ADVERTISEMENT

Expected portal

DD loves WSU. I could see him transferring down the road to Idaho if they want him.

I wish him well.

Myles Rice officially in the portal. I doubt he would stay even had Kyle Smith stayed or if Jim Shaw had immediately been named HC.

Glad Cougar

Watts sounds positive if they get it together.

If the Spokesman Review is right in the article that MI posted in another thread, and if Shaw is announced on Monday. That will semi probably might semi probably stop the bleeding, keep some of the better, good players, core, etc, and Rice, or Kymany, or Both might return to WSU(LESS so for Rice, because he either rumored, or committed, or considering, etc, South Carolina, etc). Remember that Smith was able to convince a few to return back to WSU from the portal, and it's understandable that Rice, Wells, etc, would enter the portal, since Smith left, Shaw not announced yet, uncertainty, going to WCC, not knowing if the new coach will get them to NCAA tourny this coming next season, not knowing if the new coach can keep enough players, an or recruit well enough to make NCAA tourny, or at least the NIT, etc, for 2 years, etc.

Having Shaw, who the players love, respect, trust, believe in to take them to NCAA tourny again, this next coming season, announced Monday, might probably stop the bleeding, might keep some of the players, might cause in the portal players to return to WSU, might cause some players to change their mind about entering the portal.

Not having Shaw will probably cause about 59% to 93% of the players to leave WSU via the transfer portal, and probably not be able to recruit good enough replacements, and to probably only win about 5 to 7 to 9 to 11 to 13 games the next coming season.

If Shaw is HC, WSU probably wins about around 16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23 games.

Shaw is clearly the best option, Shaw OR BUST.

If the Spokesman Review is right in the article that MI posted in another thread, and if Shaw is announced on Monday. That will semi probably might semi probably stop the bleeding, keep some of the better, good players, core, etc, and Rice, or Kymany, or Both might return to WSU(LESS so for Rice, because he either rumored, or committed, or considering, etc, South Carolina, etc). Remember that Smith was able to convince a few to return back to WSU from the portal, and it's understandable that Rice, Wells, etc, would enter the portal, since Smith left, Shaw not announced yet, uncertainty, going to WCC, not knowing if the new coach will get them to NCAA tourny this coming next season, not knowing if the new coach can keep enough players, an or recruit well enough to make NCAA tourny, or at least the NIT, etc, for 2 years, etc.

Having Shaw, who the players love, respect, trust, believe in to take them to NCAA tourny again, this next coming season, announced Monday, might probably stop the bleeding, might keep some of the players, might cause in the portal players to return to WSU, might cause some players to change their mind about entering the portal.

Not having Shaw will probably cause about 59% to 93% of the players to leave WSU via the transfer portal, and probably not be able to recruit good enough replacements, and to probably only win about 5 to 7 to 9 to 11 to 13 games the next coming season.

If Shaw is HC, WSU probably wins about around 16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23 games.

Shaw is clearly the best option, Shaw OR BUST.
Like I said in the other thread, without knowing who the other candidates are, I have no idea if Shaw is clearly the best option. He may be but it really isn't clear to me. He might indeed be announced as the new head coach Monday, but the article merely reports that he interviewed for the position. There's nothing I saw in the article that indicates he's the choice. Again, I'm good with Jim Shaw getting the job but I also think there could be other acceptable candidates out there.

Glad Cougar

That sentence is an all timer Mik. You are becoming more powerful.
I like these better....

"That will semi probably might semi probably stop the bleeding,"

"Not having Shaw will probably cause about 59% to 93% of the players to leave WSU via the transfer portal, and probably not be able to recruit good enough replacements, and to probably only win about 5 to 7 to 9 to 11 to 13 games the next coming season."

Chinyelu and Jakimovski are now in the portal, although I wasn't sure AJ had any eligibility left. I sure would like to keep Chinyelu. He's going to be a monster.

Glad Cougar

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT