ADVERTISEMENT

Gunner Cruz

CougPatrol

Hall Of Fame
Dec 8, 2006
True freshman Gunner Cruz was given extended first team reps today, and apparently looked very sharp, completing 12-19 passes. Players were buzzing about his performance in the article I read. I’ve been high on Cruz’s potential, so this is great to hear.

Gage Gubrud also participated in some drills today, so he looks to be ahead of schedule on his rehab.

Reactions: acgcoug
I have 0 concern about the Cougs
True freshman Gunner Cruz was given extended first team reps today, and apparently looked very sharp, completing 12-19 passes. Players were buzzing about his performance in the article I read. I’ve been high on Cruz’s potential, so this is great to hear.

Gage Gubrud also participated in some drills today, so he looks to be ahead of schedule on his rehab.

I have 0 concern about the QB position this fall.

Article?

At the end of the video Coach Leach briefly speaks about Cruz.

Last edited:
I have 0 concern about the QB position this fall.

I’m not concerned about the long term future of the position, but this year has some question marks. Gordon and Tinsley, from what I’ve heard and from what I read in the article, have been spotty so far. Gubrud was obviously brought in to play this season, but he’s hurt. Cooper hasn’t gotten a mention, but it’s still early. The fact that Cruz is turning heads and is already taking over the huddle is s great sign.

I’m not concerned about the long term future of the position, but this year has some question marks. Gordon and Tinsley, from what I’ve heard and from what I read in the article, have been spotty so far. Gubrud was obviously brought in to play this season, but he’s hurt. Cooper hasn’t gotten a mention, but it’s still early. The fact that Cruz is turning heads and is already taking over the huddle is s great sign.

Cooper has gotten some first-team reps, too. From what I understand, this is just Cruz's turn to have some first-team reps, similar to what Cooper and Bledsoe already have. I don't think him getting these reps, in and of itself, indicates much about his current standing or long-term future, even though it sounds like he did well and he may be in line to earn the starting gig next year.

Cooper has gotten some first-team reps, too. From what I understand, this is just Cruz's turn to have some first-team reps..

I haven’t heard much of anything about Cooper, apart from message board poster hyperbole. I hope one of them takes off like a kite and claims the position.

I haven’t heard much of anything about Cooper, apart from message board poster hyperbole. I hope one of them takes off like a kite and claims the position.

I predict that, unlike CML's tendency, that we will see all 3 seniors play this year. There will be an injury or two, someone will shine or not shine.

I predict that, unlike CML's tendency, that we will see all 3 seniors play this year. There will be an injury or two, someone will shine or not shine.

I suspect Leach is very good at communicating to the QB roster that there’s only QB who plays, so earn it. Given that, this is a critical Spring/Fall season for Cooper and Cruz. One of them is going to emerge as *the guy* for 2020 and beyond.

I suspect Leach is very good at communicating to the QB roster that there’s only QB who plays, so earn it. Given that, this is a critical Spring/Fall season for Cooper and Cruz. One of them is going to emerge as *the guy* for 2020 and beyond.

I just hope Leach doesn't make the same mistakes he made when he lined up DeGrenier, Deeds, and Pattinson to replace Bledsoe, and when he stocked up at QB with Menckebaum after Leaf went pro.

Cooper has gotten some first-team reps, too. From what I understand, this is just Cruz's turn to have some first-team reps, similar to what Cooper and Bledsoe already have. I don't think him getting these reps, in and of itself, indicates much about his current standing or long-term future, even though it sounds like he did well and he may be in line to earn the starting gig next year.

Generally, spring reps don’t mean much. A lot of guys are out or not on campus. Don’t read too much into it.

Generally, spring reps don’t mean much. A lot of guys are out or not on campus. Don’t read too much into it.
Fall ball is the final determinate. There were some players mentioned repeatedly during last year's spring practice that aren't on the roster:)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT