ADVERTISEMENT

FBS Champ game

BleedCrimsonandGray

Hall Of Fame
Oct 2, 2007
What can be concluded about only one team belonging on the field? And if you do transitive property, Bama is exponentially better than Clemson and Notre Dame.

I will say that watching this game gives me optimism about having a 160lb WR on the roster...

Reactions: dgibbons
Ohio State played 7 games going into tonight. Bama played 12. Having played almost twice as many games is an advantage.

Dabo is a dipshit.
Ha. Not gonna argue that, just saying Clemson got worked by OSU with just as many games. I don’t think after 5-6-7 games that’s any kind of a factor. Alabama just lapped everyone this year. Saban had a great staff and they had a lot of talent that was dialed in. They probably had the best WR, best RB, and maybe second best QB in the country to go along with their typical OLine entirely made up of future NFL players. Machine.

Reactions: earldacoug
Ha. Not gonna argue that, just saying Clemson got worked by OSU with just as many games. I don’t think after 5-6-7 games that’s any kind of a factor. Alabama just lapped everyone this year. Saban had a great staff and they had a lot of talent that was dialed in. They probably had the best WR, best RB, and maybe second best QB in the country to go along with their typical OLine entirely made up of future NFL players. Machine.
True, and they didn't even need a healthy Waddle to dominate the game or season. With all due respect to DaVonta Smith, Waddle could very well be a much better NFL receiver.

Glad Cougar

It is a factor. More reps, more depth, more scenarios for kids and coaches to work through, more of everything. Almost twice as many games to develop kids. And you think it doesn't matter? No.

Not every match up is the same either. Sometimes you are able to handle another team when they've had more games, sometimes not. To say that it doesn't matter when facing Alabama??? Nope. It does matter.

If the roles were reversed I think it is a much closer game.

It is a factor. More reps, more depth, more scenarios for kids and coaches to work through, more of everything. Almost twice as many games to develop kids. And you think it doesn't matter? No.

Not every match up is the same either. Sometimes you are able to handle another team when they've had more games, sometimes not. To say that it doesn't matter when facing Alabama??? Nope. It does matter.

If the roles were reversed I think it is a much closer game.
We can agree to disagree. If we’re talking games 1-3, ok But OSU had 7 games including a playoff game against the 2nd ranked team in the country. They coulda played 30 games and Alabama still would have kicked their ass.
Not to mention the flip side of this argument which we always end up on after 10-11 games is wear and tear of a season (granted Alabama does just plug in the next 5* where we don’t have that luxury). You could also argue OSU should have “fresher legs”.

We can agree to disagree. If we’re talking games 1-3, ok But OSU had 7 games including a playoff game against the 2nd ranked team in the country. They coulda played 30 games and Alabama still would have kicked their ass.
Not to mention the flip side of this argument which we always end up on after 10-11 games is wear and tear of a season (granted Alabama does just plug in the next 5* where we don’t have that luxury). You could also argue OSU should have “fresher legs”.

We are not agreeing to disagree. Playing 12 games vs 7 and going against Bama you need all the reps you can get. You are wrong.

Ohio State played 7 games going into tonight. Bama played 12. Having played almost twice as many games is an advantage.
What about the injury aspect? More travel, probably more training, more COVID, more injuries, even "healthy" players are less fresh.

What about the injury aspect? More travel, probably more training, more COVID, more injuries, even "healthy" players are less fresh.
Bingo. Alabama’s a much better team than OSU. They were much better than everyone this year. 11 games vs 7 games is irrelevant. If you asked any coach in the country or NFL if they’d like their chances better having played only 7 games vs a team that’s played 11 games, almost all of them would take the 7. We have this discussion every year after 9, 10, 11 games when we’ve got guys dinged up all over the roster.

Reactions: etowncoug
I don't necessarily disagree with Biggs on the value of game experience, but in this case I don't think it was a major factor. Alabama was head & shoulders better than tOSU in every way, and I think if they played this game 10 times Bama wins them all.

I don't necessarily disagree with Biggs on the value of game experience, but in this case I don't think it was a major factor. Alabama was head & shoulders better than tOSU in every way, and I think if they played this game 10 times Bama wins them all.

They may in fact win them all. I dont think theyre all a run away victory. To deny there is a learning curve is ridiculous. Reps matter. Being able to add more to the packages matters. Kids growing into the scheme matters. It isnt just this team had more talent than that team. A team with 12 games under their belt had an entire season to mature into the 13th game. A team with 7 games did not have the same opportunity. Going against Bama, that matters.

Bingo. Alabama’s a much better team than OSU. They were much better than everyone this year. 11 games vs 7 games is irrelevant. If you asked any coach in the country or NFL if they’d like their chances better having played only 7 games vs a team that’s played 11 games, almost all of them would take the 7. We have this discussion every year after 9, 10, 11 games when we’ve got guys dinged up all over the roster.

Wrong on the internet. Telling yourself this bullshit story to justify your dumb idea doesnt help. I am telling you the truth.

And comparing WSU’s depth to teams in the title game is dumb too.

Ya know what kills WSU? No vets. WSU cant roll into the coliseum to play SC with a bunch of first year starters. They’ll get smoked. As we saw this year at the QB position.

WSU needs kids to grow into the scheme. They need kids to have a ton of game reps. It allows the coaches to grow the packages, give the other team more to prepare for, gives the kids more time to learn and develop. All of this stuff adds up. You need all of it to compete and win high end, high stakes games.

Ohio State has a ton of talent. Even so if you are gonna compete with Saban you gotta be firing on all cylinders. You arent gonna show up with a smaller playbook, less time on the field, less time making plays, etc and think youre gonna win.

Bama does have a great team this year. Maybe they would win 10 out of 10 times. To say that 7 games of work is enough? F$cking stupid. It isnt enough. If you wanna beat Bama you need everything going for you. That means even talented kids having reps under their belt. To think that young players can have half the snaps that another team has and that’s equitable??? Nope.

Maybe that’s a question for Rolo??? Hey coach, your team has 7 games under their belt and your opponent has 12... do they have an advantage or not?

Ya know what kills WSU? No vets. WSU cant roll into the coliseum to play SC with a bunch of first year starters. They’ll get smoked. As we saw this year at the QB position.

WSU needs kids to grow into the scheme. They need kids to have a ton of game reps. It allows the coaches to grow the packages, give the other team more to prepare for, gives the kids more time to learn and develop. All of this stuff adds up. You need all of it to compete and win high end, high stakes games.

Ohio State has a ton of talent. Even so if you are gonna compete with Saban you gotta be firing on all cylinders. You arent gonna show up with a smaller playbook, less time on the field, less time making plays, etc and think youre gonna win.

Bama does have a great team this year. Maybe they would win 10 out of 10 times. To say that 7 games of work is enough? F$cking stupid. It isnt enough. If you wanna beat Bama you need everything going for you. That means even talented kids having reps under their belt. To think that young players can have half the snaps that another team has and that’s equitable??? Nope.

Maybe that’s a question for Rolo??? Hey coach, your team has 7 games under their belt and your opponent has 12... do they have an advantage or not?

We appear to have another adherent to the philosophy of sucking for 2-3 years, then having a bowl season.

We appear to have another adherent to the philosophy of sucking for 2-3 years, then having a bowl season.

I think your misrepresenting Biggs, exaggerating, etc.

To beat the USC's, Oregon, etc, you need: 1. Vets. 2. Good Coaching period regardless of vets or not. 3. If dont have vets, exceptional Leach, Saban, Urban Meyer, etc, coaching.

Biggs is not saying that WSU has to have Vets to win 7,8,9,10 games.

Its possible for WSU to win 7,8,9,10 games with no vets, but still having good to exceptional coaching.

Also while WSU doesnt have to have 2,3,4 bad seasons, and then 1 bowl season, and then 2,3 more bad years, then bowl season, etc.

I do probably rightly think that WSU is probably a 1 bad, 1 good, 1 bad, 1 good, 1 bad, 1 good, and 3 bowls seasons out of every 5.5 seasons, as long as have at least above ok, above average, between semi good to good coaching, but not Saban, exceptional coaching, while still not having Vets

I think Biggs knows that too, and is just saying to beat USC, that have to have vets or Saban, exceptional level coaching.

And dont have to beat USC or a USC type to win 7,8,9,10 games, and goto a bowl game.

I think your misrepresenting Biggs, exaggerating, etc.

To beat the USC's, Oregon, etc, you need: 1. Vets. 2. Good Coaching period regardless of vets or not. 3. If dont have vets, exceptional Leach, Saban, Urban Meyer, etc, coaching.

Biggs is not saying that WSU has to have Vets to win 7,8,9,10 games.

Its possible for WSU to win 7,8,9,10 games with no vets, but still having good to exceptional coaching.

Also while WSU doesnt have to have 2,3,4 bad seasons, and then 1 bowl season, and then 2,3 more bad years, then bowl season, etc.

I do probably rightly think that WSU is probably a 1 bad, 1 good, 1 bad, 1 good, 1 bad, 1 good, and 3 bowls seasons out of every 5.5 seasons, as long as have at least above ok, above average, between semi good to good coaching, but not Saban, exceptional coaching, while still not having Vets

I think Biggs knows that too, and is just saying to beat USC, that have to have vets or Saban, exceptional level coaching.

And dont have to beat USC or a USC type to win 7,8,9,10 games, and goto a bowl game.

I disagree, nonconcur, etc.

Wrong on the internet. Telling yourself this bullshit story to justify your dumb idea doesnt help. I am telling you the truth.

And comparing WSU’s depth to teams in the title game is dumb too.
Again, how is it a bullshit story when OSU just kicked the hell out of Clemson who had...gasp....10 games to OSUs 6! And don’t give me “Matchups”. With this context your argument holds no water.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
Again, how is it a bullshit story when OSU just kicked the hell out of Clemson who had...gasp....10 games to OSUs 6! And don’t give me “Matchups”. With this context your argument holds no water.

Clemson isnt Bama. Teams are fluid. If you are gonna beat Bama this year you need all hands on deck. Not so for Clemson.

I can explain it to you. I cannot understand it for you. You are dumb and dont know shit.

Clemson isnt Bama. Teams are fluid. If you are gonna beat Bama this year you need all hands on deck. Not so for Clemson.

I can explain it to you. I cannot understand it for you. You are dumb and dont know shit.
Biggs I know you’ve got some coach in you. Figured it was beyond pee-wee though.

More reps matter. The end. Ohio State has dudes. It isnt like the next man up cant play.

Biggs, I don't completely disagree with the premise that more reps is always a good thing, but 10 of the starters on OSU's defense were upperclassmen. You are bullsh!tting yourself (and us) if you think a few more games were gonna suddenly make a 28 point difference in the game.

I agree with Biggs, I think more reps would have helped OSU, their defense was ripped to shreds, maybe if they had seen more looks they might have been able to make a stop, they looked lost half the time, it is not just a matter or rest and health, it's the ability to recognize and react quickly. Offensively same thing, more looks more reps, more success. They still would have lost, because of the talent on the Alabama side, but at least they might have been more competitive. The Talent that is leaving the west coast and going to OSU, Clemson and Alabama and others out east, is killing the Pac 12, all these QB's and top players used to go to USC or UCLA, and the rest of the pac 12 would get the leftovers, well now USC and UCLA are getting the left overs, and the rest of the pac 12 is that much further down the list, well other than Oregon, but they waste a lot of talent due to poor coaching, until that trend changes, the SEC will continue to dominate. If Alabama continues to dominate, the rest of the country will start to lose interest. I believe the NCAA will have to expand the playoffs, to keep the rest of the teams happy, and to keep the interest level up, and they better make the change within the next 2-3 years, or interest will start to suffer even more.

Biggs I know you’ve got some coach in you. Figured it was beyond pee-wee though.

You haven't coached a damn thing. Yet here you are talking about how one team having played almost twice as many games as it's opponent doesn't matter. Dumb. You are dumb. You should post on the basketball board because you don't know a damn thing about football.

You haven't coached a damn thing. Yet here you are talking about how one team having played almost twice as many games as it's opponent doesn't matter. Dumb. You are dumb. You should post on the basketball board because you don't know a damn thing about football.

That's sure convincing.

Reactions: Coug90
I agree with Biggs, I think more reps would have helped OSU, their defense was ripped to shreds, maybe if they had seen more looks they might have been able to make a stop, they looked lost half the time, it is not just a matter or rest and health, it's the ability to recognize and react quickly. Offensively same thing, more looks more reps, more success. They still would have lost, because of the talent on the Alabama side, but at least they might have been more competitive. The Talent that is leaving the west coast and going to OSU, Clemson and Alabama and others out east, is killing the Pac 12, all these QB's and top players used to go to USC or UCLA, and the rest of the pac 12 would get the leftovers, well now USC and UCLA are getting the left overs, and the rest of the pac 12 is that much further down the list, well other than Oregon, but they waste a lot of talent due to poor coaching, until that trend changes, the SEC will continue to dominate. If Alabama continues to dominate, the rest of the country will start to lose interest. I believe the NCAA will have to expand the playoffs, to keep the rest of the teams happy, and to keep the interest level up, and they better make the change within the next 2-3 years, or interest will start to suffer even more.

It isn't just talent leaving the West Coast that is hurting the PAC 12. The wholesale lack of culture at the high school level is killing the PAC 12. Kids aren't coached or developed for shit. Those kids fuel the league. And the league doesn't do a good job of developing kids either. How weak are these kids? Did you see the massive size difference between WSU and SC this year? It was the Varsity vs the middle school. Did you see the size of the kids in the playoff this year? These kids have been training since middle school. They grew up in a football culture, escalated that culture in college and now are mauling kids.

Harbaugh laid out the blueprint for a PAC 12 team to go from nowhere to somewhere. It starts with actually getting kids strong and coaching hard nosed football. Shaw went away from it and look what happened, back to crap.

I heard Chun speak about how WSU was a development school. Shoot, the entire league is development schools now. None of these HS kids show up on campus having done jack crap in high school. They all need to gain weight or gain strength or gain speed or gain something. More so than usual. The entire league is full of kids showing up that didn't do the work in HS and now they need to do the work at a lightspeed pace in college.

If Rolo wants to win he needs to tell the kids it's time to get after it. What I saw this year was a team of kids that think 275 is a good bench press. It isn't.

Biggs, most of the starters on the Ohio State roster have played in dozens of game and most of the starters on defense in particular had been on the roster for years. Do you really think that a redshirt junior is measurably better in game 36 of their career than they were in game 31? All BS aside, the biggest gains that players make are between seasons as they get more physically developed. After a player's sophomore season, players who are on the field rarely get dramatically better in the middle of the year.

The entire premise that Alabama won this game because of playing in 12 games vs. 7 games is dumb. Alabama won because they were really damned good this year. Anyone arguing otherwise is living in a fantasy.

Biggs, most of the starters on the Ohio State roster have played in dozens of game and most of the starters on defense in particular had been on the roster for years. Do you really think that a redshirt junior is measurably better in game 36 of their career than they were in game 31? All BS aside, the biggest gains that players make are between seasons as they get more physically developed. After a player's sophomore season, players who are on the field rarely get dramatically better in the middle of the year.

The entire premise that Alabama won this game because of playing in 12 games vs. 7 games is dumb. Alabama won because they were really damned good this year. Anyone arguing otherwise is living in a fantasy.
Be careful flat. Kindergarten insults incoming.

Saying stupid shit repetitively and with emphasis doesn't make it accurate. Still a dumb-ass blowhard.

Reactions: BleedCrimsonandGray
At least you're not pretending to block me any longer. I've been called some other things, but this is a first.
This is some Charles Manson level feces tossing. Biggs just shit in his hand again! Who’s next!?

Hey man, have you ever coached the Morrow county B-8 football team to 2nd place at districts? Cant argue with the bona fides!

Also, my kid is in middle school, so I cant wait to culture him up to 6'8" 320 lbs - his 5'10" dad has is gonna buck genetics with a strong football culture.

Ohio State was overwhelmed defensively, and the fact they got a case of the stubborns didn’t help matters any. After Bama’s 3rd offensive series, it was obvious that they had no answer for DeVonta Smith, but they refused to slide a safety over and bracket him.

I don’t pretend to know more than D1 coaches, but I’m a Bill Belichick disciple. I’ll be damned if I’m going to let their best player beat me. 12 receptions for 215 yards and 3 TDs in the first half for the Heisman Trophy winner? It wouldn’t have changed the outcome, but come on. Rough him up at the LOS and have help waiting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT