ADVERTISEMENT

Do recruiting rankings matter?

There were a lot of tough dude/thugs back then. You just needed to be smart enough to stay away from them after a few drinks.

Or hang out with football coaches and/or other bigger, stronger teammates. It was pretty simple.

But, yeah - those were some bad, bad boys.

Either make your accusations clear or stfu.
He was a bodyguard for a drug lord after he graduated . So to think he was anything close to a saint on campus would be misstatement . Not sure he ever did any jail time at WSU .

Last edited:
I knew him personally during my time at WSU, the things he did I won't air here , suffice it to say he was a thug of the worst kind.

Either make your accusations clear or stfu.

Hey guys, maybe this is one that should just stop here. Whatever he did or didn't do 35 years ago happened, well.....35 years ago. I for one had never heard of him. Before my time. Although the Don Collins clique was there when I was. FB and BB players. Those guys scared the crap out of me. Needless to say I went no where, ever, that FB and BB players were. Even walking through the CUB when they were gathered at noon made me walk faster.

And this whole thread itself is full of hate and venom and could use a burial.

Jim Walden was a blowhard washed up coach who had more losing seasons than winning ones, finished his final college coaching season winless, trashed Mike Price, stumped for the worst coach in program history Paul Wulff, and trashed Mike Leach as soon as he walked in the door. For almost 20 years WSU gave him a paycheck of which he didn’t deserve.

That’s his legacy. If you want to remember him otherwise you are just lying to yourself, but hey people do that all the time. If it makes you feel better to do that go ahead. Accepting the truth and reality can be hard for people.

To contrast another coach at WSU who achieved more, Mike Price. You don’t see him act like Walden because unlike Walden he was an actual winner, and not a bullsh*t salesman. His only comments on Mike Leach was you’ll love him and it’s a great fit.

And that’s the difference between a great coach that wants success for the program, and one that is a egocentric bullsh*tter curse like Jim Walden on the program.

Will Leach reach the heights that Price achieved? Well Price go to the Rose bowl in year 9 so there is still time, but it’s clear Leach is consistently building a solid program and that is a good thing for WSU.

Jim Walden was the donkey’s anus of coaches and Paul Wulff was his final sh*t.

And I for one am quite happy that Pullman is free of both of their stench.

These are the moments that Jim Walden didn't want for WSU.

Keep an eye out for a RB catching a TD from a class that "was a total disaster"

And make no mistake. There is only this program, this school, that matters and any coach who tries to undermine it in anyway is a piece of sh*t and will be remembered as a piece of sh*t for trying to do such a thing.

These are the moments that Jim Walden didn't want for WSU.

Keep an eye out for a RB catching a TD from a class that "was a total disaster"

And make no mistake. There is only this program, this school, that matters and any coach who tries to undermine it in anyway is a piece of sh*t and will be remembered as a piece of sh*t for trying to do such a thing.

I gotta ask and I'm serious.........are you off your meds? WTF was the last two posts about? Are you drunk or insane? You've spent a week arguing that Walden was lying about getting games to Pullman. I give you hard evidence that you were wrong and you had the decency to STFU for a moment. Now, you post a bunch of videos and horsesh!t in the middle of the night and think that all the sudden you weren't totally f'ing wrong?

Seriously, your ramblings here make you look like either a fool, an a$$hole, stark raving mad or all of the above. You'd be best served by letting this thread end and moving on to bitching about something else.

You've spent a week arguing that Walden was lying about getting games to Pullman.

1970 Rogers Field Fire - playing home games at Joe Albi
1972 Martin Stadium Built
1974 North grandstand demolished
1975 Renovated
1978 Walden Hired
1979 Track removed / October UCLA game.

Walden had nothing to do with it. The stadium was completely being redone long before Walden.

The games were going to be coming to Pullman no matter what. The problem was we didn’t have a completed stadium after the 1970 fire.

Once that was over games started to come to Pullman that was always the plan.

Walden was just the coach.

Wrong.

Then again, most 4 year olds are unaware of the world around them beside their food and shelter providers.

1970 Rogers Field Fire - playing home games at Joe Albi
1972 Martin Stadium Built
1974 North grandstand demolished
1975 Renovated
1978 Walden Hired
1979 Track removed / October UCLA game.

Walden had nothing to do with it. The stadium was completely being redone long before Walden.

The games were going to be coming to Pullman no matter what. The problem was we didn’t have a completed stadium after the 1970 fire.

Once that was over games started to come to Pullman that was always the plan.

Walden was just the coach.

Did you even read the newspaper article that I posted from 1978? Are you capable of reading? Are you just too dumb to comprehend what you read? Are you insane? I'm not sure which of the above applies here, but Sam Jankovich, WSU AD at the time, was quoted as saying that the proposed lowering of the track was not going to change their plans to play 2-3 games per year in Spokane with 3 games per year in Pullman. I guess you're pulling a Trump and insisting that the Spokesman was posting "fake news" 40 years before it was fashionable?

FWIW, I agree with you that Walden had absolutely no impact on the expansion of the stadium. That was planned before he was coach and they announced the planned expansion in the summer of 1977. Still, the AD said that the expansion wasn't going to take games out of Spokane. So again, either he's a liar or you are either a fool, insane, stupid or all three combined in one hate filled package of Anti-Waldenness. You keep saying that people are blinded by their love of Walden. What you don't realize is that you are so blinded by your hate of Walden that you can't even really comprehend what others are saying and you are incapable of seeing/hearing the truth when it is presented to you plainly.

Did you even read the newspaper article that I posted from 1978? Are you capable of reading? Are you just too dumb to comprehend what you read? Are you insane? I'm not sure which of the above applies here, but Sam Jankovich, WSU AD at the time, was quoted as saying that the proposed lowering of the track was not going to change their plans to play 2-3 games per year in Spokane with 3 games per year in Pullman. I guess you're pulling a Trump and insisting that the Spokesman was posting "fake news" 40 years before it was fashionable?

FWIW, I agree with you that Walden had absolutely no impact on the expansion of the stadium. That was planned before he was coach and they announced the planned expansion in the summer of 1977. Still, the AD said that the expansion wasn't going to take games out of Spokane. So again, either he's a liar or you are either a fool, insane, stupid or all three combined in one hate filled package of Anti-Waldenness. You keep saying that people are blinded by their love of Walden. What you don't realize is that you are so blinded by your hate of Walden that you can't even really comprehend what others are saying and you are incapable of seeing/hearing the truth when it is presented to you plainly.

Jancovich was the one who orchestrated the master plan to Pullman Flat. It wasn’t Walden.

Go read... from WSU itself.

http://wsm.wsu.edu/s/index.php?id=153

“In 1978, Sam Jankovich knew something had to be done about the football stadium.

With just 27,600 seats, Martin Stadium was much smaller than its counterparts in the Pacific-10 Conference. Because of a Pac-10 rule requiring guarantees of $25,000 to visiting teams, the Cougars had to truck up to Spokane to play certain opponents, namely USC, UCLA, and Washington, at the larger Joe Albi Stadium.

"If you could not bring in USC, UCLA, and Washington to Pullman, you could not bring the biggest attractions to where you get the biggest crowds," said WSU's former athletic director this spring when he stopped by Bohler Athletic Complex for a visit and the opportunity to mull over the latest stadium renovation.

Back in the late '70s, Jankovich reasoned that with their games in Pullman, the Cougars could be much more competitive.

The solution in his eyes was simple—expand the stadium to a capacity larger than Joe Albi's. It would address the issues of competitiveness and revenue and potentially avoid the problem of WSU losing a place in the Pac-10 if it didn't keep up with rest of the group.

"If you're not competitive, then you are not going to raise money, and you are not going to sell tickets," said Jankovich. "That, in turn, would affect the conference affiliation."

So he decided to push to expand the stadium. "I felt we had no other choice," he said.

And all these years people thought It was Walden when really it was Jancovich’s vision.

Just like Bill Moos having a vision for WSU with the cougar football project. Jancovich knew that to compete Martin stadium was the key, and so he set out with his project BEFORE Walden showed up.

When he left for Miami Walden just took all the credit but the plan was already set in motion before Walden even walked on campus.

Jancovich was the guy who also made Miami Football.

Just like Moos going to Nebraska when WSU has a great AD people will want him.

Walden was nothing more than the bullsh*tter, but he didn’t “save WSU football” it was Jancovich who orchestrated that whole transition.

And all these years people thought It was Walden when really it was Jancovich’s vision.

Just like Bill Moos having a vision for WSU with the cougar football project. Jancovich knew that to compete Martin stadium was the key, and so he set out with his project BEFORE Walden showed up.

When he left for Miami Walden just took all the credit but the plan was already set in motion before Walden even walked on campus.

Walden was nothing more than the bullsh*tter, but he didn’t “save WSU football” it was Jancovich who orchestrated that whole transition.

So an article in 1993......15 years after the fact........is more accurate than the newspaper article that was written at the time? I don't have any doubt that Jankovich was instrumental in the decision to move games to Pullman when the time actually came, but it's pretty damned obvious that it wasn't "THE PLAN" when the decision to expand the stadium was made in 1977. I don't blame Jankovich for trying to retcon the decision to expand the stadium when getting interviewed in 1993, but his quote in 1978 says that he was still stuck with games in Spokane at that time. Not saying it was his choice, but he wasn't fighting for it publicly at the time.

So an article in 1993......15 years after the fact........is more accurate than the newspaper article that was written at the time? I don't have any doubt that Jankovich was instrumental in the decision to move games to Pullman when the time actually came, but it's pretty damned obvious that it wasn't "THE PLAN" when the decision to expand the stadium was made in 1977. I don't blame Jankovich for trying to retcon the decision to expand the stadium when getting interviewed in 1993, but his quote in 1978 says that he was still stuck with games in Spokane at that time. Not saying it was his choice, but he wasn't fighting for it publicly at the time.

Geezus Flat, please stop.

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

Mark Twain

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

Plato

There are two kinds of fools: those who can't change their opinions and those who won't.

Josh Billings

Reactions: BiggsCoug

Tron you crack me up. First, all the nice videos you showed ... none of them would be against Pac 10 opponents . They would be against Wyoming, Colo State. With the upheaval in coaching , the poor economic position we were in if Walden doesn’t okay for the rose bowl in his 4th season we likely would have been booted out of the pac 10 along with OSU.

Second if everyone was guaranteed the same dollars tell me why usc or us wouldn’t have to come to Pullman in the 50’s 60’s or 70’s .Talk to Jankovich... he will tell you how insistent Walden was about those home games even at the expense of the Spokane crowd. No one ever said Walden came up with the brain child of playing home games in Pullman. Just like no one ever says leach is the brain child behind the indoor practice facility . But if it ever gets built and he stays he will definitely play a large role in making it happen.

And how is it Walden never wanted WSU to have success . When no one else did he stepped up. Do you ever see leach now or in the future donating 3 mill to WSU? How much money has leach given to the school?

And tell me who hired Wulff? And what was or is the riff between price and Walden?

Geezus Flat, please stop.

“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

Mark Twain

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.

Plato

There are two kinds of fools: those who can't change their opinions and those who won't.

Josh Billings

Flat... speak the truth til you cant physically type any longer .

He said if in 1978 because he didn’t want to upset the people until it was completed.

Consider it the “vote of confidence” for Spokane. He knew what he was doing and the plan was already in place...

“Oh yeah this won’t effect the Spokane games at all” (keep digging boys we are going to ditch that joint)

“Oh yeah I have full confidence in Wulff” (get me on the next flight to key west so I can get a real coach)

He said if in 1978 because he didn’t want to upset the people until it was completed.

Consider it the “vote of confidence” for Spokane. He knew what he was doing and the plan was already in place...

“Oh yeah this won’t effect the Spokane games at all” (keep digging boys we are going to ditch that joint)

“Oh yeah I have full confidence in Wulff” (get me on the next flight to key west so I can get a real coach)

My god......you are delusional. I'll give you credit, you don't mind just making sh!t up on the fly and ignoring the truth. My suggestion is that you give Mr. Trump a phone call, he's probably due for another press secretary before too long.

My god......you are delusional. I'll give you credit, you don't mind just making sh!t up on the fly and ignoring the truth. My suggestion is that you give Mr. Trump a phone call, he's probably due for another press secretary before too long.

Delusional? I showed you the history of Martin stadium’s expansion, I showed you the AD himself telling the master plan to out expand Albi to bring the revenue games to Pullman and kill two birds with one stone. I showed you that the process began BEFORE Walden was hired.

The problem is with the fact that you refuse to accept the facts.

Fact - plans for Martin Stadium to expand began before Walden was hired.
Fact - Jankovich was the one who envisioned and executed the out expand Albi to bring the revenue games to Pullman
Fact - Walden had more losing seasons than winning ones, finished with career winning about a third of his games, and his last season winless
Fact - he trashed Mike Price, Mike Leach, lobbied for Wulff and threw a tantrum when he the worst coach in school history was fired.

All of those are facts. I’m no Trump. I’m the Unapologetic truth.

Whether you can handle it or not is your problem not mine.

Delusional? I showed you the history of Martin stadium’s expansion, I showed you the AD himself telling the master plan to out expand Albi to bring the revenue games to Pullman and kill two birds with one stone. I showed you that the process began BEFORE Walden was hired.

The problem is with the fact that you refuse to accept the facts.

Fact - plans for Martin Stadium to expand began before Walden was hired.
Fact - Jankovich was the one who envisioned and executed the out expand Albi to bring the revenue games to Pullman
Fact - Walden had more losing seasons than winning ones, finished with career winning about a third of his games, and his last season winless
Fact - he trashed Mike Price, Mike Leach, lobbied for Wulff and threw a tantrum when he the worst coach in school history was fired.

All of those are facts. I’m no Trump. I’m the Unapologetic truth.

Whether you can handle it or not is your problem not mine.

Tron ... there are things you comprehend . When was the stadium finished ?

USC didn’t want to come to Pullman and didn’t until 86. They could have come in 76. They could have come in 74. They could have come to any of thise years . They wanted WSU OUT of the conference cause the economic hardship on the conference , they saw we brought zip to the table and save the one tine we were in the polls in 1971....and they hated the idea of air to Spokane then a 90 minute bus ride to Pullman.

UCLA tripped to Pullman in 80 and we beat them . It was two years later finally came to Pullman because Walden insisted on it. Walden and Sam weren’t just fighting the pac 10, they were fighting the resistance of their largest population in Spokane .

The 1987 Apple Cup wasn’t televised live because Lude wouldn’t let it be. You know why ? Cause of what happened on 82-85. James didn’t want the 86 Apple Cup live because it would have a late start .

No one said Walden did what an AD does is build the stadium . What he did was insist on those game come to Pullman . Our stadium was ready for usc in 78. They refused to come . He fought it . And having stability and a voice and playing for a rose bowl in 81 went a long way of pushing the pac 10!and cementing WSU’s future in the conference .

As to stumping for Wulff. Big deal. Leach would to. What you don’t get is what you take as a negative comes from his passion for the school and the kids. Yeah he didn’t like the way leach treated the recruits . You know why? Cause he saw the hangover from what it was like seeing Sweeney’s kids, Sherrill’s kids and powers kids. Yeah, probably misguided in his behalf, but it came from caring .

And talk about expansion plans all you want.. the heavy weights wanted WSU out of the conference . Winning and stabilizing the program in 81 changed all of that .

Tron ... there are things you comprehend . When was the stadium finished ?

USC didn’t want to come to Pullman and didn’t until 86. They could have come in 76. They could have come in 74. They could have come to any of thise years . They wanted WSU OUT of the conference cause the economic hardship on the conference , they saw we brought zip to the table and save the one tine we were in the polls in 1971....and they hated the idea of air to Spokane then a 90 minute bus ride to Pullman.

UCLA tripped to Pullman in 80 and we beat them . It was two years later finally came to Pullman because Walden insisted on it. Walden and Sam weren’t just fighting the pac 10, they were fighting the resistance of their largest population in Spokane .

The 1987 Apple Cup wasn’t televised live because Lude wouldn’t let it be. You know why ? Cause of what happened on 82-85. James didn’t want the 86 Apple Cup live because it would have a late start .

No one said Walden did what an AD does is build the stadium . What he did was insist on those game come to Pullman . Our stadium was ready for usc in 78. They refused to come . He fought it . And having stability and a voice and playing for a rose bowl in 81 went a long way of pushing the pac 10!and cementing WSU’s future in the conference .

As to stumping for Wulff. Big deal. Leach would to. What you don’t get is what you take as a negative comes from his passion for the school and the kids. Yeah he didn’t like the way leach treated the recruits . You know why? Cause he saw the hangover from what it was like seeing Sweeney’s kids, Sherrill’s kids and powers kids. Yeah, probably misguided in his behalf, but it came from caring .

And talk about expansion plans all you want.. the heavy weights wanted WSU out of the conference . Winning and stabilizing the program in 81 changed all of that .

Ed as I stated WSU was 6-5 and was ranked BEFORE Walden set foot on campus. Including beating Nebraska and #14 Cal.

So not only did we beat nationally ranked teams before Walden but we also had a winning record.

So this “Walden changed ______” is nothing more than typical Walden Bullsh*t

Janovich is the one who insisted Ed. Jeezus. All Walden did was yap what Jancovich was trying to do.

They were going to come to Pullman because Janovich our built Albi so there was no excuse Ed. He knew what he was doing. It is nothing unique to Walden.

Janovich is the AD Janovich executes plan to bring teams to Pullman.

insert WSU coach. Doesn’t have to be Walden it just happened to be Walden.

WSU coach: we should play in Pullman.

You give Walden credit for crap he didn’t even do.

And to “Stumping for Wulff”. Yeah it is a big deal when we could have got other options instead of Wulff and we needed to get rid of him because he was a LOSER and Walden was in back channels and in the media acting like an a.ss trying to undermine Moos.

That’s why Moos sent him a f you you’re fired letter instead of calling him.

Moos is a hero. He’s my favorite AD of all time. He got us a stadium the Football ops building and Leach and he booted the sh*t stain that is Walden and his stenchy turd protege Wulff.

Hero. WSU H E R O. Bill Moos

Walden didn’t deserve a phone call or an email. He basically tried to screw the program from moving forward and then when Leach was hired he threw a tantrum.

No. F.UCK WALDEN.

He didn’t do anything but win a few Apple cups, said some dumb bullsh*tter snake oil salesman crap and then go run off to Iowa State where he ended his career winless.

He was the Tyrone Willingham of Iowa State and when they ran him out of there he ran back to Pullman to ride the coat tails of Mike Price in the radio booth.

But then he trashed Mike Price just 7 years later stumping for Wulff. He is a disease and he infected WSU with his crappy protege Wulff.

We could have had James Franklin but noooo Wulff Wulff Wulff. “We don’t have to pay him much he said, he’s a coug he said”

When James Franklin’s wife is a WSU grad and would have brought James to pullman in a heartbeat had we offered, but nooo Wulff Wulff Wulff.

Then the stink and excuses set in, the program craters and in true “bullsh*tter” snake oil salesman form Wulff was some sort of “savior who saved us from Doba” yet somehow he only produced win totals that never matched Doba and were the worst in history.

JESUS WHEN WILL YOU ALL STOP FALLING FOR THE WALDEN HORSESH*T

Thank god Moos ran those jackasses out. I wouldn’t have sent him a letter. I would have sent him a copy of his .386 win percentage accomplishments rolled up in a pile of bullsh*t with a note that says your kind isn’t welcome in Pullman anymore.

Ed as I stated WSU was 6-5 and was ranked BEFORE Walden set foot on campus. Including beating Nebraska and #14 Cal.

So not only did we beat nationally ranked teams before Walden but we also had a winning record.

So this “Walden changed ______” is nothing more than typical Walden Bullsh*t

Janovich is the one who insisted Ed. Jeezus. All Walden did was yap what Jancovich was trying to do.

They were going to come to Pullman because Janovich our built Albi so there was no excuse Ed. He knew what he was doing. It is nothing unique to Walden.

Janovich is the AD Janovich executes plan to bring teams to Pullman.

insert WSU coach. Doesn’t have to be Walden it just happened to be Walden.

WSU coach: we should play in Pullman.

You give Walden credit for crap he didn’t even do.

And to “Stumping for Wulff”. Yeah it is a big deal when we could have got other options instead of Wulff and we needed to get rid of him because he was a LOSER and Walden was in back channels and in the media acting like an a.ss trying to undermine Moos.

That’s why Moos sent him a f you you’re fired letter instead of calling him.

Moos is a hero. He’s my favorite AD of all time. He got us a stadium the Football ops building and Leach and he booted the sh*t stain that is Walden and his stenchy turd protege Wulff.

Hero. WSU H E R O. Bill Moos

Walden didn’t deserve a phone call or an email. He basically tried to screw the program from moving forward and then when Leach was hired he threw a tantrum.

No. F.UCK WALDEN.

He didn’t do anything but win a few Apple cups, said some dumb bullsh*tter snake oil salesman crap and then go run off to Iowa State where he ended his career winless.

He was the Tyrone Willingham of Iowa State and when they ran him out of there he ran back to Pullman to ride the coat tails of Mike Price in the radio booth.

But then he trashed Mike Price just 7 years later stumping for Wulff. He is a disease and he infected WSU with his crappy protege Wulff.

We could have had James Franklin but noooo Wulff Wulff Wulff. “We don’t have to pay him much he said, he’s a coug he said”

When James Franklin’s wife is a WSU grad and would have brought James to pullman in a heartbeat had we offered, but nooo Wulff Wulff Wulff.

Then the stink and excuses set in, the program craters and in true “bullsh*tter” snake oil salesman form Wulff was some sort of “savior who saved us from Doba” yet somehow he only produced win totals that never matched Doba and were the worst in history.

JESUS WHEN WILL YOU ALL STOP FALLING FOR THE WALDEN HORSESH*T

Thank god Moos ran those jackasses out. I wouldn’t have sent him a letter. I would have sent him a copy of his .386 win percentage accomplishments rolled up in a pile of bullsh*t with a note that says your kind isn’t welcome in Pullman anymore.
Yes thanks for pointing out a 6-5 team that lost everyone and was on their fourth coach in four years which is a huge disruption in recruiting and had the most players drafted the year before he got the head coaching gig. I understand that they should have easily replaced Ken Greene and don schwarts, something even leach struggled to do his first years on campus and explains Lee you why we won 3 games and played a rb at ss after being converted two weeks earlier.

I love the fact you have zero idea past what you read has no context. This all happened before you and your live interst the keyboard were ever born . Kinda like trump telling McCain his hero’s are the ones who don’t get captured, or having Kerry testifying in real tine what was happening in Vietnam and yet congress was telling him his info was bogus.

Walden insisted on the games being played in Pullman. Usc could have always played there. Oregon was paid any less than usc . Usc chose not to come . Same with uw and same with UCLA . It wasn’t just a matter of stadium size it was a matter of what the big boys wanted . And it was also a matter of what Spokane wanted. Walden raised against both.

If Lou pinella doesn’t go on the run in 95, Seattle doesn’t have baseball. It is that simple . That is how important he is. Same with Walden in 81. Read all you want . Talk to all the “actors” back then . Heck, mike leach says a indoor facility is a must. We were lucky if the department had enough money for a gallon of paint.

Blame Walden for being an advocate all you want . He was not a decision maker . The three power brokers were sterk Floyd and moos. And the coach who SHOULD have been hired to fix Dobas mess was price . None of the three made that call .

Ed.........let it go.......as Loyal pointed out above, if you keep arguing with a fool, you become the fool. Don't do it.

No chance of that you guys have been holding on to the d*ck of a .386 win% coach with your mouths for 40 years.

Ed.........let it go.......as Loyal pointed out above, if you keep arguing with a fool, you become the fool. Don't do it.

Not saying Ed-Flat-Loyal — CougZone's own Holy Triumvirate — is right or wrong on this issue, but they have more than 28,000 posts on this very message board.

That ought to count for something.

At the same time, though, Tron and his Army of Supporters bring a lot of statistical information (assuming it's accurate) with their contributions.

The Coach Jim Walden debate may still have several rounds to go.

Not saying Ed-Flat-Loyal — CougZone's own Holy Triumvirate — is right or wrong on this issue, but they have more than 28,000 posts on this very message board.

At the same time, though, Tron and his Army of Supporters bring a lot of statistical information (assuming it's accurate) with their contributions.

My stats are accurate. I bring actually facts, while they delve in "memories and emotions" honestly the material just writes it self with these clowns.

"The 9-40 .184 coach 'wasn't that bad'"
"The .386 coach who ended his career with a winless season is a 'good coach' and we should listen to what he has to say"

Seriously take that to any board in the SEC and see what happens to you. Which kind of highlights why WSU has struggled so much. When your "idols" are losers... you will have a culture of being a loser.

And these clowns enjoy being losers. They actually enjoy it, because no person who is a fan of the program and school and wants it to have success would allow a .386 or a .184 coach be the standard or goal or advisor. They cling to it like stench on sh*t. And then throw a fit that you point out that they stink.

Last edited:

Pete stats mean crap in this convo. Imagine losing your head coach every year. Imagine playing home games 90 minutes away. Imagine practicing on indoor outdoor carpet every day because your practice facility is shared with the intramural department . Imagine the resistance from your largest population area to move games to your home stadium . Imagine paying less for your assistants than Wyoming . Imagine selling home games to make money. Imagine leach going in to Knoxville and Columbus in one season instead of playing three winnable games this year. You think they would be above 500 this year if that was the schedule ? Imagine your facility upgrade is going to the local paint store and buying paint and having the assistant coaches pain THEIR own offices . It goes way beyond the win loss record. Where as Tron wasn’t even born yet, I and others speaking on the issue were there .

Does Walden’s mouth get him in trouble? Yep, always has. When he left it was time to go, but it will never diminish what he did .

Accuracy means nothing to Tron. He already said that it's obvious that Jankovich wasn't telling the truth in 1978. When you are willing to twist everything to your viewpoint and disregard anything that doesn't meet that viewpoint.......you'll never lose an argument in your own mind. It's important for me (and others) to realize that Tron is a trailer park Donald Trump who doesn't care about truth as long as he wins. He'll be right some of the time.....but he'll be an asshole 100% of the time.

Pete stats mean crap in this convo. Imagine losing your head coach every year. Imagine playing home games 90 minutes away. Imagine practicing on indoor outdoor carpet every day because your practice facility is shared with the intramural department . Imagine the resistance from your largest population area to move games to your home stadium . Imagine paying less for your assistants than Wyoming . Imagine selling home games to make money. Imagine leach going in to Knoxville and Columbus in one season instead of playing three winnable games this year. You think they would be above 500 this year if that was the schedule ? Imagine your facility upgrade is going to the local paint store and buying paint and having the assistant coaches pain THEIR own offices . It goes way beyond the win loss record. Where as Tron wasn’t even born yet, I and others speaking on the issue were there .

Does Walden’s mouth get him in trouble? Yep, always has. When he left it was time to go, but it will never diminish what he did .

What’s truly funny/sad is that a few of my buddies and I actually offered to come over in the summer, buy the supplies out of our own pockets and spend a couple of weeks doing some of that painting and the like on our own dime. Some of the ones making the offer were well versed in these sorts of things, professionally. Others of us were fully capable ourselves, and more than willing to sign any liability waivers, etc.

We were flatly turned down. Mostly because of “stepping on the toes” of existing facilities employees. Maybe even actual contractual conflicts, Union-wise? It’s so long ago that I don’t remember all the details.

It just seemed odd at the time because I think I remember some of the Martin stadium refurbishments being done with donated time/equipment from locals?

But, as I say, it was a long time ago and I mostly just remember the sincere offer made to the AD, along with the curt refusal.

Accuracy means nothing to Tron. He already said that it's obvious that Jankovich wasn't telling the truth in 1978. When you are willing to twist everything to your viewpoint and disregard anything that doesn't meet that viewpoint.......you'll never lose an argument in your own mind. It's important for me (and others) to realize that Tron is a trailer park Donald Trump who doesn't care about truth as long as he wins. He'll be right some of the time.....but he'll be an asshole 100% of the time.

ADs will lie to the press Flat. What is he going to say “yes I am building up Martin to outexpand Albi so we can take those revenue games away from Albi and bring them to Pullman” while trying to get donors from Spokane?

What would an AD say if he was planning on taking the games away from the largest population nearby with donors?

I am right most of the time (not always but I back up my arguments with facts and am more often than not am in fact vindicated as we have seen many times before)

As to my “Asshole 100% of the time” label that is most certainly not the case, and is purely a response to stubborn stupidity.

You see when you are dealing with people with no actual rational thoughts that cling to old (and unfounded) beliefs sets you do your best to try and show them in a nice way that they are missing some actual facts and their formed ideas are factually incorrect.

Now when they refuse to accept the information you provide...repeatedly...and continue to spout nonsense that is not actually valid over and over again. Then you get get 100% asshole.

Much like a frustrated physics professor trying to show a class of flat earthers the world is actually round through education... and they refuse to accept it...over...and over....and over... eventually you get out the
Do you know who Eratosthenes is you f*cking idiots? No? Well what a surprise!

I deal exclusively in facts. I don’t deal in bullsh*t that’s for Walden and his lovers

Yes thanks for pointing out a 6-5 team that lost everyone and was on their fourth coach in four years which is a huge disruption in recruiting and had the most players drafted the year before he got the head coaching gig. I understand that they should have easily replaced Ken Greene and don schwarts, something even leach struggled to do his first years on campus and explains Lee you why we won 3 games and played a rb at ss after being converted two weeks earlier.

I love the fact you have zero idea past what you read has no context. This all happened before you and your live interst the keyboard were ever born . Kinda like trump telling McCain his hero’s are the ones who don’t get captured, or having Kerry testifying in real tine what was happening in Vietnam and yet congress was telling him his info was bogus.

Walden insisted on the games being played in Pullman. Usc could have always played there. Oregon was paid any less than usc . Usc chose not to come . Same with uw and same with UCLA . It wasn’t just a matter of stadium size it was a matter of what the big boys wanted . And it was also a matter of what Spokane wanted. Walden raised against both.

If Lou pinella doesn’t go on the run in 95, Seattle doesn’t have baseball. It is that simple . That is how important he is. Same with Walden in 81. Read all you want . Talk to all the “actors” back then . Heck, mike leach says a indoor facility is a must. We were lucky if the department had enough money for a gallon of paint.

Blame Walden for being an advocate all you want . He was not a decision maker . The three power brokers were sterk Floyd and moos. And the coach who SHOULD have been hired to fix Dobas mess was price . None of the three made that call .
if my memory serves me Walden wanted games in Pullman, SC refused Dick Young then stated that if they did not come to Pullman we would not go to LA. the conference then stepped in and told SC to suck it up and go to Pullman

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT