ADVERTISEMENT

I love Leach, but....

Wish, we would "screen" with Borghi ... and if we're not gonna sneak with Gordon --under center regardless that it has been mentioned by Coach in past-- at all .... what if Gordon just took the ball and ran just a couple of times in the first quarter or early 2nd just to give Def something for those D Line and LB's to think about in future short yardage situations ?

That would be a great question for Leach sometime is why some years he runs a ton of screen passes and /or shovel passes, but in other years it does not appear to be part of the offense. Agree totally that Borghi would seem like he would be a natural for big gains in a properly run screen pass.

Wonder if it varies by year because of the QB or the o-line ?

That would be a great question for Leach sometime is why some years he runs a ton of screen passes and /or shovel passes, but in other years it does not appear to be part of the offense. Agree totally that Borghi would seem like he would be a natural for big gains in a properly run screen pass.

Wonder if it varies by year because of the QB or the o-line ?
Forget the shovel pass. Just a good ol RB screen please.

Reactions: PINGDUDE4
Yes, right up the hash marks and behind the LBs in the soft area of the zone.

McIntosh's pass blocking... ugh. Honestly, it just looks like he hasn't had enough reps. Then again, some guys never get it and end up on the bench. Hopefully he gets it eventually.

If King Jyden can block he will be taking McIntoshes touches next year.

We've only seen a handful of shovel passes this year, so its effectively disappeared as well.

Borghi had a decent gain on one (I think versus Houston). But going back to last year, he would get too close to the OL and basically get tackled right as the ball got to him. He's busted some big gains on the draw, so I'm OK with the draw over the shovel pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT