ADVERTISEMENT

Gesser provides some real nice color commentary

SCglory

Hall Of Fame
Dec 19, 2003
He even educated the venerable Bob-Rob on the whole 30-second TOs thing. Great stuff, and he really makes the radio broadcast come alive. Such a big, big upgrade from walden. I would like to get Gesser some speech therapy classes during the off-season, but his insights are really, really nice.

His knowledge and insight is top notch. If you've been listening since the beginning of the season, he has even improved his delivery. I actually heard him pause, find his thought, and continue to speak instead of trying to get 30 thoughts into the 10 seconds between plays and end up saying something dumb or nonsensical. Great job by him to realize his weakness and focus on bettering himself.

Totally agree. He has the gift of knowing how to put his knowledge of what's going on in bite-size form, and he makes it seem--almost--like I was there.

My wife and I were just talking about this. She really enjoyed listening to McWashington in the booth, and commented on how much Jason has improved (and continues to improve) and how much he adds to the broadcast. It seems like he's getting pretty comfortable in his role.

On the other hand, Bud has to go. One of the worst play-by-play guys I've heard. Need an upgrade there.

Well, they still don't get that the kicking team cannot advance a kick. On the onside, they thought it was recovered too early. At least JG was sorta right.

A monkey throwing its own poop would be an upgrade over Walden.

Originally posted by SCglory:
He even educated the venerable Bob-Rob on the whole 30-second TOs thing. Great stuff, and he really makes the radio broadcast come alive. Such a big, big upgrade from walden. I would like to get Gesser some speech therapy classes during the off-season, but his insights are really, really nice.
I listed to part of the first quarter in my car driving home. I was thinking that he was good. Nice to know others feel the same. Also, his speech has improved immensely since he was a student.

I can't pretend to have listened to ALL the color guys in the conf, but Jason is as good as Paul McDonald (another former QB) and light years better than either the OSU or the UO guys....He's not afraid to have his own opinions, but he states them in such a way as to make me want to listen. I think he may have found his calling.....??

On Bud - I think he's a better basketball play-by-play guy. His speech is pretty fast and can actually cover, and commentate, on a basketball game pretty well.

On football, I just don't like his delivery. He editorializes too much. He wants the microphone.

Off the field, his not an ambassador to Cougar football like Bob Rob is/was.

Jason Gesser is one of WSU's biggest and best assets! On the field as the Coug qb or on the sidelines or in the booth! The guy bleeds Crimson and is hell bent on being the best Coug he can be doing whatever it is he's doing!
My favorite Coug of all time! Gesser loves all things WSU/Pullman and it clearly shows!

Originally posted by Coug1990:
Originally posted by SCglory:
I listed to part of the first quarter in my car driving home. I was thinking that he was good. Nice to know others feel the same. Also, his speech has improved immensely since he was a student.
He's already had speech lessons and people need to loosen up regarding his dialect. I really enjoy listening to him and his insights. I also appreciate the immense respect he has for Bob Rob. He does it Island style.

John Cruz with Jackson Browne and Jack Johnson

nothing to with his Hawaiian background, it's his articulation and pronunciation skills....Already went through the corn pone phase with Bubba Walden, we don't need Keanu Reeves, that's all I'm saying

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT