ADVERTISEMENT

Hello, Mr. Crow...

79COUG

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 19, 2008
Let me introduce you to my knife and fork.

I SO thought this game was over...

Let me introduce you to my knife and fork.

I SO thought this game was over...
I'm with you. These next few weeks will be very interesting. Falk got his head sloshed I can't think he will be cleared for next week. If Hillinski lights it up...???

I'm with you. These next few weeks will be very interesting. Falk got his head sloshed I can't think he will be cleared for next week. If Hillinski lights it up...???

I think Falk gets the start next week.....but I'd be fine with Hilinski. If he plays, you can guarantee that Falk knows that the hook is ready if he isn't great moving forward.

bullshit. he got sat because he wouldnt/couldn't find receivers.

and I say good. we lose with Falk at the helm this game - he was in his Falk funk.
Dude he he couldn't walk off the field by himself!! I was with the announcers I can't believe he was cleared to come back in...you think he was? Regardless, he deserved to be on the bench last night either way and Hillinski deserves a shot to lead this team considering Falks recent performances (sans MSU -I think it's reasonable to assume your backup could have done the same against that team).

I didn't think they would come back as well. Congratulations to the coaching staff and players for not giving up and making our dreams come true.

79, that gave me a laugh. Thanks! My wife's exact words at 31-10 was "stick a fork in them; they're done". We've had the "it isn't over 'til it's over" discussion many times in the almost 40 years we've been together (met at WSU). I usually am being berated for not giving up. The crow dinner in my house last night was particularly satisfying.

Go Cougs!

Reactions: YakiCoug and 79COUG
Thought there was no way back. Down 21 in the 4th quarter that's a reasonable conclusion. Extremely glad it ended in a win! Falk/QB situation aside they can build on gut check win come from behind win.

Last edited:
Falk has taken some nasty head shots over his career. I was surprised he passed concussion protocols on at least two occasions in prior years. Last night he hit the ground hard with his head, and took another helmet to helmet when he was down. I think the cumulative impact of injuries has impacted his game.

Falk has taken some nasty head shots over his career. I was surprised he passed concussion protocols on at least two occasions in prior years. Last night he hit the ground hard with his head, and took another helmet to helmet when he was down. I think the cumulative impact of injuries has impacted his game.

He looked like a deer in headlights from the beginning. He just seemed out of it from the get go, and it only got worse. Even the long pass that set up a TD was underthrown and thrown too late. One of the few times he got the ball off early it was poorly thrown and picked off deep in donkey territory. Something is wrong.

He looked like a deer in headlights from the beginning. He just seemed out of it from the get go, and it only got worse. Even the long pass that set up a TD was underthrown and thrown too late. One of the few times he got the ball off early it was poorly thrown and picked off deep in donkey territory. Something is wrong.

I re-watched the play where he threw a pick on the first drive. What sucks is that there was a wide receiver wide open in the other corner of the endzone. It was good defense by BSU because the DB stayed on him until Falk and checked past him, but throwing into double coverage was dumb. He would have been better off looking back to the other corner.

I re-watched the play where he threw a pick on the first drive. What sucks is that there was a wide receiver wide open in the other corner of the endzone. It was good defense by BSU because the DB stayed on him until Falk and checked past him, but throwing into double coverage was dumb. He would have been better off looking back to the other corner.
Perhaps, but Falk has made exactly that throw for touchdowns in games probably 20+ times. If he'd put it where he usually does, that was 6. I don't think Falk has fully been himself since he was almost ground into paste at UCLA a couple years back. The guy that won that duel with Rosen, that possibly saved the program under Leach at Rutgers, that guy hasn't been around much since. He chews up bad defenses, or defenses that have a bad day like Stanford did last year, but against quality opposition that shows up I haven't seen that since.

Dude he he couldn't walk off the field by himself!! I was with the announcers I can't believe he was cleared to come back in...you think he was? Regardless, he deserved to be on the bench last night either way and Hillinski deserves a shot to lead this team considering Falks recent performances (sans MSU -I think it's reasonable to assume your backup could have done the same against that team).

I'm sure Falk was roughed up. But we've seen this movie before (not referring to the injuries...but to Falk's tendency to freeze up and go mental). I don't expect Falk to be supplanted as starter (that would not be a fair act) at this point, but if he continues to have a mental freeze on throwing the ball, he'll be pulled in favor of "Helsinki". As he should.

Falk is so frustrating to watch. The more time he has in the pocket, the less likely he is to have a good outcome. It's kind of amazing and certainly counter-intuitive.

I hope Falk figures it out starting this Saturday. For a guy who has some NFL aspirations, he has to learn to make big throws into some smaller windows, at least on occasion, instead of always checking down if there isn't a guy running completely free. Not news to anyone here when I say the windows in the NFL are a lot tighter. If he thinks nobody is open with Pac-12 receivers running around against Montana State or Boise State, he'll have a hell of a time adjusting to the NFL. (And in case it's not clear, I'm pulling for him and think he's capable of doing it.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT