Oct 4, 2003
If you look at the combine results among OL
40 4.96 3rd fastest
Bench 24 reps, his weakest showing 23rd
Vertical 29" 14th
Broad jump 118 inches #1
3 cone drill 7.44 3rd
20 yd shuttle 4.4 fastest time so far, a few more to go

Collectively those are some pretty impressive numbers. Looks like a first rounder.

40 4.96 3rd fastest
Vertical 29" 14th
Broad jump 118 inches #1
3 cone drill 7.44 3rd

Collectively those are some pretty impressive numbers. Looks like a first rounder.
Those are definitely 1st round draft selection numbers for his position. Potential 1st OT taken off the board type stats.

40 4.96 3rd fastest
Vertical 29" 14th
Broad jump 118 inches #1
3 cone drill 7.44 3rd

BUT LEACH HAS NEVER PRODUCED AN OFFENSIVE LINEMEN THAT WENT HIGHER THAN 3RD ROUND SO IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR DILLARD TO BE A 1ST ROUNDER BECAUSE....Ed said so..

Not to steal any thunder from Dre, but as good as he is....Abe Lucas is even better. Watch for Abe to be a top ten pick in a couple of years.

BUT LEACH HAS NEVER PRODUCED AN OFFENSIVE LINEMEN THAT WENT HIGHER THAN 3RD ROUND SO IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR DILLARD TO BE A 1ST ROUNDER BECAUSE....Ed said so..

Dillard never would have cracked Walden's "Six Pack" in 1984!

Not to steal any thunder from Dre, but as good as he is....Abe Lucas is even better. Watch for Abe to be a top ten pick in a couple of years.

I think Abe will be better. If Dillard breaks through in first round i agree Abe will be in top ten.

40 4.96 3rd fastest
Vertical 29" 14th
Broad jump 118 inches #1
3 cone drill 7.44 3rd

Plus he’s proven he can play. Top level film + workout warrior = safe pick. Back half of 1st I think.

Plus he’s proven he can play. Top level film + workout warrior = safe pick. Back half of 1st I think.
One would like to see more upper-body strength (24 reps on the bench at 225 pounds), but that appears to at least be honest strength, unlike the steriod-induced lifts back in the Walden and Erickson years. He'll gain considerable strength during his pro years.

Dillard never would have cracked Walden's "Six Pack" in 1984!

I doubt that . Walden was smart enough to recruit his dad Mitch and move him around from TE to DT to try and get him on the field. Apparently he was on the wrong dose of steroids.

Way too early to say this. Dillard was a dominate blocker for three plus years and one of the best lineman ever to play at WSU. He is going to be a first round pick.

There have been many players over the years for all teams that we thought would be great that turned out to be less. I think Abe is going to be a great player for WSU. But, first round picks are rare. Let us see what happens before we anoint him king.

I doubt that . Walden was smart enough to recruit his dad Mitch and move him around from TE to DT to try and get him on the field. Apparently he was on the wrong dose of steroids.

First, the sarcasm went right over your empty head.
Second, if you don't believe there was steroid use under Walden's watch, you're even dumber than you look.

First, the sarcasm went right over your empty head.
Second, if you don't believe there was steroid use under Walden's watch, you're even dumber than you look.

Actually the sarcasm didn’t get lost . What got lost was on you and how I dealt with it. As far as being dumb I acknowledged the steroid use. So why does that make me dumb. Or is the dumb one the person who can’t see the acknowledgement and also the return sarcasm . Hmmm

Last edited:

His dad was a walk-on

Actually the sarcasm didn’t get lost . What got lost was on you and how I dealt with it. As far as being dumb I acknowledged the steroid use. So why does that make me dumb. Or is the dumb one the person who can’t see the acknowledge and also the return sarcasm . Hmmm

Obsessing even more now, I see.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT