ADVERTISEMENT

Final wrap up on my nightmare road trip

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
Ok, so two things.

After not being able to find my wallet, I went down the HIghway a ways and pulled way off the road. Still had beer then so I was imbibing in the cab. Keys safely in my pocket. Next thing I know, two Sheriff's deputies are knocking on my window. Passenger floor was covered in beer cans, and I was a mess by that time. So I tell them of my wallet woes, and they looked around the cab and said they could haul me in for DUI. I asked how? I'm sitting off the road, keys are not in the ignition. "Physical Control". They asked for my drivers license, and I said it's in the wallet I lost! Anyway they let me off, with my promise not to go anywhere until mid-morning. Wish Washington cops were as flexible. I think my dog in the back seat helped.

So after getting my buddy's WU money, I headed home. By CDA the gas gauge was not looking good, and I was trying to limp into Spokane to hit my credit union, which thankfully is open half days on Saturday. By Post Falls I knew I wasn't going to make it. One thing about Chevy trucks - when the gauge says you are empty, you are empty. Unlike my Subaru, where when it sez you are empty you have a gallon or two left. Rather being stranded on the side of I-90 with a dying phone and no money, I pulled into a gas station. This pretty cute and age appropriate gal (wedding ring damn it) was gassing up, and I told her my woes and asked she would let me steal $5 of gas from her. She says sure, so I pulled forward and she gave me $15 of gas! Which I ended up needing as I wandered East Spokane looking for my bank. But what a sweety pie to do that for a compete stranger! Luckily I am charming and handsome and chicks like me.

Found WSECU, got cash - brought in my Truck registration as it was the only proof of who I was. Guy was cool - asked me some questions, bought that it was me, and off I went.

Hope you all enjoyed my tale of misery. I am done posting about it, think I hit all the lowlights.

Reactions: WindyCityCoug
Sorry for the crappy trip.

I did post a couple pictures in the other thread from the area of your seat.

I talked to the guy who was sitting next to your seat and he said that nobody had been there. I was hoping that you missed it because you were too busy pounding some Fort Collins chick that you picked up at a bar.

Sorry for the crappy trip.

I did post a couple pictures in the other thread from the area of your seat.

I talked to the guy who was sitting next to your seat and he said that nobody had been there. I was hoping that you missed it because you were too busy pounding some Fort Collins chick that you picked up at a bar.
I looked at your pics and couldn't really tell which were my seats, but water under the bridge.

So I blocked my debit and credit cards (no suspicious transactions), the went the Bank of America site to cancel and get a new card. Went pretty smooth until they said they would mail my new card to my address on record. I said what? and looked up my address of record. My ex-GF's house which she sold 5-6 months ago. Great. So I went down there and gave them contact info, they'll call if mail shows up.

Next, based on a previous post where one of you guys said someone would find it and mail it to me, I went to my previous residence and stuck a note on the door. Except I don't think that address is what is on my driver's license.

And yes I wish I had the chance to pound s Fort Collins honey, or Dillon for that matter, but not meant to be. :(

I looked at your pics and couldn't really tell which were my seats, but water under the bridge.

So I blocked my debit and credit cards (no suspicious transactions), the went the Bank of America site to cancel and get a new card. Went pretty smooth until they said they would mail my new card to my address on record. I said what? and looked up my address of record. My ex-GF's house which she sold 5-6 months ago. Great. So I went down there and gave them contact info, they'll call if mail shows up.

Next, based on a previous post where one of you guys said someone would find it and mail it to me, I went to my previous residence and stuck a note on the door. Except I don't think that address is what is on my driver's license.

And yes I wish I had the chance to pound s Fort Collins honey, or Dillon for that matter, but not meant to be. :(

I hope your life isn't always a disaster like that trip.

Ok, so two things.

After not being able to find my wallet, I went down the HIghway a ways and pulled way off the road. Still had beer then so I was imbibing in the cab. Keys safely in my pocket. Next thing I know, two Sheriff's deputies are knocking on my window. Passenger floor was covered in beer cans, and I was a mess by that time. So I tell them of my wallet woes, and they looked around the cab and said they could haul me in for DUI. I asked how? I'm sitting off the road, keys are not in the ignition. "Physical Control". They asked for my drivers license, and I said it's in the wallet I lost! Anyway they let me off, with my promise not to go anywhere until mid-morning. Wish Washington cops were as flexible. I think my dog in the back seat helped.

So after getting my buddy's WU money, I headed home. By CDA the gas gauge was not looking good, and I was trying to limp into Spokane to hit my credit union, which thankfully is open half days on Saturday. By Post Falls I knew I wasn't going to make it. One thing about Chevy trucks - when the gauge says you are empty, you are empty. Unlike my Subaru, where when it sez you are empty you have a gallon or two left. Rather being stranded on the side of I-90 with a dying phone and no money, I pulled into a gas station. This pretty cute and age appropriate gal (wedding ring damn it) was gassing up, and I told her my woes and asked she would let me steal $5 of gas from her. She says sure, so I pulled forward and she gave me $15 of gas! Which I ended up needing as I wandered East Spokane looking for my bank. But what a sweety pie to do that for a compete stranger! Luckily I am charming and handsome and chicks like me.

Found WSECU, got cash - brought in my Truck registration as it was the only proof of who I was. Guy was cool - asked me some questions, bought that it was me, and off I went.

Hope you all enjoyed my tale of misery. I am done posting about it, think I hit all the lowlights.

Glad you made it back in one piece Loyal. Must've been nerve-wracking.

How the heck did you end up with injured ribs, bruised sternum and the other assorted injuries?

The pictures that were taken in the upper deck were taken a couple rows behind your seat. The picture of a seat number was your actual seat. ;) The zoomed in picture of the upper deck in the sun was a picture my wife took of my daughter, her boyfriend and me hanging out in your section. I'll buy you a beer if you go the next time.

Glad you made it back in one piece Loyal. Must've been nerve-wracking.

How the heck did you end up with injured ribs, bruised sternum and the other assorted injuries?
Already told you. Coors Light. And my pals here in YakiVegas look at my injuries and asked me what happened. I say I have no idea, because I don't.

But hey I'm still kicking. Guarantee that I have had more adventures (and definitely more women) than all you board members. And I aint done yet. :)

Last edited:
Already told you. Coors Light. And my pals here in YakiVegas look at my injuries and asked me what happened. I say I have no idea, because I don't.

But hey I'm still kicking. Guarantee that I have had more adventures (and definitely more women) than all you board members. And I aint done yet. :)

So we've been told.

You are Loyal Chamberlain

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT