guaranteed To Suck did.

I just saw a twitter post JDL wasn’t vaccinated and WSU is requiring all students be vaccinated.

Learn to read the room 96....what were you saying four days ago?
I believe it was something to the tune of "JDL isn't scared of losing his job to a guy from Incarnate Word. We are thin at QB, we have no backups. Offering Ward and JDL staying makes perfect sense"

Connecting the dots is not one of his strong suits.

Feels like we're officially headed back to the basement of the PAC again, with the door locked behind us, though this time in a far worse conference than 10 years ago. Leach is gone, Rolo's gone, JDL will be gone, Borghi's gone. Hard to get excited about what's on the horizon. Best short-term strategy has to be "hope the P12 is **even worse** between now and 2025"

Feels like we're officially headed back to the basement of the PAC again, with the door locked behind us, though this time in a far worse conference than 10 years ago. Leach is gone, Rolo's gone, JDL will be gone, Borghi's gone. Hard to get excited about what's on the horizon. Best short-term strategy has to be "hope the P12 is **even worse** between now and 2025"
Chip ….let me give you some perspective . 1994 may have been the highest rank recruiting class in Cougar history. Ryan Leaf was the qb in that class. But they had a best of the west og Ricky Austin who started the 95 season. They had a DT that was D Jones who was 6 5 295 and started as a redshirt freshman . Leon had to go off to jc that year. The 95 class was super small, I think 15 players in it. But one of the players was a linebacker who was mark fields fast. Phillip Glover. He clearly was a Pac 12 player.

Well WSU won three games in 95. 3/4 of that great 94 class either didn’t make it in (David Caldwell OT 6 5 295 ) or left the program.

Our starting guard Ricky Austin and our starting dt Jones didn’t like Pullman and transferred out. The linebacker glover transferred out.

Our starting QB chad Davis left and transferred. All these announcements came on a Wednesday in March. Many thought as you did…. The end was near. Two years later we are in the Rose Bowl.

Yes it would be nice to have delaura at wsu . But for some reason it wasn’t for him even tho he planted our flag on UW’s W

To answer your other question on where he'd get that kind of money, I'm sure there will be some bidders. JDL would start immediately for Arizona, and they've been very aggressive this season. Oregon State doesn't appear to have deep pockets, but who knows? Would they offer $100K for him? JDL would fit in nicely down there. Utah looks set at QB, but I think their system would be a good fit too. How about Colorado? And the worst of the worst case scenarios, how badly does UW need a starting QB? They would have no problem finding a few hundred thousand if they thought he was the answer.

Only have to cry about the future? Any predictions for the future?

As JDL said after Rolo got the boot, when you know he was hurting, “the program is much bigger than one person”, maybe we should keep that in mind

As JDL said after Rolo got the boot, when you know he was hurting, “the program is much bigger than one person”, maybe we should keep that in mind

WSU will have a full schedule of games in a Power 5 conference next year. If jdl doesn’t want the job, someone else will. They aren’t canceling the games. They will have a qb on the field.

Reactions: TrumpCoug
Bob Gregory gave "us" the Apple Cup.

Didn't update his game plan and started Huard.
No. The Cougs beat the crap out of the Dawgs up and down the field, in every facet of the game. Don’t diminish what our team did so you can get your digs in on DeLaura.

Reactions: earldacoug
No. The Cougs beat the crap out of the Dawgs up and down the field, in every facet of the game. Don’t diminish what our team did so you can get your digs in on DeLaura.
Actually like JDL.

And wish it was vs Lake instead of Gregory.

But Gregory was simply awful.

Walden's protégés are now 9-44 in the Pac12

Same. When he tweeted “watch out for snakes in your grass” while Cameron Ward was on campus it was over then if not before. He atleast gave us two years of entertaining football. Goodluck kid
Honestly, with the exception of Apple cup, I didn't find the offense to be much fun to watch this year. I think if anything they underachieved most of the season, and a big part of that was inconsistent play on the OL and at QB.

Well great. I’ve been wondering also about this. Post game interviews this year, JDL would many times finish saying how he loved Rolo. Maybe I missed it, but after Rolo was gone - I never saw JDL being interviewed Post game. And then not playing 2nd half of SunBowl??

I’m hating this new world. College football has turned more pro than NFL. No salary cap and no contracts more than day to day.

We've all lost our innocence...

Reactions: 79COUG
To answer your other question on where he'd get that kind of money, I'm sure there will be some bidders. JDL would start immediately for Arizona, and they've been very aggressive this season. Oregon State doesn't appear to have deep pockets, but who knows? Would they offer $100K for him? JDL would fit in nicely down there. Utah looks set at QB, but I think their system would be a good fit too. How about Colorado? And the worst of the worst case scenarios, how badly does UW need a starting QB? They would have no problem finding a few hundred thousand if they thought he was the answer.

UW has Penix and Yankoff and a Huard on deck.

Honestly, with the exception of Apple cup, I didn't find the offense to be much fun to watch this year. I think if anything they underachieved most of the season, and a big part of that was inconsistent play on the OL and at QB.
I agree overall. But imo was more on OL and coaches. JDL had the talent and balls to make plays but was rarely put in a good situation between shoddy development for two years and on field coaching. Our OC was bunk since Leach left. JDL on 2018/19 cougs would have been a total nightmare for opponents.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Chip ….let me give you some perspective . 1994 may have been the highest rank recruiting class in Cougar history. Ryan Leaf was the qb in that class. But they had a best of the west og Ricky Austin who started the 95 season. They had a DT that was D Jones who was 6 5 295 and started as a redshirt freshman . Leon had to go off to jc that year. The 95 class was super small, I think 15 players in it. But one of the players was a linebacker who was mark fields fast. Phillip Glover. He clearly was a Pac 12 player.

Well WSU won three games in 95. 3/4 of that great 94 class either didn’t make it in (David Caldwell OT 6 5 295 ) or left the program.

Our starting guard Ricky Austin and our starting dt Jones didn’t like Pullman and transferred out. The linebacker glover transferred out.

Our starting QB chad Davis left and transferred. All these announcements came on a Wednesday in March. Many thought as you did…. The end was near. Two years later we are in the Rose Bowl.

Yes it would be nice to have delaura at wsu . But for some reason it wasn’t for him even tho he planted our flag on UW’s W

Get the violins out... 😉

Why are people riding so hard for a mediocre head coach? Rolo was that, at best.

I agree overall. But imo was more on OL and coaches. JDL had the talent and balls to make plays but was rarely put in a good situation between shoddy development for two years and on field coaching. Our OC was bunk since Leach left. JDL on 2018/19 cougs would have been a total nightmare for opponents.
'19, sure. But I'd never trade Minshew for JDL.

Reactions: SDCoug
I would be shocked if WSU wasn't requiring the jabs.

Here’s the Covid/Vax thread right now. Dancing Footballs!

Reactions: Fab5Coug
I wouldn’t be surprised if JDL gets an NIL deal for a million. Looking at the players comments along with wishing him well, a few said something to the effect, “gotta take care of the family”. Potential competitors had nothing to do with it. In the end it’s all about money, welcome to the NIL world.

I think there is about a 85% chance Cam Ward goes to WSU now.

But if WSU doesn't get Cam Ward, There is probably about a 85% chance that WSU gets what would seem like a good Transfer Portal QB, and about a 59% to 67% chance that would do just fine.

And even if a Transfer Portal QB either is not gotten or doesn't pan out, might get Cooper, and about 43% chance he would work out, and even if didn't work out, Xavier Ward, Gabalis that might or might not work out.

I think there is about a 79% to 83% to 87% that something, some option will work out.

But that said, about 20% to 27% that it doesn't work out.

So because of that it's still possible that it not work out.

So we will just have to wait and see.

And even if 1st year no work out, the 2nd year, 3rd year might work out.

In any case I am not worried. I don't think Dickert will be as bad as Rolo was, and think he is better then Rolo, etc.

Maybe, he’s got a NIL deal lined up at a million a year for the next 3 years, provided he doesn’t suffer a major injury in the Sun Bowl. After the first half he doesn’t want to risk losing 3 million. If that’s the case, can’t find fault in that line of thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT