ADVERTISEMENT

Huge gratitude to Dan Morrison (QBs) and Dennis McKnight (OL)...

ttowncoug

Hall Of Fame
Sep 9, 2001
...these two gentlemen came in amongst unprecedented circumstances and had their units collectively playing their best football during the season, in my opinion.

I know they were brought in as "temps" but the 2021 season - its ups and downs - the drama surrounding Rolo - and to conclude with a dominating Apple Cup win and a bowl invite - wouldn't have happened without these two guys stepping in and taking care of "their units."

I thought offensive line play early on was spotty. Nearly dominant against the Huskies. I thought JDL was more calm (even cocky) as the season wore on and I tend to think Morrison had a hand in helping keep JDL focused and working through the coaching adversity.

...these two gentlemen came in amongst unprecedented circumstances and had their units collectively playing their best football during the season, in my opinion.

I know they were brought in as "temps" but the 2021 season - its ups and downs - the drama surrounding Rolo - and to conclude with a dominating Apple Cup win and a bowl invite - wouldn't have happened without these two guys stepping in and taking care of "their units."

I thought offensive line play early on was spotty. Nearly dominant against the Huskies. I thought JDL was more calm (even cocky) as the season wore on and I tend to think Morrison had a hand in helping keep JDL focused and working through the coaching adversity.
I'd like to believe that they were well taken care of financially, but I have no way of knowing one way or the other.

And I'm not talking about their salary - a nice fat bonus and/ or coffee cup, if you know what I mean.

ttown, as you suggest, we owe these guys. Big thanks for a job well done...but they are not quite done yet. A Sun game yet to win. And I suspect the players learned something from them that won't soon be forgotten!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT