ADVERTISEMENT

How wimpy is the Pac-12?

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
WSU loses and gets physically dominated by a 8-4 (edited) Minnesota team playing a bunch of back ups. Utah barely beats a 6-6 Indiana team, and was manhandled throughout the game. Colorado - the Pac-12's Southern Division winner - is being humiliated by Okie State. Is it any wonder a 7-6 UW team from 2015 (with a LOSING conference record) rolled through its conference schedule (those near losses to Arizona and Utah aside)?

Last edited:
Minn was 8-4. On the bright side I feel a lot better about Alabama embarrassing UW. God that better happen.

Easy analysis. There were SO many teams that suffered injuries to their QBs or couldn't settle on one. On top of that, Stanford lost McCafferey for a stretch, UA lost all of their running backs, ASU and OSU didn't have any QBs for some games. Oregon imploded.

Over half of the teams were inept offensively, and the entire conference became squishy soft. Decent, but not great teams like WSU, Colorado, Utah, Stanford look a lot better than they are.

P12 defenses being groomed for speed over power. It's the Oregon effect. This is the 3rd straight night where I've watched a top-tier P12 offensive line get trampled. Why? Because P12 defenses don't hit you in the mouth with their front 7.

Minn was 8-4. On the bright side I feel a lot better about Alabama embarrassing UW. God that better happen.
Again....the team the cougs faced was NOT that 8-4 team. It was a skeleton team missing whole hunks of its d-backfield and then, during the game, two more key d-players. But it didn't matter. The cougs made a C- team look all-world. And about 97% of that is on the WSU coaching staff & players. Everyone knew what the gopher coach would have to do to hide his weaknesses in the secondary.....and Leach failed to respond. That is inexcusable, and confirms my earlier worry that Leach has reached his ceiling. And having a offensive line that resembles 5 buckets of fat sitting behind a dumpster doesn't help either.....THOSE are all on WSU and have nothing to do with the Big10.

We get it SC. We're WSU fans. This isn't the first time we've been let down.

And your analysis on how the rest of the conference has looked thus far?

Again....the team the cougs faced was NOT that 8-4 team. It was a skeleton team missing whole hunks of its d-backfield and then, during the game, two more key d-players. But it didn't matter. The cougs made a C- team look all-world. And about 97% of that is on the WSU coaching staff & players. Everyone knew what the gopher coach would have to do to hide his weaknesses in the secondary.....and Leach failed to respond. That is inexcusable, and confirms my earlier worry that Leach has reached his ceiling. And having a offensive line that resembles 5 buckets of fat sitting behind a dumpster doesn't help either.....THOSE are all on WSU and have nothing to do with the Big10.
I don't disagree with you, just saying Minnesota was 8-4 not 6-6 like the OP. And yes I wholeheartedly agree Leach and Falk failed miserably in taking advantage of Minnesotas glaring weakness with the suspensions. I also agree this might be Leach's ceiling, because he won't get out of his own way and adapt. That's why that douchebag DB coach at UW can make fun of him, and laugh at his offense, because Leach makes it an easy offense to stop with his unwillingness to run the ball or do anything different.

You are a BS artist like no other . Minnesota was not a skeleton team. They only had one first time starter in the defensive backfield. ONE.

All of the other players started multiple games throughout the season. Those are the facts no matter how many ways that you try to throw-out your BS. Those are the facts.

I've always enjoyed SCGlory's posts, but one thing he's known for (and we're all known for something on these boards), is piling on after bad losses. Waiting for WSU crap the bed so he can unleash every bad thought he's had about our program over the years.

Reactions: YakiCoug and SDCoug
I've always enjoyed SCGlory's posts, but one thing he's known for (and we're all known for something on these boards), is piling on after bad losses. Waiting for WSU crap the bed so he can unleash every bad thought he's had about our program over the years.

As many times as Glory's knee jerks, you wonder how he has any front teeth left. He called for USC HC Clay Helton's head after the first two games and also referred to SC's o-line as tubs of goo. Of course, he's a hardcore Helton fan now... .
Glory's personality disorder aside, the key point in this thread is that it's a down year for the conference, and the bowl games so far demonstrate it.

The conference looks very weak....literally weak. Physically weak.

Maybe the upper crust will perform better? The SEC has looked bad thus far, so maybe UW has some hope? USC drew Penn State, a team that I think is a level below Ohio State & Michigan, and they're of course playing them in Cali. That should help, but we'll see.

The conference looks very weak....literally weak. Physically weak.

Maybe the upper crust will perform better? The SEC has looked bad thus far, so maybe UW has some hope? USC drew Penn State, a team that I think is a level below Ohio State & Michigan, and they're of course playing them in Cali. That should help, but we'll see.

If the UW defense can pressure Alabama's young quarterback and force turnovers, the mutts have a chance. And Peterson will throw the kitchen sink of trick plays at 'Bama's defense early and often.

As many times as Glory's knee jerks, you wonder how he has any front teeth left. He called for USC HC Clay Helton's head after the first two games and also referred to SC's o-line as tubs of goo. Of course, he's a hardcore Helton fan now... .
Glory's personality disorder aside, the key point in this thread is that it's a down year for the conference, and the bowl games so far demonstrate it.

Well, I did finally meet SC recently...

article-2157870-13907A27000005DC-302_634x392.jpg

Reactions: YakiCoug
NIce to see you SC.... LOL..... yup.. you love it when WSU falters so you can just rip on old Wazzu. Find another board.

WSU loses and gets physically dominated by a 8-4 (edited) Minnesota team playing a bunch of back ups. Utah barely beats a 6-6 Indiana team, and was manhandled throughout the game. Colorado - the Pac-12's Southern Division winner - is being humiliated by Okie State. Is it any wonder a 7-6 UW team from 2015 (with a LOSING conference record) rolled through its conference schedule (those near losses to Arizona and Utah aside)?

The Pac 12 is so Wimpy they would gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today. :D

"How'd this Happen" ... are you sure that photo is indeed SC ? If I recall he is >>>....
images

I don't know of a serious Trojan fan who thinks Clay Helton is the long-term answer for coach. Helton is a nice guy but too much of a checkers (not chess) man for a long-term solution. Sure, there are Trojan "fans" everywhere who now think Helton is great but I just shrug that off. And, as far as Trojans' O-line....they are EXACTLY what I said they were. Any accolades thrown their way are about 95% due to eye candy not consistent performance. They block like pros on one play, then look like goofs for 3 in a row. Hardly the stuff of which All-Americans are made (sorry Zach).

Actually I have been very consistent about Leach, and have posted for a long time about what I see are his limitations. A great coach sees the things that led to earlier losses and corrects or limits them. I don't see that in Leach, and, in fact, what was present against Colorado, was exacerbated against the huskies, and completely underscored against Minnesota. Leach was completely out-coached by the Minnesota coach. .... If cougar fans are "fine" with this year, then there will be no pressure on Moos or Leach....and nothing will change. But I don't think most cougar fans are "fine" with how the season headed down hill on such a steep trajectory.

You are a BS artist like no other . Minnesota was not a skeleton team. They only had one first time starter in the defensive backfield. ONE.

All of the other players started multiple games throughout the season. Those are the facts no matter how many ways that you try to throw-out your BS. Those are the facts.
False, little dude. They lost TWO starters during the game! One would think that would give Leach openings to exploit. Nope. Second, when you lose ANYONE in the d-backfield against a passing team that is disastrous....but it didn't faze them....Third, it is ALL about depth. Several times the announcers mentioned that multiple d-back were playing their FIRST GAME DOWNS in their positions. You know what that means?? Duhhhhh. But did Leach or Falk exploit that?? Nope. And that is the mark of both poor coaching AND poor execution. No two ways about it.

We get it SC. We're WSU fans. This isn't the first time we've been let down.

And your analysis on how the rest of the conference has looked thus far?
Poor. Stanford squeaks by; Utah squeaks by....Colorado looking pathetic. Thus, that suggests that USC is in for difficulties today. But bowl games are traditionally about coaching, right?

**which coach can motivate 20-year-olds after the long layoff
**which coach can adapt to the inevitable injuries or ?? that happen (the gopher coach completely outclassed Leach here)
**which coach can quickly and decisively analyze another team's film and create a game plan to overcome his opponent. How is it possible that Leach did not know what the gopher coach would do to disguise his weak secondary?? That alone is very worrisome.

So whatever percentages that you assign to "coaching/players" that produce victories during the regular season, shift that 25% more toward coaching for bowls. It's tempting to view OSU's loss as an exception, but I see that as proving my point for the Clemson coach. ANYONE who saw buckeye's victory over michigan knew that Barrett was shaky....and Clemson focused on that....

False, little dude. They lost TWO starters during the game! One would think that would give Leach openings to exploit. Nope. Second, when you lose ANYONE in the d-backfield against a passing team that is disastrous....but it didn't faze them....Third, it is ALL about depth. Several times the announcers mentioned that multiple d-back were playing their FIRST GAME DOWNS in their positions. You know what that means?? Duhhhhh. But did Leach or Falk exploit that?? Nope. And that is the mark of both poor coaching AND poor execution. No two ways about it.

Reread his post and your post.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT