ADVERTISEMENT

Does Leach have the guts to gut entire D staff?

ShockandAweWSU

Head Coach
Feb 20, 2018
Obviously the O was a disaster in the Apple Cup too, but let's focus on the D. I hope he does. Especially Mcbath and Shaver. The secondary was a train wreck all year. Mcbath is a wannabe Lake...cept he doesnt understand talent and technique. Phelps is solid and Roc seems like a solid recruiter, but this seems like the time to hire a solid DC and let him bring guys in he trusts and works well with. Id clean house on the strength staff too.

Reactions: BiggsCoug
Defense, special teams, strength staff all need to go.

One aspect of bad tackling??? Weak kids.

Show me the guys on this team that look jacked up. Look at some of these SEC teams. Their kids are monsters.

WSU does not have such a wealthy collection of talent that they can show up weak, small, slow, out of shape and poorly coached.... and still win.

Yep. Poor tackling has lots to do with lack of size and toughness. CB play has lots to do with Mcbaths coaching. Strong got worse this year. Way too many PIs and guys still dont turn around and locate the ball.

When you have a HC whose promise to you is that he's going to take care of one side of the ball, you need to factor that in when you budget for his support staff. Leach with "any jackoff" at DC is not a recipe for success. He is basically promising to come in and coach one side of the ball.

Reactions: random soul
I think that leach will lose some coaches. I see Phelps leaving for greener pastures soon. Leach will not fire his buddies and only if leach leaves will you see a huge turnover.

Obviously the O was a disaster in the Apple Cup too, but let's focus on the D. I hope he does. Especially Mcbath and Shaver. The secondary was a train wreck all year. Mcbath is a wannabe Lake...cept he doesnt understand talent and technique. Phelps is solid and Roc seems like a solid recruiter, but this seems like the time to hire a solid DC and let him bring guys in he trusts and works well with. Id clean house on the strength staff too.

McBath might survive. He’s at least pulling some guys on the recruiting trail. I have no idea what Shaver does.

I think that leach will lose some coaches. I see Phelps leaving for greener pastures soon. Leach will not fire his buddies and only if leach leaves will you see a huge turnover.

He’d never fire someone like Russell who he’d coached with for years....

Uh, wait.

11-2 last year and i read this shit.

No clue... look above from El Clueless
I'm beginning to think that some people are actually dense enough to expect teams/programs to win more games each year until they reach the coveted undefeated season and never lose again. Or stay at 11 wins going forward after last season. I guess some fans look at "Washington State" on the jerseys and read Alabama.

This game is about money. He who has it wins a lot, he who doesn't, doesn't. We don't

Your opinion on coaching? How’s your gold standard Ernie doing?

Reactions: Mitchf350
I'm beginning to think that some people are actually dense enough to expect teams/programs to win more games each year until they reach the coveted undefeated season and never lose again. Or stay at 11 wins going forward after last season. I guess some fans look at "Washington State" on the jerseys and read Alabama.

This game is about money. He who has it wins a lot, he who doesn't, doesn't. We don't

Very true, great post. I have to remind myself of this, its too easy to get carried away as a fan. Oregon and WSU are a perfect illustration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT