ADVERTISEMENT

E60: Mike Leach, Sunday.

To say he would re-evaluate how things are done implies he did something wrong. I have no issue with concussed players at practice doing appropriate activities. How would a stationary bike make concussion symptoms worse?

Why would I "imply" it versus saying it? I sometimes wish my world was that black and white.

So what you are saying because Leach attends and holds clinics to get new ideas it "implies" he is doing something wrong?

I have said now three times that Leach did not do something "wrong" in the Adam Jones case. Since you think I imply things versus saying things, I will say one more time I had issue with Leach's handling of one injury. One. I didn't like it then and I don't like it now. And it wasn't Adam James injury that I am referring to.

Do you have kids that play youth sports? Have you seen concussions up close? The reason I ask is when you asked the question "what's the harm in riding a stationary bike."

My daughter many years ago went to preschool with a kid that was on the UW band bus. I saw the kid two days after the accident and he doesn't remember calling his parents from the site of the accident, he doesn't remember whose phone he used, and there was memory losses elsewhere. He had to drop out for the quarter as the doc said he needs to be in a room with very little light, and that studying and reading was impossible. His head bothered him when he would walk, so that may help explain the stationary bike.

My other daughter plays AAU bball and in April one of her teammates was hit on the side of the head, nothing earth shattering, it was the girls third concussion of the year. After getting hit, she shot two free throws, missed both horribly, ran back on defense, played defense for about 40 seconds, and after a long rebound she ran over to the bench and started to puke. Two minutes later she was in a car getting ready to go to the hospital, and I have known the kid for 10 years plus and she didn't know my name. She did not know the name of her boyfriend, and she couldn't tell you what state or city she was in.

She is prohibited from any activities where there is head movement for six months. She was at home doing zip for 8 days after the concussion.

Since 2009 we have learned so much more about that injury. Add to that fact Mike Leach had a player who suffered a concussion and the player's brain was the age of a 65 year old, I wonder if that changed him, changed his personal protocol. Not because he did something wrong, as you state (and not imply) but rather because of personal loss and more knowledge.

The Darryl Stingley injury changed John Madden's career forever. John did nothing wrong, but that event changed him.

Reactions: 79COUG
Because you've been doing that for at least the past decade or so that I've witnessed around here. That's the point. You "ask questions" so you can then claim you didn't say something.

Ummmmm....not why I ask questions at all. I think I have been pretty up front with any criticism I have had of Leach or any other coach. I claim my criticisms of Leach. I didn't need to ask a question about the following, rather I think I was very straightforward.

1) I don't think there is any benefit to the program in Leach introducing a political candidate at a rally. It could be Trump, Obama, or Hillary. In my opinion (and it is just that) nothing good comes from that.

2) I didn't like what happened after the Utah game back when he trotted the oline out. again, just my opinion, you may choose to disagree.

3)I didn't like it when Falk was strapped to the paddle, and I voiced my opinion. I didn't "ask a question" to dodge that I didn't say something.

4) Not sure I ever weighed in on the tweet, but if you want to know my opinion read #1.

I didn't care that he "encouraged" kids to transfer while he was trying to change the culture, and said as much. (wasn't in the question format) I didn't care when Monroe lost his job when Pelluer took that position. I didn't ask a question to hide from an opinion, I stated I am not at practice so despite a difference in experience and maybe a small difference in athletic ability, that I trust the coaches know what they are doing.

I have never said anything on this board that I wouldn't say directly to Mike Leach if he was in my living room.

And finally, I would love to win the Apple cup and be more competitive in it instead of Jimmy Lake rubbing it in our face. I don't need to present that statement with a question like "I wonder if Mike Leach cares about the Apple Cup?" It is my hope Leach takes a peek at what Dennis Erickson did which was ask himself every day what he can do to beat the Huskies.

And knowing what I know about Leach, it isn't MO, he firmly believes in "the next play". And I totally respect his approach.

Is there any questions where I disagree with Mike Leach? And BTW, all our my opinions, none of which I would ever fire a coach over, put them on the hot seat, or withhold support from the program. They are opinions, nothing more.

Because you've been doing that for at least the past decade or so that I've witnessed around here. That's the point. You "ask questions" so you can then claim you didn't say something.

The last decade? The Wulff years?

TL; DR. Look, I called you on your BS and I'm not playing your games. Stop it if you want to have actual discussions with fellow WSU fans in a productive manner. If not, though I don't bash you as much as everyone else, I'll call you on this BS again in a year or two, and you'll continue to be universally derided on here in the interim, and likely thereafter, while failing to actually have any productive discussions with anyone.

Well Lookie Here, You Are Finally Correct Here E.D.

You Didn’t Ask Any Questions During The Wulff Era.

All You Did Was Pointed Continues Blame On Doba.

Well I have always believed you have to recruit players and you can't have the attrition Doba had.

Of course I would be more lenient on a guy put in a bad situation, that Mike Price showed it takes a good sum of years (four) to become good, that had the attrition, no DT's with experience aside from Ahmu, no qb with experience. I think the last time a similar scenario that happened in my time was 95 and 99, both were horrible three win seasons. Why would I expect a D2 coach to get the team to a winning season before a guy who had two bowl games under his belt?

If I went to my dentist who had 20 years of experience, and then went to a person who was just out of school, I would hope the 20 year vet with their experience would be better and I would judge their work much more rigid.

Mike Leach was always going to be given 5 years in my book to get it right.

TL; DR. Look, I called you on your BS and I'm not playing your games. Stop it if you want to have actual discussions with fellow WSU fans in a productive manner. If not, though I don't bash you as much as everyone else, I'll call you on this BS again in a year or two, and you'll continue to be universally derided on here in the interim, and likely thereafter, while failing to actually have any productive discussions with anyone.

Funny, I thought we were offering opinions, explanations etc on a message board. If I wanted to play games I would go to the gym and play some hoops.

Too funny part 2- you don't read it yet comment.

Last edited:
Well I have always believed you have to recruit players and you can't have the attrition Doba had.

Of course I would be more lenient on a guy put in a bad situation, that Mike Price showed it takes a good sum of years (four) to become good, that had the attrition, no DT's with experience aside from Ahmu, no qb with experience. I think the last time a similar scenario that happened in my time was 95 and 99, both were horrible three win seasons. Why would I expect a D2 coach to get the team to a winning season before a guy who had two bowl games under his belt?

If I went to my dentist who had 20 years of experience, and then went to a person who was just out of school, I would hope the 20 year vet with their experience would be better and I would judge their work much more rigid.

Mike Leach was always going to be given 5 years in my book to get it right.

uzRL6X0Y.png

Not a deflection at all. I would fully EXPECT someone who had 9 years of experience to have more contacts, more cred than a guy who only coached at a D2 school, thus I would expect more from Leach earlier than Wulff. And there was easily enough criticism of Wulff, and BTW was anyone ever called out for not being a Coug fan for voicing their criticism?

Not a deflection at all. I would fully EXPECT someone who had 9 years of experience to have more contacts, more cred than a guy who only coached at a D2 school, thus I would expect more from Leach earlier than Wulff. And there was easily enough criticism of Wulff, and BTW was anyone ever called out for not being a Coug fan for voicing their criticism?[/QUOTE]
Dear Edward: the natural assumption would be you do realize calling out total incompetence in the Wulff era was being a Coug fan and your false equivalence to the Leach era is merely a slip of Edwardian logic. I believe most here know the intent and effect is far less noble.

Reactions: YakiCoug

"Dear Edward: the natural assumption would be you do realize calling out total incompetence in the Wulff era was being a Coug fan and your false equivalence to the Leach era is merely a slip of Edwardian logic. I believe most here know the intent and effect is far less noble." - Bogusto

What you see here is someone who has essentially reintroduced the rant that began with that infamous line 30 minutes into the 2012 BYU game ("Leach isn't going to get it done."). Compare the silence from this crowd of 3 during 6 and 40 to the sniping and griping of 2012-2018 and how it continues even though 37-15 over the past four years would shut most Cougvillage idiots up. So, here we are once again.

"Dear Edward: the natural assumption would be you do realize calling out total incompetence in the Wulff era was being a Coug fan and your false equivalence to the Leach era is merely a slip of Edwardian logic. I believe most here know the intent and effect is far less noble." - Bogusto

What you see here is someone who has essentially reintroduced the rant that began with that infamous line 30 minutes into the 2012 BYU game ("Leach isn't going to get it done."). Compare the silence from this crowd of 3 during 6 and 40 to the sniping and griping of 2012-2018 and how it continues even though 37-15 over the past four years would shut most Cougvillage idiots up. So, here we are once again.

What did I say about the BYU game? From the moment Leach was hired I never once said he wouldn't get it done. However there is a fan or two who post here that wanted to start looking elsewhere because Leach lost to PSU.

Why would it be a false equivalence? If there was ever "criticism" of his coaching, which not sure there was, when coaches take over a 4 win team that was three inches away from a five win team and they win three games, I think a lot of fans would have questions. Then after two seasons without a winning season, and then followed up by a loss to Portland State had even the most die hard fans looking elsewhere questioning Leach.

And there was one person who never questioned whether Leach would get it done.

Why would it be a false equivalence? If there was ever "criticism" of his coaching, which not sure there was, when coaches take over a 4 win team that was three inches away from a five win team and they win three games, I think a lot of fans would have questions. Then after two seasons without a winning season, and then followed up by a loss to Portland State had even the most die hard fans looking elsewhere questioning Leach.

And there was one person who never questioned whether Leach would get it done.

I know that you feel the need to defend yourself.....but as someone who often doesn't know when to shut up, take my advice......you really need to just shut up and walk away from this thread. You aren't going to change hearts and minds at this point and if anything, you're providing fuel and motivation to those that already love to spar with you. Walk away, man.

Reactions: CougEd
I know that you feel the need to defend yourself.....but as someone who often doesn't know when to shut up, take my advice......you really need to just shut up and walk away from this thread. You aren't going to change hearts and minds at this point and if anything, you're providing fuel and motivation to those that already love to spar with you. Walk away, man.

Flat....I appreciate your concern but I am a big boy. BTW who said I was trying to change the hearts and minds?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT