ADVERTISEMENT

Fox Sports has Cougs at #16 in preseason poll

Anyone surprised that Oregon is omitted?
I'm more surprised the faith that is being given to a couple of sophomore quarterbacks, both of which are standing behind mediocre-to-bad O lines.

Frosh years are almost always a success somewhat, because no one has film on them yet - its the soph season that is make or break. I guess we'll see what Rosebud and Brownstain have in a month.

Bleed, you are right. But as you also implied, if the kid is good enough, he will have a good sophomore season. Leaf was an example. But a sophomore needs adequate protection, and as you also suggest, there is no guarantee that the QB's you mention will get a lot of time, or be able to avoid a lot of bruises.

Not surprised about Oregon being omitted.

But wow, it's crazy to see "the pundits" rate us anywhere near the top 15 and a 6-6 type of team this preseason. I can't decide which is more surprising to me.

Is this even *the* Fox Sports poll? It sounds like one guy at Fox Sports, in which case we're bound to see a lot of insane preseason prognosticating. There is or will be another dozen each from ESPN, CBS, ABC, NBC, USA Today, 247, Scout, Rivals, SBNation, Sagarin, SI, AP, Coaches, Massey, Yahoo, Bleacher Report. Not getting too outraged about #16 or #30 just yet...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT