ADVERTISEMENT

Has anyone consoled the Announcers Yet?

Greg McElroy is awful. Like turn off the sound awful. Leaf far better in his first year. ESPN or Fox would do well to jump on him with a contract and some coaching.

Reactions: earldacoug
Greg McElroy is awful. Like turn off the sound awful. Leaf far better in his first year. ESPN or Fox would do well to jump on him with a contract and some coaching.

He played for Nick Saban!

Crappy yes, bit I didn’t pick up biased. He didn’t learn much about football handing the ball off at Bama.

They did spend a lot of airtime talking about ISU's best players but except for Minshew seemed to know very little about Coug players like Patman-Williams and Borghi. I thought they were pretty bad. To me the most frustrating part was they spent 3-4 minutes in the 3rd quarter. previewing the playoff games tomorrow while a close hard fought football game was being played in front of them.

They did spend a lot of airtime talking about ISU's best players but except for Minshew seemed to know very little about Coug players like Patman-Williams and Borghi. I thought they were pretty bad. To me the most frustrating part was they spent 3-4 minutes in the 3rd quarter. previewing the playoff games tomorrow while a close hard fought football game was being played in front of them.
That playoff game hype was maddening.....as if there wasn't enough talk about it during halftime in the studio. It was as if the Alamo Bowl was a sideshow to those guys....at least during that stretch where all they talked about was Kyler Murray, Bama defense, etc.... Pasch & McElroy should've known quite a bit about the Cougs. They had done at least one of our games earlier in the year.

Glad Cougar

Reactions: rity and earldacoug
This.

They knew nothing about the Cougs except Minshew.

Oh God... he were go... "the announcers were biased against the Cougs, just like the world is, it's why we didn't make a NY6 and we should have been in the playoff...blah blah blah" JFC... lol this is pathetic.

That playoff game hype was maddening.....as if there wasn't enough talk about it during halftime in the studio. It was as if the Alamo Bowl was a sideshow to those guys....at least during that stretch where all they talked about was Kyler Murray, Bama defense, etc.... Pasch & McElroy should've known quite a bit about the Cougs. They had done at least one of our games earlier in the year.

Glad Cougar
Halftime was insane. We were strapping in for a nailbiter and the halftime commentary was exclusively about other games. Didn't even waste 10 seconds talking about the slobberknocker taking place on their own broadcast.

Oh God... he were go... "the announcers were biased against the Cougs, just like the world is, it's why we didn't make a NY6 and we should have been in the playoff...blah blah blah" JFC... lol this is pathetic.
Hmmm. All of your “good” friends must have canceled their Friday night parties.

Didn't say anything of the sort. Greg McElroy should be doing color on high school games in Alabama, that's all. He's not good.

ESPN announcers have been dreadful all year. Easily the worst group of announcers when compared to Fox Sports or even the Pac-12 network. I'm not claiming bad in some sort of biased manner either, they are just bad college football announcers.

Glad Cougar
They did the USC and Cal games and McElroy seemed to defend the ref calls throughout. Brings no insight or perspective.

As a color commentator he’s as exciting as beige.
I don't understand what the problem was with the announcers. Pretty much saw what seemed to piss off Grippi. Of course Sanders is going to claim that Strong did nothing wrong and agree that he shouldn't be shunned on the sideline, but even Claeys saw the play and knew what was going to happen in regards to the new rules...taunting...and he was pissed. There's two sides to each outcome and the Cougs came out on top. Don't care if it was a .5 point win...they win. Still like Greg as a young analyst...deal with it. it's just an opinion. Hated it when Jaws was taken out of the MNF booth because he didn't kiss Gruden's ass. I heard several good things from the broadcast...such as the WSU was underrated...and several things that are listed in Gripi's article. Some only heard that Dillard wasn't called for a penalty and that's it.I don't get it.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/dec/28/tv-take-gardner-minshew-makes-most-of-final-showin/

For me it's McElroy's voice. He sounds like he should be reading Bible stories to Sunday Schoolers sitting Indian style. He has the most boyish, white collar pipes I've ever heard. Reminds me of the Ball State kid:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT