ADVERTISEMENT

Glad we overcame Dads Weekend.

Really nice win, bowl to look forward to. Win next week and you're ranked.
It wouldn't suprirse me if they slipped into the top 25 this week with a few teams losing toward the bottom. Eventually that will take care of itself though. This team is resilant and continues to prove something different each week. Can't wait for next week on ESPN against UCLA.

I would love to see us ranked. It seems unlikely with 3 losses, but Ferris is right about some lower tier ranked teams losing, so who knows.

Yes some people thought that Dad's weekend would be silent . However,Leach said very good things to say about crowd noise and it s impact on the game. They will miss that n3xt week against UCLA.. I see a rough time and the cougs will be hard pressed to win on the road. UCLA has been installed as favorites.

Who ever thought Dad's Weekend would be silent? Maybe just because it was the second consecutive week with a home game? That should have been out the window when the sellout was announced.

The Dad's Weekend crowd is usually one of the louder ones each year.

Who ever thought Dad's Weekend would be silent? Maybe just because it was the second consecutive week with a home game? That should have been out the window when the sellout was announced.

The Dad's Weekend crowd is usually one of the louder ones each year.

Well, one of the dad's weekend crowds was a bit subdued once during the last thirty years so that's the way it will always be.

Yes some people thought that Dad's weekend would be silent . However,Leach said very good things to say about crowd noise and it s impact on the game. They will miss that n3xt week against UCLA.. I see a rough time and the cougs will be hard pressed to win on the road. UCLA has been installed as favorites.
Why are we hard pressed to win on the road? That is where we have been most successful.

I was pleased to see that we overcame our home woes vs league competition on Saturday. It looked like the same old WSU team early on that we've come to expect at home. Notwithstanding the OSU blowout...but they are really bad.

UCLA is a fairly hot team and i really would be surprised if the cougs pull this one out. i would not bet on this game either way

Is UCLA really any hotter than the Cougars?
Ya know, 90'....this has been really good in a superstitious sense...discounting a win for the Cougs and all.....but DAMN don't it really hurt this year!! I'd like to say "UCLA is playing so well as of late and they look unbeatable"...but DAMN it just ain't right and we all know that. Remember 2002' and the UCLA game in their house and we HAD to win that game....and they did. I'm not saying this game is going to be easy...but it's winnable.

Ya know, 90'....this has been really good in a superstitious sense...discounting a win for the Cougs and all.....but DAMN don't it really hurt this year!! I'd like to say "UCLA is playing so well as of late and they look unbeatable"...but DAMN it just ain't right and we all know that. Remember 2002' and the UCLA game in their house and we HAD to win that game....and they did. I'm not saying this game is going to be easy...but it's winnable.

I am not really superstitious (except for the times that I am). What it comes down to is that the team that plays better is likely going to win on Saturday. It could be UCLA or WSU. I would give a sleight edge to UCLA at home, but I could easily see WSU win this game. In conference, these teams are scoring about the same amount of points and giving up about the same amount of points.

Last edited:
UCLA had been up and down this season and haven't been great at home. They just had a cake walk in Corvallis so my guess is they will be flat this coming weekend. I like the Cougs and think we will pull out a win.

I hope so but UCLA is well coached and at home.I do not see them as being flat for the cougs. They will be sky high for this game

I hope so but UCLA is well coached and at home.I do not see them as being flat for the cougs. They will be sky high for this game
We beat UCLA in 2001 in Pullman, 2002 in LA, 2003 in Pullman, 2004 in LA, 2006 in LA, 2007 in Pullman.

They have a freshman QB. Stop the run. Press the QB into bad throws. Our offense plays well on the road. WSU wins!

Reactions: froropmkr72
We beat UCLA in 2001 in Pullman, 2002 in LA, 2003 in Pullman, 2004 in LA, 2006 in LA, 2007 in Pullman.

They have a freshman QB. Stop the run. Press the QB into bad throws. Our offense plays well on the road. WSU wins!

I wanna see what Rosen can try to do when getting legit pressure and hit all game.

I just got back. Crowd was great there was no Dad's weekend mythical let down.

As to UCLA we have a chance to beat anybody. We are already receiving some votes in the top-25 so really if we win out for sure we will be ranked.

I just got back. Crowd was great there was no Dad's weekend mythical let down.

As to UCLA we have a chance to beat anybody. We are already receiving some votes in the top-25 so really if we win out for sure we will be ranked.

Definitely a fun game to be in the stands at. It was a absolute blast this weekend.

Against UCLA, red zone efficiency is THE key to the game IMO. We will get there, but will we score 7? I don't think we can field-goal ourselves to the promised land this coming Saturday. I am all for red zone 4th down conversions then 1/2 to 2/3 of the time, because I think that's what it will take to win.

One amazing thing about this offense is that, since we figured out how to get it rolling, NOBODY has been able to stop it. Even Stanford allowed 400+, which shocked me. Take a look - format is "Opponent: Total Yards (Passing Yards)"
  • Portland State: 411 (289)
  • Rutgers: 559 (478)
  • Wyoming: 378 (303)
  • Cal: 403 (389)
  • Oregon: 641 (505)
  • OSU: 520 (407)
  • Arizona: 631 (514)
  • Stanford: 442 (354)
  • ASU: 512 (497)
Stanford's theretofore high-flying offense was limited to just 312 total yards - pathetic - but they average 1 point for every 11 yards of offense.

I have no doubt we will get it rolling on offense. And it bodes well that Rosen is not a running QB (they might think about cutting him loose...). With another Stanford-type effort, we can limit their offense, though probably still give up a considerable amount. I think it comes down to us walking away with 7 on red zone trips, rather than with 0-3.

Definitely a fun game to be in the stands at. It was a absolute blast this weekend.

It was I had a great time. The students pretty much stayed till the end...well done students! (Some left, but not many at all). It was nice to see them actual doing their job for once.

Against UCLA, red zone efficiency is THE key to the game IMO. We will get there, but will we score 7? I don't think we can field-goal ourselves to the promised land this coming Saturday. I am all for red zone 4th down conversions then 1/2 to 2/3 of the time, because I think that's what it will take to win.

One amazing thing about this offense is that, since we figured out how to get it rolling, NOBODY has been able to stop it. Even Stanford allowed 400+, which shocked me. Take a look - format is "Opponent: Total Yards (Passing Yards)"
  • Portland State: 411 (289)
  • Rutgers: 559 (478)
  • Wyoming: 378 (303)
  • Cal: 403 (389)
  • Oregon: 641 (505)
  • OSU: 520 (407)
  • Arizona: 631 (514)
  • Stanford: 442 (354)
  • ASU: 512 (497)
Stanford's theretofore high-flying offense was limited to just 312 total yards - pathetic - but they average 1 point for every 11 yards of offense.

I have no doubt we will get it rolling on offense. And it bodes well that Rosen is not a running QB (they might think about cutting him loose...). With another Stanford-type effort, we can limit their offense, though probably still give up a considerable amount. I think it comes down to us walking away with 7 on red zone trips, rather than with 0-3.

Yeah Leach's offense is pretty hard to stop once the pieces are in place. So much is thrown at people from backs out of the backfield, screens, rushing attack, verts, slants, wheel routes, mesh, posts

That's a lot to try and work around and stop...what can someone really do to stop it?

If they blitz well you saw what happened to ASU once Falk settled in and found the right reads. They got chewed up.

Drop 8 into coverage? Well you will get gashed by Harrington, Morrow, and Wicks.

Try and play a basic 4-3 cover 2? They'll just run their routes at the soft spots.

The whole design is smart. The spacing on the line to make the DE have to go further. The gun to give the QB more time. It's just going to get better. Falk technically has 2 more years after this... if he doesn't leave after RS Junior year and plays his RS Senior year he will have seen everything they could possibly throw at him. He'll just massacre people That Oregon State game will be the norm against everybody where we just blow out people.

I think we'll be fine. Them not having Miles Jack will help, and if they try to put pressure on Falk I just don't expect them to make it work for long...it definitely didn't work for ASU and they try and blitz more than anybody.

Really nice win, bowl to look forward to. Win next week and you're ranked.

I was pleasantly surprised with the crowd for Dad's Day. I don't know if this actually happened, but I wondered if the "standing room only" tickets were sold with the intent of allowing those fans to go sit in unused seats in the stadium to make it look better. It looked great.

I'm thrilled that we are officially bowl eligible, but I also like that Leach's take is that he would prefer "bowl guaranteed". Keep the team hungry for more. We talk about expectations and what kind of fans we are and while I will be thrilled with a UCLA win and getting ranked, I'm just happy that we took legitimate steps forward as a team this season and that it appears that we are shedding a lot of the mental blocks that killed us in the past. I'm glad that the team is hungry but I'm realistic enough to just enjoy where we are.

At the beginning of the season, I looked at how soft our schedule was and said that 9-3 would be our best record if everything went our way. Instead, we have a team that could be 9-0 if they had held onto the double digit leads that they had in the three losses. It's amazing to see the turnaround in the mentality of this team and how it plays. This is the first team since the Palouse Posse where we had a team facing a 3rd and short inside our territory where I thought, "We've got them right where we want them!". The downside is that I feel better about 3rd and 2 than I do 3rd and 12. Still, Grinch has done a fantastic job of changing the attitude on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT