ADVERTISEMENT

I'll give Shulz some credit

Loyal Coug1

Hall Of Fame
Aug 24, 2022
I rank on him all the time, but will give credit where credit is due. And the CBS article does provide some numbers of sorts, although they mention settlement money from the traitors. I thought it was well-established that there were no exit fees, so not sure what that is supposed to consist of.

Look like Shulz is basically ransoming off his vote for a slice of the pie.

Not sure what result we get but totally agree that we need to play every card we have, aggressive as possible. I didn’t think Schultz would be willing to so I’m pleasantly surprised reading this. 👍

I rank on him all the time, but will give credit where credit is due. And the CBS article does provide some numbers of sorts, although they mention settlement money from the traitors. I thought it was well-established that there were no exit fees, so not sure what that is supposed to consist of.

Look like Shulz is basically ransoming off his vote for a slice of the pie.

Good move by Schulz. Anything he votes for has to have future guarantees, or be paid a significant premium. That vote is the only leverage we have, and if it’s sold cheaply, we’ve got nothing.

How about this? Interesting news.

This is where, what Chun is: A BEAN COUNTER, PAPER PUSHING ADMINISTRATOR, that is also semi just barely by skin of teeth, semi below average to semi ok at the other stuff like sales, etc.

He is not as good as MOO's(Not saying Moo's was perfect, and he definitely had problems), or his(Moo's), negotiating ability, but Chun is better then the rest of the AD's WSU has had, going back to when V Lane Rawlins was Pres.

In this Role Chun will probably do a good job selecting CFP teams, because of his Bean Counter, Paper pushing, logical, analytical, logistics skill.

And he Chun will use his position as further leverage, along with Schulz's leveraged position to hold the CFP hostage, unless WSU, Ore St, PAC, etc, gets a seat at the Power Conference, CFP access table.

How about this? Interesting news.

WSU AD Pat Chun named to College Football Playoff selection committee​

Greg WoodsFeb. 8, 2024 at 3:53 pm
By
The Spokesman-Review
PULLMAN — Washington State just gained another seat at the table.

WSU athletic director Pat Chun has been named to the College Football Playoff Selection Committee, the organization announced Thursday, giving the Cougars two positions of power on the committee.

That’s in addition to university president Kirk Schulz, the Pac-12’s representative on the CFP’s management committee, who is currently holding up the vote on a potential change to the playoff format.

At a meeting ahead of last month’s national championship game in Houston, CFP Board of Managers (which includes a university president from each of the 10 FBS conferences and Notre Dame) was ready to move to the 12-team model from a 6+6 format to 5+7, accounting for the Pac-12’s restructuring by replacing one automatic qualifier with an at-large spot.

Schulz, though, isn’t voting in favor of that. For the format change to take place under the current contract — which runs through 2025 — the vote must be unanimous, so Schulz’s holdout is delaying any possible change to the playoff format, according to Yahoo Sports’ Ross Dellenger.

Schulz is trying to keep the 6+6 format (six highest-ranked conference champions and the next six highest-ranked teams) because it guarantees a spot in the playoff for the champion of the Pac-12, which Washington State and Oregon State are trying to rebuild. In the interim, they’re partnering with the Mountain West Conference for a two-year scheduling agreement to provide both schools with games.

The revenue sharing aspect is no doubt important to Schulz, whose school (as a power-conference entity) is expected to receive around $25 million per year as part of the 12-team playoff.

“I think [Schulz] just sitting on his vote trying, at the end of the day, to get a little more money from the CFP,” wrote CBS Sports reporter Dennis Dodd, citing an anonymous source. “He’s not a fire-thrower guy. He’s made it clear that he thinks that he and Oregon State need a little something special.”

Greg Woods Washington State beat writer for The Spokesman-Review

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT