ADVERTISEMENT

Good news on Pac-12 media rights agreement per Kirk Schulz

Biggs, you have made some good point points in this thread, but you don't really know shit about Higher ed, particularly public Higher Ed. I do, I spent 28 years in it, a lot of years at WSU, but at other places too. I worked for Sam Smith, Lane Rawlings, and Elson Floyd. Used to pee next to all of them in the 4th floor French Ad bathroom..

So get off your your high horse dude. You do not know shit. So STHU.

And I knew Sterk, Moos, and slick Rick Dickson.
0.jpg

This all makes so much more sense now.

Another "you can't avoid math" data point here from FSU's AD. As he points out, losing out on $30m every year relative to your competition just doesn't work for teams who want to be relevant nationally on more than a one-off basis.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
Another "you can't avoid math" data point here from FSU's AD. As he points out, losing out on $30m every year relative to your competition just doesn't work for teams who want to be relevant nationally on more than a one-off basis.

Good find 425.

Jon Wilner from the San Jose paper seems pretty confident the Pac-12 will land a good deal with ESPN and Amazon or Apple when all is said and done.

They say everything is supposed to be heading down the path of streaming at some point, but I wonder if Dr. Schultz and Mr. Chun are considering whether to take a serious look at moving to the Big 12?

That exposure on ESPN and FOX would be hard to beat compared to what Kiakloff is reportedly putting together.

Plus, CJD and his staff could really hit Texas hard in recruiting.

5-10 years from now, when streaming has fully taken hold, I think you're going to see more programs manage their own media rights deals. For example, how long is it going to take for programs like Ohio State and Texas to figure out that they can have their OWN streaming network and negotiate a portion of the network deal accordingly?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT