ADVERTISEMENT

Game Thread - WSU- Arizona

95coug

Hall Of Fame
Dec 22, 2002
Jumping the gun a bit, but I’m in my seat so might as well start.

Granted I’m early, but the turnout looks abysmal. Even worse than I expected. Parking lots are practically empty. Lower RV lot (by Reaney Park) only had 3-4 RVs. And I put the number of students at well under 1000

Also - the fog is getting thicker. It was pretty soupy west of Pullman, not sure the field will be visible the whole game. It’s cold, wet, and breezy…perfect for an Arizona team.

Somebody posted on DieHard Cougs about the only guy in the 50s in thick, soupy weather to buy a ticket. He got special recognition at the bball game.

it could be you!

Edit: I remember a book a looong time ago, something like 3 Men on Third, mentioning that game.

Somebody posted on DieHard Cougs about the only guy in the 50s in thick, soupy weather to buy a ticket. He got special recognition at the bball game.

it could be you!

Edit: I remember a book a looong time ago, something like 3 Men on Third, mentioning that game.
That was vs San Jose State in a snow storm and actually a publicity stunt by "WSC" that backfired

There was over 1,000 people at that game according to the boxscore.

That was vs San Jose State in a snow storm and actually a publicity stunt by "WSC" that backfired

There was over 1,000 people at that game according to the boxscore.
I think the full story is that PAID attendance was 1. Everybody else got in free.

Reactions: FnuLnu and Suudy
I think the full story is that PAID attendance was 1. Everybody else got in free.
Yep.

But it got expanded with retelling that WSC (WSU) fans support is so weak they only drew 1 fan to a game of theirs once.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT