ADVERTISEMENT

How will recruiting go?

Historian Ed forgets his history again. Green was injured in the first half, Gesser in the second. Hunt blew the snap count at the goal line. And don't forget that Price puckered up.

How many picks did Huard contribute in 1997? Six?

Green was always injured. So what's your point?

U

Its not just the Snow, altho that BLIZZARD was bad enough.

BAD, CORRUP PAC 12 REFS JOBBED, HOSED LEACH OUT OF BEATING USC.

Now you can say all you want that Leach, WSU could have made the game not close, so that the officiating wouldnt have made a difference.

BUT:

This was USC, not some measly Ore St, or PSU. That game was a TOUGH GAME, MATCH UP, CLOSE game, NOT because WSU didnt play well enough, but because despite WSU playing good enough to deserve to win, USC was USC tough.

It would be different if it was PSU/Ore St, and the BAD, Corrupt Pac 12 Refs, were to JOB, HOSE WSU/Leach out of beating PSU/Ore St. If that were to happen, I think most would blame Leach/WSU, not the Pac 12 Refs.

But it wasnt PSU/Ore St, it was USC, in a TOUGH, CLOSE game.

It would be like if that had happened in the National Championship game between Clemson, and Alabama, and the game werecto be close, EVERYBODY would RIGHTFULLY BLAME THE REFS.

Its like what happened to the SEAHAWKS. the Seahawks had to beat the JETS to get into the playoffs. Vinny Testaverde did about a 6 yard TD, with seconds left in the game, that would have won the game for the SEAHAWKS. But the Refs called Vinny 1.5 yards short of the End Zone line.

BUT Instant replay ABSOLUTELY Clearly showed Vinny EASILY getting into the Endzone.

The REFS, NFL BLEW that game. And became a laughing stock over it.

Seahawks WON that game. That game, season gets a ASTERIX.

Well similarly to that Minshewed was marching to a TD, and was about close to being in the Red Zone. And Minshew was clearly Roughed, Targeted. And it wasnt ticky tacky. IT WAS BLATANTLY OBVIOUS. And even after the game ESPN, FOX, and the rest of the Football Sports nation, highlighted it, for days, weeks. The Pac 12 officiating, was the LAUGHING STOCK of the whole country over it.

The BAD CORRUPT(i say corrupt, because of the corruption scandal over the game), PAC 12 REFS, OFFICIATING JOBBED, HOSED WSU/Leach, out of probably beating USC.

If they would have called roughing the passer, targeting like they SHOULD HAVE DONE, Minshew/WSU/Leach, would have found a way to win that game, as the Penalty would have put WSU either 1st and 10 or 1st and goal, close, closer to the end zone, with about 20 to 40 to 60 seconds left, with MOMENTUM, with the USC defense TIRED.

Call that making excuses all you want. But it is a LEGIT excuse. BAD CORRUPT OFFICIATING JOBBED, HOSED WSU/Leach,/Minshew out of beating USC, the same way the Seahawks were by bad officiating.

That's 1 more win, A 12, Twelve win season, if win the bowl. If dont win the bowl, it would have been a 11 win season, and it would have been a Rosebowl, or Fiesta Bowl, or NY6, and maybe even a play off season, all RUINED BECAUSE OF LAME ASS BAD CORRUPT PAC 12 REFS.

WSU/LEACH gets ASTERIX, TECHNICAL CREDIT FOR that kind of season and for being A COMPARABLE HIGH to Price's 97, 2001,2002 years.

Mik...I guess part of me would buy the snow thing if UW had Brock Huard, a Drew Bledsoe, a Ryan Leaf type where the snow MAY not bother them as much as a smaller QB like Jake Browning. But Browning was what----4-0 against us? And the games were not close, snow or no snow.

The fact that you constantly think people are lying about a subject as meaningless as football is telling.

You are paranoid. Probably believe in the boogeyman as well.

No. I dislike lies and misinformation. You two contribute a lot of both.

Well...don't disagree they refs clearly missed a targeting. And I bet USC fans could look at things with that same lens and say Helton got screwed. USC was 4-5. We aren't talking about Washington in 18.

Its not just the TARGETING Ed, ROUGHING THE PASSER should have also been called. And it wasnt ticky tacky, it was BLATANTLY OBVIOUS.

Also Ed, the Refs were bad, corrupt because there is the corruption scandal of the Pac 12 head of officiating interfering with, directing Refs on whether to review, call targeting or not. While he wasnt caught doing that on the Minshew play, and was on a different play, who knows if he might have done that on the Minshew play, and might have told the Refs not to review, call targeting on the Minshew play, and not got caught, like he did with the other play.

And your wrong about what your saying about supposed missed calls that went against USC thing you said.

1. There wasnt anything as big, as game effecting, at such a critical time, etc, that hit USC.

Somewhere between most to almost all the possible penalties that were missed, not called on WSU, were TICKY TACKY extremely small stuff, at a lot less critical times, that did not have a big effect on the game.

2. Even some USC fans agreed that WSU got JOBBED, HOSED by the Refs.

3. The couple, few, some USC fans that did complain in the type, fashion you said, were RIGHTLY RIDICULED by most of the NON WSU football sports fans, ESPN, FOX, media, etc.

The bottom line Ed, is that a BADLY missed call DECIDED the game in USC's favor, its as bad as the bad call that Jobbed, Hosed the Seahawks at the end of the game.

There is a REASON why the Pac 12 officiating was a LAUGHING STOCK because of the bad call for weeks, by fans, media, etc.

There is a reason why several non wsu fans, media, etc, said WSU won that game, and that Pac 12 refs jobbed, Hosed WSU.

And there is a reason why none of that happened for USC.

USC: Yes USC was technically 4-5 by the end of the season, but wasnt that at the time that WSU played them.

Historically, whether USC is good or bad, USC ALMOST ALWAYS BEATS WSU, NO MATTER HOW AWESOME WSU IS.

There are of course a couple, few, exceptions to that, but they are few, rare.

Next USC was, is a much better team then their record. The only reason why USC wasnt 8-4, 9-3, 10-2, 11-1, etc, was because of HELTON. If USC would have had a GOOD COACH, USC would have had a better record.

So you can pretty much throw out the 4-5 record. Everybody knows, should know that USC is a Historical BLUE BLOOD, 11-1, PAC 12 CHAMP, etc, team, WITH 4,5 STAR PLAYERS, WITH BETTER PLAYERS THEN WSU.

USC played WSU with a 12-0 EFFORT, thats why the game was so close.

WSU played good enough to win, deserved to win, technically won that game, but technically didnt because of a BAD MISSED CALL.

it wasnt a case of WSU not playing good enough. It wasnt a case of WSU playing a PSU/Ore St team.

This was FREAKING USC, that despite the end of the season 4-5 record, is still FREAKING USC, that ALMOST ALWAYS PLAYS WSU TOUGH, CLOSE.

And its not just me thats said, saying that.

The media, NON WSU FANS, etc, from all over the country recognized that WSU was jobbed, hosed out of a tough, close win over a USC type, tough, close game, and not over a PSU/Ore St type.

If it had been a PSU/Ore St, NO ONE WOULD HAVE CARED.

But since it was USC, and not PSU/Ore St, almost everyone cared.

I suggest you go back to law school and learn the definition of a lie.

Name calling is not a lie. Someone who disagrees with you is not a lie.

I must say that I do find the above quote funny. You're an attorney. HELLO!!

I suggest you go back to elementary school and learn reading comprehension.

Since you need to be reminded of your lies and misinformation, you have your signature "Leach won't get it gone here." You also have your constant misunderstanding of Leach's offense and demands to run the ball more when doing so was pointless. Considering Leach is either the best or second best coach in modern program history, you sure had a lot of mindless criticism. Will your comeback be something like HELLO!! Or maybe a image copied from the Internet?

I suggest you go back to elementary school and learn reading comprehension.

Since you need to be reminded of your lies and misinformation, you have your signature "Leach won't get it gone here." You also have your constant misunderstanding of Leach's offense and demands to run the ball more when doing so was pointless. Considering Leach is either the best or second best coach in modern program history, you sure had a lot of mindless criticism. Will your comeback be something like HELLO!! Or maybe a image copied from the Internet?

Nah...I'll come back by telling you to look up the difference between and opinion and a lie. The internet is your friend.

You keep harping on my statement made while inebriated. That was an opinion. Not a lie.

I'm embarrassed that I even have to point that out to you.

Mik...I guess part of me would buy the snow thing if UW had Brock Huard, a Drew Bledsoe, a Ryan Leaf type where the snow MAY not bother them as much as a smaller QB like Jake Browning. But Browning was what----4-0 against us? And the games were not close, snow or no snow.

UW had the RUNNING GAME. UW's offense is, was somewhere between running the ball thru either the RB, or QB(Jake Browning), about 43% to 63% of the time, then either play action, roll out, bootleg, run/pass option, passing about 39 to 49% of time.

It works for them, and more especially works for them in Blizzards, 1,2 feet of Snow, Ice.

Why cant WSU do that too?

WSU's Air Raid also works for them as well. The only times it doesnt work is in Blizzards, 1, 2, 3 feet of Snow, Ice, heavy, fast, wind, etc.

The reason why that's ok, is because those conditions extremely rarely almost never happen.

But when it does happen, it works against WSU's Air Raid.

So Why doesnt WSU just take a page out of UW's book and run the ball more?

1. Because if WSU were to do that and run as much as UW does, did, they would get STUFFED, both regularly, and more especially, because:

2. WSU doesnt have the right type to do that.

Why doesnt WSU then get thr right type to do that?

1. Because getting the right type to run more, and or as much, or as straight up as UW, etc, woukd be extremely hard for WSU. Its easier for WSU to recruit to Mike Price's spread passing attack, Leach's Air Raid, Rolo's Run and Shoot(Should be called PASS AND RUN)

2. Because of recruiting disadvsntages, etc, WSU cant do it the same way, straight up running. They WSU have to do it different, and that means a Air Raid, a Run and Shoot, a spread passing attack, etc.

Unfortunately that means giving up a Snowbowl as a loss.

But thats a worthwhile trade off for a 11-1(Not 10-2, WSU, Leach Beat USC), Rosebowl, Pac 12 champ, NY6, Fiesta Bowl, season.

But that said, its still extremely bad luck for WSU to have to play in EXTREME BAD WEATHER.

Why was WSU able to win the Snowbowl with Price then?

That's because Price had Shaumbe Wright Faire, 6 ft 1.5 in. about 213+ pounds back that could run over, thru, under, around, past, juke, make defenders miss, faster, etc, then defenders, that ran more. And because Drew Bledsoe was a WA highschool QB that was used to playing in the snow.

If the Snowbowl had happened to in some of Prices other successful years, where Price didnt have as good a running back, where ran the ball less, where didnt have a QB used to playing in the snow, etc, and if UW at the time, had run the ball more, and had a Browning like QB, and not pass happy QB's, Price would have probably lost the Snowbowl to UW

Price winning the Snowbowl was a OUTLIER.

Most of the time, WSU is going to lose a Snowbowl to UW.

Its hard enough to beat the Huskies. If Leaf, or Guesser had had to play UW in a Snowbowl there would probably would have been about a 63% chance that WSU would have lost because of the Snow.

And if 97 had been a Snowbowl, and if WSU/Price/Leaf had lost because of that.

I would be saying the same thing that WSU/Price/Leaf just got unlucky that they had to play in the Snow, and that if it wasnt for the Snow, WSU/Price/Leaf, would have gone to the Rosebowl.

Nah...I'll come back by telling you to look up the difference between and opinion and a lie. The internet is your friend.

You keep harping on my statement made while inebriated. That was an opinion. Not a lie.

I'm embarrassed that I even have to point that out to you.

You should be embarrassed for many reasons. Reading comprehension being one.

Look up misinformation while you're at it. Your new found googling abilities are impressive.

Look up misinformation while you're at it. Your new found googling abilities are impressive.

You don't know the definition of misinformation, either. Look that up as well as the definition of an opinion.

The internet is your friend. Get to it.

Look up lie, and you really believe anyone on this board has an intent to deceive. If you do you take this sh!t way too seriously.

UW had the RUNNING GAME. UW's offense is, was somewhere between running the ball thru either the RB, or QB(Jake Browning), about 43% to 63% of the time, then either play action, roll out, bootleg, run/pass option, passing about 39 to 49% of time.

It works for them, and more especially works for them in Blizzards, 1,2 feet of Snow, Ice.

Why cant WSU do that too?

WSU's Air Raid also works for them as well. The only times it doesnt work is in Blizzards, 1, 2, 3 feet of Snow, Ice, heavy, fast, wind, etc.

The reason why that's ok, is because those conditions extremely rarely almost never happen.

But when it does happen, it works against WSU's Air Raid.

So Why doesnt WSU just take a page out of UW's book and run the ball more?

1. Because if WSU were to do that and run as much as UW does, did, they would get STUFFED, both regularly, and more especially, because:

2. WSU doesnt have the right type to do that.

Why doesnt WSU then get thr right type to do that?

1. Because getting the right type to run more, and or as much, or as straight up as UW, etc, woukd be extremely hard for WSU. Its easier for WSU to recruit to Mike Price's spread passing attack, Leach's Air Raid, Rolo's Run and Shoot(Should be called PASS AND RUN)

2. Because of recruiting disadvsntages, etc, WSU cant do it the same way, straight up running. They WSU have to do it different, and that means a Air Raid, a Run and Shoot, a spread passing attack, etc.

Unfortunately that means giving up a Snowbowl as a loss.

But thats a worthwhile trade off for a 11-1(Not 10-2, WSU, Leach Beat USC), Rosebowl, Pac 12 champ, NY6, Fiesta Bowl, season.

But that said, its still extremely bad luck for WSU to have to play in EXTREME BAD WEATHER.

Why was WSU able to win the Snowbowl with Price then?

That's because Price had Shaumbe Wright Faire, 6 ft 1.5 in. about 213+ pounds back that could run over, thru, under, around, past, juke, make defenders miss, faster, etc, then defenders, that ran more. And because Drew Bledsoe was a WA highschool QB that was used to playing in the snow.

If the Snowbowl had happened to in some of Prices other successful years, where Price didnt have as good a running back, where ran the ball less, where didnt have a QB used to playing in the snow, etc, and if UW at the time, had run the ball more, and had a Browning like QB, and not pass happy QB's, Price would have probably lost the Snowbowl to UW

Price winning the Snowbowl was a OUTLIER.

Most of the time, WSU is going to lose a Snowbowl to UW.

Its hard enough to beat the Huskies. If Leaf, or Guesser had had to play UW in a Snowbowl there would probably would have been about a 63% chance that WSU would have lost because of the Snow.

And if 97 had been a Snowbowl, and if WSU/Price/Leaf had lost because of that.

I would be saying the same thing that WSU/Price/Leaf just got unlucky that they had to play in the Snow, and that if it wasnt for the Snow, WSU/Price/Leaf, would have gone to the Rosebowl.

Mik...It doesn't happen until it does. 88, 92, 94, 96 cold and snowed i believe earlier in the day. Heck it even snowed before the game in Seattle in 85. I get why we couldn't throw it, or the theory behind it. But there is something to be said that Wilcox and Lake have it figured out in sunshine, rain, and snow. But I will bite that it is a bad match-up in the snow. why hasn't it been close the last so many years? Why is Browning with a pop gun arm able to manage, why are they able to beat us up on the ground. Why has Lake thrown it in Leach's face that it is an easy offense to stop.

I never once argued coaches don't build it in different ways. Actually quite the contrary. I have said Price had a keen eye for talent, moved players into positions other coaches couldn't see. I said he was very good at it. He made Shawn McWashington, scholie player, (I am surprised you didn't know that...if I may quote you again) a WR, Nian Taylor a RB moved to WR. Other coaches weren't recruiting them for that position. I think other schools were recruiting Long to play TE, Trufant to play RB. That is how Price built it.

I never once said Leach doesn't know how to take a two star player and fit in his offensive system. Not once.

You are correct, Price didn't win a title when James was at UW, probably in part because James left early into Price's tenure. Price did something no one since 1931 until 1997, and no one has done since 2002, including Leach.

Just an aside, not sure what the big continent did to be an all american his junior year when his own conference didn't have him in the top 10 lineman in the conference, it always seemed to be an odd pick to me.

And of course I would expect Leach to do more than Price, simply because he had 10 years of D1 football under his belt in a major conference. Price came from Weber State. That alone should have given Leach more cred in the homes of recruits.

It is funny you mention the reason (and I will say that word again---reason) Leach had bad luck in the snow, and I am not sure I disagree with you. Some , probably Leach included if that was someone else would say that is an excuse. Others would say he should have adapted slightly to accommodate the winds and potential snow on the Palouse.

So I can make this very clear to you....I think Price was very good at getting talent others did not want or could not see, moving them on both sides of the ball. Leach in some cases didn't need to do that because offensively he had a plug and play system. Did he move players off their "recruited position", yes. He just didn't do it with the near the amount of time Price did. It would be akin to me saying Leach doesn't run trick plays, and then someone could say not true he ran a double pass in 2005.

Also, Leach did win more consistently than Price. But he had losing seasons in 12, 13, 14. Won in 15, 16, 17 and 18, and in my book took a huge step back in 19.

I very much appreciate what Leach did at WSU and there is a very personal reason I am sad that he is gone. Am I glad he left professionally? I wish he took the Tennessee job for numerous reasons. One, clearly a huge step up, not a side step to MSU. (plus Tenn doesn't have that stupid cow bell) I think he would have enjoyed way more success at Tenn than he will at MSU.

I also think he would have left a better program for the next coach to come in if he left for Tennessee. And he would have left on a real high vs some of the wearing things that happened in 2019. I disagree with Biggs when he says he lost his fire. I am not sure coaches lose it. But I think the job was for whatever reason wearing on him in 2019.

If it's true that Leach left Pullman after spring ball and didn't come back until fall camp started... spending all that time off campus and in Key West... those aren't the actions of a coach grinding to win a title. Those are the actions of a coach seeing the horizon of his career come and getting his sailboat ready.

The fire is gone. He likes the idea of winning. No way he is 24/7/365 like he was in years past.

If it's true that Leach left Pullman after spring ball and didn't come back until fall camp started... spending all that time off campus and in Key West... those aren't the actions of a coach grinding to win a title. Those are the actions of a coach seeing the horizon of his career come and getting his sailboat ready.

The fire is gone. He likes the idea of winning. No way he is 24/7/365 like he was in years past.

I am not sure he hasn't always been that way...except first two years to get things straightened out.

Mik...It doesn't happen until it does. 88, 92, 94, 96 cold and snowed i believe earlier in the day. Heck it even snowed before the game in Seattle in 85. I get why we couldn't throw it, or the theory behind it. But there is something to be said that Wilcox and Lake have it figured out in sunshine, rain, and snow. But I will bite that it is a bad match-up in the snow. why hasn't it been close the last so many years? Why is Browning with a pop gun arm able to manage, why are they able to beat us up on the ground. Why has Lake thrown it in Leach's face that it is an easy offense to stop.

A little tiny bit of cold, little tiny bit of frost, snow falling, before, after the game isnt a big deal, as long as it doesnt intensify DURING THE ACTUAL GAME.

1,2,3,4 feet of Snow, BLIZZARD, Hail, extremely Heavy wind DURING THE ACTUAL GAME, make it almost impossible to PASS THE BALL EFFECTIVELY, even more so when you dont have QB's, WR's used to passing, catching in EXTREME BAD SNOW/BLIZZARD conditions.

88/94, etc, your ERRANT long list of years is WRONG. They didnt have such EXTREME conditions messing up the PASSING GAME.

Only 92 the SNOW BOWL with its 1,2,3,4 feet of snow was comparable to 2018.

Lake, Wilcox did have a answer to the Air Raid(And not just the Air Raid, because it would have worked against Price's Spread Passing Attack, and Rolo's Run and Shoot(Should be called Pass and Run).

But it wasnt a Easy Answer.

1. You have to have 4,5 star Best of the Best DB's, and coaching scheme to stop it.

UW/Cal were, was among the couple, few that could do that.

2. You have to get pressure with only a 2,3 man DL front. Again as with Point 1 above, UW, Cal were, was the couple, that could do that.

3. You have to PRETEND to STACK the Box before the Snap, then at the last second, right before the snap drop everybody in the Box back into pass coverage.

Thats because the Air Raid and other Pass Heavy Offenses do a Box count. If 5 or less in Box, QB, checks to a Run.

The way to counter that is to Pretend to Stack the Box, forcing the QB to always pass, not check to the run, and then after the QB decides to pass and not check to run, but before the snap, drop everybody back into pass coverage.

The only counter for that, is to purposely call a run, and then run it even if box is stuffed, regardless of whether Defense is pretending to stuff the Box or not, because if Defense is pretending and drop back into pass coverage, then gona have a big run play.

But the WSU offense cant counter that by calling run plays and then running them, because thats not how the offense works.

Its not the HC that calls the running plays. Its the QB's that check into a run at the line of scrimmage based on box count of 4,5 or less in box, then check into run.

Not just any team, coach can do that, figure that out, and not every coach, team has the right personel to do that. If that wasntvthe case, more would be a bad match up for WSU.

So yes; absolutly, because of that, thats why UW, Cal were bad match ups for WSU while not bad match ups for other teams.

But like the snow thing, its a good trade off. Yeah you have 1,2 bad match ups, but you have a lot of good match ups too.

And yeah UW was a bad match up, that is harder for WSU, Air Raid, etc, to beat, but Minshew's 2018 team would probably have beat UW, just like Leaf beat UW en route to the Rosrbowl. If Leaf's team had had to play UW in the conditions that Minshew experienced, Leaf would probably have also lost, not gone to Rosebowl.

Playing against UW is hard enough. Dont need a EXTREMELY BAD 1,2,3,4 FEET OF SNOW, HAIL, ICE, BLIZZARD, ETC, DURING THE ACTUAL GAME TO HINDER WSU"S PASSING ATTACK, AND HELP UW BEAT WSU.

Only 92 the SNOW BOWL with its 1,2,3,4 feet of snow was comparable to 2018.

Which is it? Because 4 inches of snow is 4x the amount of snow as 1 foot of snow.

Thats because the Air Raid and other Pass Heavy Offenses do a Box count. If 5 or less in Box, QB, checks to a Run.

Oh BS.

That is the offense in theory...but not in reality.

UW has rushed 3 and dropped 8 on us for years...but did we check to the run? No.

Look up lie, and you really believe anyone on this board has an intent to deceive. If you do you take this sh!t way too seriously.

After being told repeatedly that no one was ever sprayed with a hose in freezing temperatures you continued to spread that narrative. Even as recently as last year. Surely, you understand that player treatment is an important issue, especially since Leach was accused of locking Adam James in a closet. Clearly your repeated posts on the subject had the ability to harm the program. If you did not intend to deceive what was your intent in continuing to spread that misinformation?

Another example can be found in this thread. You said Leach couldn’t figure out how to make something of guys that were too small, too slow or were lacking in other tangibles. Leach’s career is built on doing more with less. He even taught a lecture class on asymmetrical warfare with Baumgartner. Again, if you did not intend to deceive what was your intent in continuing to spread such misinformation?

Which is it? Because 4 inches of snow is 4x the amount of snow as 1 foot of snow.

Oh BS.

UW has rushed 3 and dropped 8 on us for years...but did we check to the run? No.

It was actually 2.

The scheme was not run according to its philosophy and rules. It is a passing scheme in name only. If truly run to its philosophy and rules, MB would have had 40 carries per game and it would have looked like the “ground raid.”

Oh BS.

No not BS. EXTREMELY BAD WEATHER HURTS AIR RAID, PASSING ATTACK.

The reason why didnt check to a run:

1. You needed a Minshew, QB who would check to a run. A Halliday type QB almost never checked to a run.

2. Even tho its up to the QB to call a run, check to a run in a Air Raid, most of the WSU QB's didnt check to a run.

3. PART OF THE REASON WHY THE QB DIDNT CHECK TO A RUN, WAS BECAUSE UW, CAL WOULD PRETEND TO PUT 7,8,9 IN THE BOX, THEN DROP 8,9 INTO COVERAGE AFTER IT WAS TO LATE TO AUDIBLE, CHECK TO A RUN.

Yes there was times when there was only 3 in the Box and the QB didnt check into a run. But that's on the QB, not on the AIR RAID, passing attack.

But even if the WSU QB was to check into the run every time that 4,5 or less in Box, like with Minshew, an or even if it was a Minshew, Falk type checking into the run, when 4,5 or less in Box, UW, CAL, DID pretend to stack the Box to force Minshew/Falk to check to the run less.

That was part of UW/Cal figuring out how to defend, stop the Air Raid.

The other parts were UW, Cal having good enough players, system, etc, to drop 8, rush 2.3, while being able to get pressure out of the 2,3 rushers, while being able to defend with one of the best back 7's, back 8's in the country.

That's why UW, Cal could shut down WSU's Air Raid, passing attack, when others couldnt.

It was actually 2.

The scheme was not run according to its philosophy and rules. It is a passing scheme in name only. If truly run to its philosophy and rules, MB would have had 40 carries per game and it would have looked like the “ground raid.”

This ^^^^^^^^

So altho I wasnt exact, I did know that it was between 1 ft of snow at the least, to 2 ft, 3 ft of Snow as the probable, and 4 ft of snow at the extreme maximum. I knew the amount would be about 2 ft of snow and would fall in the range I gave. Since I didnt know the exact specific amount, I gave a pretty accurate, fair RANGE. And that range was right. It was 1,2,3,4 ft of Snow.

It was actually 2.

16 to 32 carries for MB. It would only be 40 or more carries for MB, until teams stop dropping 7,8,9 into coverage, and dropped 5,6,7 into coverage.

The offense is really taking what the defense gives you according to a box count. If the Box count is high, you pass a lot. If the Box count is low, you run a lot. Its all about using space, every blade of grass on the field, via pass or run, whatever the defense will give you via the Box Count, and what the field coverage looks like.

Sometimes that means you pass a lot. Sometimes that means you run a lot. Sometimes you mix it up back and forth between run and pass. Sometimes thats 63% pass, 37% run, sometimes that is 50/50 sometimes that is flip flopped, sometime 80% pass, 20% run, sometimes flip flopped.

But thats only if the scheme is run right by both the QB, and the HC, according to the philosophy, scheme.

Leach, and WSU QB's, didnt run the True Air Raid Philosophy, Scheme, as well as Leach did at Tech, Kentucky, Oklahoma, etc.

I do not have a PhD in football, though I've loved the game for 50-ish years. What I could never figure out was why Leach did not have a single word audible that could be used during the snap count that would automatically convert into a specific running play. Maybe repeat the same word a couple of times. Something that didn't telegraph the audible for all to see. Ideally, two of these...one to each side of the line. So the other team did not have time to adjust and could not be sure that an audible was being called. ESPECIALLY during Apple Cup games, when Lake would dis Leach as being too dumb to take advantage of the 2 and 3 man rushes. That was not a difference athletes, it was a difference in coaching philosophy. And clearly, Leach was unable to rise to the occasion. It will be interesting to see if he still approaches this the same way at Miss St.

Reactions: spongeworthy12
I do not have a PhD in football, though I've loved the game for 50-ish years. What I could never figure out was why Leach did not have a single word audible that could be used during the snap count that would automatically convert into a specific running play. Maybe repeat the same word a couple of times. Something that didn't telegraph the audible for all to see. Ideally, two of these...one to each side of the line. So the other team did not have time to adjust and could not be sure that an audible was being called. ESPECIALLY during Apple Cup games, when Lake would dis Leach as being too dumb to take advantage of the 2 and 3 man rushes. That was not a difference athletes, it was a difference in coaching philosophy. And clearly, Leach was unable to rise to the occasion. It will be interesting to see if he still approaches this the same way at Miss St.

In an offense that threw the ball so many times.... draw and QB draw were there for easy yards... all game long... in every game...

Huge lapse in judgement. Cost WSU wins.

Reactions: spongeworthy12

How do you think Borghi scored the game winner against Oregon State?

In an offense that threw the ball so many times.... draw and QB draw were there for easy yards... all game long... in every game...

Huge lapse in judgement. Cost WSU wins.

Yep huge lapse in judgement of the QB's to not check, audible into those running plays like its the Job of the QB to do in the offense and not that of the HC

"But..But...swing passes and WR screens are running plays!"

Yep they are running plays in a Air Raid Offense. As well as Shovel Pass, a pass to the RB in the slot, a 4 yard pass to the WR in the middle of the field doing a crossing, slant pattern in the Zone, underneath the deeper coverage. Those are runs also in the AIR RAID offense.

The problem is if you only do one of those things, the same thing every time, then it either stops, doesnt work, or doesnt work as often.

Where if you mix it up between the swing pass, the toss pass, shovel pass, bubble screen, RB slot pass, slant pass, crossing pass, and USE EVERY BLADE OF GRASS, SPACE, BETWEEN SIDELINE TO SIDELINE, then those Passes ER runs, work.

The problem is that the QB, who decides which play to use, kept on using the SAME, 1,2 plays. The Problem was the HC, Leach not teaching his QB the right way to run the Air Raid, and either not getting the QB to run it the right way, an or not starting the right QB who would run the Air Raid the right way.

It's the job of QB's to capitalize on those 2,3 man rushes, and audible, check into running plays.

Its the Job of the HC, Leach to teach QB's to do that, to get QB's to do that, and to choose the right starting QB that will do that.

Leach largely failed to get his QB's to do that.

That is either a failure in recruiting the wrong QB's, or not teaching, etc.

Don't know why Leach failed to get his QB's to do that at WSU, when he was able to get his QB's to do that at Tech, Kentucky, Oklahoma.

Oh BS.

oUW has rushed 3 and dropped 8 on us for years...but did we check to the run? N.
Rocky Long talked about defending the Air Raid in one of the videos I posted and how they would put a certain number of players close and then drop them into coverage every time. It was a joke to Rocky Long. Him as a DC on a Pac12 team would of dismantled the Air Raid 3 out of 4 times.

It's the job of QB's to capitalize on those 2,3 man rushes, and audible, check into running plays.

Its the Job of the HC, Leach to teach QB's to do that, to get QB's to do that, and to choose the right starting QB that will do that.

Leach largely failed to get his QB's to do that.

That is either a failure in recruiting the wrong QB's, or not teaching, etc.

Don't know why Leach failed to get his QB's to do that at WSU, when he was able to get his QB's to do that at Tech, Kentucky, Oklahoma.
I think the result on the field was what Leach wanted. If he had wanted a higher percentage of runs or more audibles to runs in certain situations, he could have made that happen. That may reflect a change in his philosophy since his prior coaching positions. But I don’t buy the claims from some quarters that his WSU quarterbacks just wanted to pad their passing stats and didn’t run the offense as directed. That story just doesn’t wash for me.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
Rocky Long talked about defending the Air Raid in one of the videos I posted and how they would put a certain number of players close and then drop them into coverage every time. It was a joke to Rocky Long. Him as a DC on a Pac12 team would of dismantled the Air Raid 3 out of 4 times.

It’s gaming the box. The DC is essentially getting the QB to call the plays he wants. Thus, the DC is the OC for the other team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT