ADVERTISEMENT

Portal

kougkurt

Hall Of Fame
Nov 19, 2011
Lots and lots of movement today. I am predicting 2-3 key departures for WSU and If we lose Smith, which I think we will, upwards of 5-6.
You just can’t sell these current players on Big Time basketball, when we will be playing in the WCC next year

Reactions: HCoug
Lots and lots of movement today. I am predicting 2-3 key departures for WSU and If we lose Smith, which I think we will, upwards of 5-6.
You just can’t sell these current players on Big Time basketball, when we will be playing in the WCC next year

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Gonzaga plays WCC basketball. That persuasion effort is a lot easier than 2 decades ago...

If Smith leaves I would expect most of the roster to portal. At least the Tournament keeps the team together for as long as it last.

hey chicken little, can we at least wait until the corpse is cold (we're out of the tourney)?

Yeah. The rush around here to see who can be the most pessimistic amazes me. Are there special prices handed out for whoever wins the pessimist contest?

Reactions: Coug4 life
Why are we discussing Smith leaving before the dance?

Going over Drake’s roster/stats for the year. Pretty even stat wise, Drake does not block a lot of shots. Good FT %, DeVries and Brodie appears to be the team stars scoring, assist, rebounds, blocks and steals per game. Cluff and Jones should be able to get an inside game going with their size/weight advantage. Hopefully with a few fouls called too.

Reactions: UberCougars
hey chicken little, can we at least wait until the corpse is cold (we're out of the tourney)?
It does seem odd to talk about the demise of the program at the very time the Cougs are actually playing in the NCAA Tournament. I'm going to focus on the Drake game and hopefully beyond. Only once the season is over will I even ponder the idea that the coach and players may bolt. Enjoy the current team and don't worry about the future team.....yet. The Big Dance doesn't happen very often for WSU.

Glad Cougar

Slap all of your faces!
You know, with what coaches will or won't do I'm the kiss of death. I was one of the people chanting "Stay" to Erickson 30 years ago when the only thing stopping him going to Miami was when Jimmy Johnson found an NFL gig. Thought no way Price would go to Alabama. Didn't believe Tony would have gone to LSU or IU. Thought "pillars" might keep him from going to UVA. Never thought we would hire Graham or Kent. I'm not a "realist" when it comes to the Coug's.

I was one of the few around here that didn't meltdown after the Cal loss. When it comes to this environment I hope for the best, but expect the worst. Until the offseason, I'm enjoying the ride.

Reactions: Coug-Vandal
You know, with what coaches will or won't do I'm the kiss of death. I was one of the people chanting "Stay" to Erickson 30 years ago when the only thing stopping him going to Miami was when Jimmy Johnson found an NFL gig. Thought no way Price would go to Alabama. Didn't believe Tony would have gone to LSU or IU. Thought "pillars" might keep him from going to UVA. Never thought we would hire Graham or Kent. I'm not a "realist" when it comes to the Coug's.

I was one of the few around here that didn't meltdown after the Cal loss. When it comes to this environment I hope for the best, but expect the worst. Until the offseason, I'm enjoying the ride.
I hear ya, but it's kind've interesting to enjoy the ride after losing to Arizona State, Washington and Colorado.

I made a pretty damn good case on why there is about a 67% chance that Smith stays for at least another season.

Obviously your a chicken little the sky is falling DOOM AND GLOOMER, that didn't read, understand, participate in that discussion, etc.

In addition to those reasons, here is another.

Smith, and others are saying that Smith, and WSU are working, hammering out a contract extension, because of how much Smith really wants to stay for at least another season, and because of how much WSU wants him, and because of how much Smith, his family, etc, love WSU, Pullman, etc, which he is probably not lying about, pulling a Erickson, etc, because he is a CHURCH ATTENDING person.

Here is a link that worth reading, listening, etc, to, if I can figure out how to post it.(Got a new phone(copied link to clipboard(not seeing a "paste clipboarded link" option.

OK let's see if this works

It worked.

Semi pain in but having to learn the new semi pain in but new phone, browser, etc, interface, in order to copy, paste, share a link.

Last edited:
I made a pretty damn good case on why there is about a 67% chance that Smith stays for at least another season.

Obviously your a chicken little the sky is falling DOOM AND GLOOMER, that didn't read, understand, participate in that discussion, etc.

In addition to those reasons, here is another.

Smith, and others are saying that Smith, and WSU are working, hammering out a contract extension, because of how much Smith really wants to stay for at least another season, and because of how much WSU wants him, and because of how much Smith, his family, etc, love WSU, Pullman, etc, which he is probably not lying about, pulling a Erickson, etc, because he is a CHURCH ATTENDING person.

Here is a link that worth reading, listening, etc, to, if I can figure out how to post it.(Got a new phone(copied link to clipboard(not seeing a "paste clipboarded link" option.

OK let's see if this works

It worked.

Semi pain in but having to learn the new semi pain in but new phone, browser, etc, interface, in order to copy, paste, share a link.
Hard to know what the effect of the portal will be. If Smith stays he might be in a good position to pick up some talent. Stanford had its top 2 freshman enter the portal today. It is hard to know what a player might think about the trips Stanford and Cal are going to have to make or for that matter the trips that UW and UO have to make. Flying to California to play St. Mary's or Pacific or USF or Pepperdine or Loyola or San Diego might actually seem like a saner existence than flying to Rutgers, Maryland, Michigan and Ohio. The NCAA tourney is the great equalizer. The scouts are going to see you wherever you play.

this reminds me of Eds pediction of 50 football players hitting the portal

Reactions: mikalalas
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT