ADVERTISEMENT

Didn’t wanna do it Natty game thread.

How about a double forfeit as a result of rampant rule violations and use of banned substances?

This is what I am hoping for, both teams to lose. Michigan wins, then they get several wins vacated, due to the cheating scandal, so they are strip off the national championship. Harbaugh goes to the Raiders or Chargers in the middle the mess. Michigan hires Deboer, because the Huskies can afford 12 mil a year, because the Big 10 ****ed them and are only paying UW and Oregon a 1/2 share for 5 years

Penix better learn to pass when under pressure, or his career will be a short one.

Penix better learn to pass when under pressure, or his career will be a short one.
In every game where the defense pressured him, he was not good. In the NFL, that is going to happen a lot more than standing behind the uw offensive line the last two years.

Reactions: CougSinceBirth
Draft projections for him are pretty mixed, I’ve seen everything from middle of day 1 to early day 3. Most generous (and specific) said he goes to the Vikings in the 1st.
While I think he’d fit there, I think they’re another place where he’d need his legs to survive.

In every game where the defense pressured him, he was not good. In the NFL, that is going to happen a lot more than standing behind the uw offensive line the last two years.
Couple things. Tonight Michigan was doing most of their damage with a 4 man rush. I don’t care what level of QB you are if you’re playing a well coached talented defense and they are getting home quickly with 4, it’s gonna be a tough night. Yes sometimes that happens in the NFL too. I’m a broncos fan, the last good broncos team had one of the greatest defenses ever and did the same thing. Made Brady miserable in the AFCCG

As for Penix in general, I see a pretty talented QB with great awareness. Back to being a broncos fan I’d be delighted if he were there at 12 and Denver got him. In a Sean Payton offense I think he’d be brilliant.

That said I’m glad UW lost of course.

Couple things. Tonight Michigan was doing most of their damage with a 4 man rush. I don’t care what level of QB you are if you’re playing a well coached talented defense and they are getting home quickly with 4, it’s gonna be a tough night. Yes sometimes that happens in the NFL too. I’m a broncos fan, the last good broncos team had one of the greatest defenses ever and did the same thing. Made Brady miserable in the AFCCG

As for Penix in general, I see a pretty talented QB with great awareness. Back to being a broncos fan I’d be delighted if he were there at 12 and Denver got him. In a Sean Payton offense I think he’d be brilliant.

That said I’m glad UW lost of course.
Considering I don't like the Broncos, I would also be delighted if Denver takes him at 12.

Penalty point. Below the belt

Nope. Cam Ward just needs a good OL, a good coach, a good scheme, a good run game, good receivers, no wind, zero pass rush, no crowd noise, 72 degree weather, the mormon tabernacle choir singing his name and then…. then he will be the messiah of high value NFL guys!!!

Considering I don't like the Broncos, I would also be delighted if Denver takes him at 12.
Fair enough. I sure as hell wouldn’t want him behind their current OLine so rebuilding there is a part of it. I like him though and think he has a chance to be the best QB in this class.

Nope. Cam Ward just needs a good OL, a good coach, a good scheme, a good run game, good receivers, no wind, zero pass rush, no crowd noise, 72 degree weather, the mormon tabernacle choir singing his name and then…. then he will be the messiah of high value NFL guys!!!
Nope. He’d still have to read the coverage and make a decision. If you can remove those two things, he could be the best ever.

Fair enough. I sure as hell wouldn’t want him behind their current OLine so rebuilding there is a part of it. I like him though and think he has a chance to be the best QB in this class.
IMO He’s just too fragile for the NFL. His previous 4 seasons all ended in injuries and 95% of his success this year was elite receivers and staying upright.
The NCG was a microcosm of what he will see in the NFL Hurry him-Hit him-Pedestrian.

I think Penix is ultra talented and a great decisionmaking QB who can throw guys open. However, if you look at his pre-UW history, the guy is incredibly injury prone: prior to last night, he had 4 consecutive season-ending injuries. Last night he was barely upright in the 4th quarter. He's going to have several NFL games like that each season... how well will he hold up with 4 preseason, 17 regular and a few playoffs? We're talking 20 games/yr, year after year after year.

Michigan played its last 2 games hair on fire; any OL would have struggled. But they were getting real pressure and also the illusion of pressure by bringing a defender up to watch for the RB blocking, and rushing him if they saw it. They did the same thing to Alabama. Penix is 10x the QB Milroe is, but Alabama still went to OT despite piss-poor QB play... Alabama would have won with Penix handily IMO. There is still a haves/have-nots gap

Reactions: 425cougfan
IMO He’s just too fragile for the NFL. His previous 4 seasons all ended in injuries and 95% of his success this year was elite receivers and staying upright.
The NCG was a microcosm of what he will see in the NFL Hurry him-Hit him-Pedestrian.
That would be my biggest concern is keeping him healthy. That’s what makes him a gamble. Sure seems like he had something going on towards the end of the season, ribs maybe?

Reactions: kougkurt
I will say this, he has one of the strongest arms to come out in the draft in years. He does throw a very nice ball and at times he looks all world.

However, his completion percentage the first five games of the season was 74.9%. The next eight games, as the competition got tougher, it was 60.1%. That coincided with the number of pressures per game increasing from 6.6 per game to 10.7 per game.

With his arm, he does have a chance to have a long NFL career. I just don't see him leading a franchise to great heights.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT