ADVERTISEMENT

I wonder if the game plan today will include more Mateer?

How_did_this_happen?

Hall Of Fame
Gold Member
Nov 3, 2012
Maybe this is because I really like this guy and what he brings to the game, but it seems like he's a weapon against a tough defense that we will use more today than we've seen before (discounting the blowout against NA last weekend)?

What do you guys think?

By the way, would OSU fall for the fake timeout play like we did vs Oregon last year? :)

Any news on Watsons injury?
That Mateer play where he handed off to Cam and then caught the pass for a first down was classic. So glad they are getting him involved. I did make an appointment for a sex change operation so I can hook up with him. :)

Maybe this is because I really like this guy and what he brings to the game, but it seems like he's a weapon against a tough defense that we will use more today than we've seen before (discounting the blowout against NA last weekend)?

What do you guys think?

By the way, would OSU fall for the fake timeout play like we did vs Oregon last year? :)
I was thinking the same. I think we'll continue to see these plays.

Mateer really wants to play all the time, (per interview). He also loves it in Pullman and being a COUG, and knows that come next year....it's his year....because Ward will be gone, according to Brink.

Mateer really wants to play all the time, (per interview). He also loves it in Pullman and being a COUG, and knows that come next year....it's his year....because Ward will be gone, according to Brink.
Mateer is the real deal. I love mixing him in but there’s a right mix. You can’t overdo it you get out of the rythm of your offense. I thought they did a nice job with it tonight. He’s a weapon.

Ward will be in the NFL or a grad transfer for a blue blood desperate for a QB who’s NIL package will be more then he’ll make in the NFL.

Bottom line with Ward. What a difference a year has been. He literally loves being coached up, listened to input, executed and made changes.

Second. You know what the best thing about Ward, besides his numbers? He's calm. Also, nothing gets to his head. No ego. Not cocky, and certainly not proud. He's calm, and humble.

Bonus points. That's funny.
Yeah I'm a funny guy. Just ask me. And not to be gross, but I don't get this sex change thing. Maybe some MD can explain it. Guys turn into girls, boobs and all, but still have their dicks? And girls turning into guys, how the F does that work? Can you artificially put a dick on them?

Not my problem, all jokes aside I am not having a sex change so I can hook up with Mateer. Sure is fun messing with it though! :)

I think I know the true reason why Dickert does and will incorporate Mateer in our offense with each and every game:

Ward is a short timer.

Dickert does not want Mateer to transfer and portal out.

Mateer loves to play and wants to play every game.

Dickert keeps a short leash on Matter, with a taste of things to come.

Dickert gets him in each game....it creates an appetite, and builds him up....then....next year....it's all yours.

Now he's involved, (instead of standing on the sidelines) so Dickert retains him, stays a COUG, and we have him for next year. All because of a strong relationship has been forged.

Brilliant strategy for retaining talent all because of the temptation of NIL $$$ transferring out.

Last edited:
Reactions: L.S. Dietz
I think I know the true reason why Dickert does and will incorporate Mateer in our offense with each and every game:

Ward is a short timer.

Dickert does not want Mateer to transfer and portal out.

Mateer loves to play and wants to play every game.

Dickert keeps a short leash on Matter, with a taste of things to come.

Dickert gets him in each game....it creates an appetite, and builds him up....then....next year....it's all yours.

Now he's involved, (instead of standing on the sidelines) so Dickert retains him, stays a COUG, and we have him for next year.

Brilliant strategy for retaining talent all because of the temptation of NIL $$$ transferring out.

Your Half or partially right.

Cam is NOT going to another College, because HE CAN'T because he can't get a FREE TRANSFER because he ALREADY TRANSFER PORTALED here.

Either Cam goes to the NFL OR he stays at WSU.

In case Cam leaves early to NFL draft, that's why Dickert is preparing Mateer, that and if Cam gets injured.

WSU needs to have 73% of their recruits come from the Transfer portal, as that way transfer portal recruits won't have a free transfer.

Dickert has shown that he can effectively have WSU be a type of minor league farm team that can EFFECTIVELY RELOAD from the transfer portal.

And while it will be harder for Dickert to RELOAD from the Portal if WSU G5, next season, Dickert is still a AWESOME recruiter, evaluator, QUICK DEVELOPER, etc, and if WSU wins 9,10,11,12 games, NY6, etc, and because there are good sellable things about Pullman, WSU, that Dickert would sell effectively, etc, then like G5 BSU, etc, WSU, Dickert, would still be able to effectively reload from Portal, just like G5 BSU, and then retain them because no free transfer.

If, since BSU, Fresno St, SDSU, Gonzaga, other G5's can still effectively recruit, despite being a G5, then Dickert, would be able to effectively recruit too, IT JUST WOULD BE HARDER.

BUT HARD AND HARDER DOES NOT STOP DICKERT, WSU

Because of Dickert's RELOADING, QUICK DEVELOPMENT approach, Dickert has to get the Mateer's development, play time, or he risk them either leaving, or not being ready for the next reload season.

Reactions: L.S. Dietz
Your Half or partially right.

Cam is NOT going to another College, because HE CAN'T because he can't get a FREE TRANSFER because he ALREADY TRANSFER PORTALED here.

Either Cam goes to the NFL OR he stays at WSU.

In case Cam leaves early to NFL draft, that's why Dickert is preparing Mateer, that and if Cam gets injured.

WSU needs to have 73% of their recruits come from the Transfer portal, as that way transfer portal recruits won't have a free transfer.

Dickert has shown that he can effectively have WSU be a type of minor league farm team that can EFFECTIVELY RELOAD from the transfer portal.

And while it will be harder for Dickert to RELOAD from the Portal if WSU G5, next season, Dickert is still a AWESOME recruiter, evaluator, QUICK DEVELOPER, etc, and if WSU wins 9,10,11,12 games, NY6, etc, and because there are good sellable things about Pullman, WSU, that Dickert would sell effectively, etc, then like G5 BSU, etc, WSU, Dickert, would still be able to effectively reload from Portal, just like G5 BSU, and then retain them because no free transfer.

If, since BSU, Fresno St, SDSU, Gonzaga, other G5's can still effectively recruit, despite being a G5, then Dickert, would be able to effectively recruit too, IT JUST WOULD BE HARDER.

BUT HARD AND HARDER DOES NOT STOP DICKERT, WSU

Because of Dickert's RELOADING, QUICK DEVELOPMENT approach, Dickert has to get the Mateer's development, play time, or he risk them either leaving, or not being ready for the next reload season.
Mik, sorry for the confusion.

According to Brink, Cam is gone next year....to the NFL.. (Never alluded to transferring to another school).

Second, if there was no portal, Mateer would occasional come in for mop up duty. What we're seeing is something we've never seen before. Mateer coming in the first or second quarter with Cam in the game, for some sort of play action, or trick play. All designed because of what I posted above.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT