ADVERTISEMENT

In watching the shovel pass to Borghi...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
I do believe we've found Morrow's replacement. That kid is damn good.

I do believe we've found Morrow's replacement. That kid is damn good.

I thought the same when he signed with us. Plus, he already has a college football body, and good speed.

I was very bummed when I saw the rumors of him possibly verbally flipping to Stanford before signing day.

Reactions: Cougzz
Agree on his talent.

I'm still waiting for CML to use a RB semi-full time as an IR. If there is a position on the field other than RB where Borghi would give a D fits, it is IR. I could see us developing a red zone O that had our biggest back...almost an H back of some sort...in the backfield and Max at IR. Or as a second RB that goes in motion. I can't see a LB being able to cover him.

Reactions: earldacoug
Agree on his talent.

I'm still waiting for CML to use a RB semi-full time as an IR. If there is a position on the field other than RB where Borghi would give a D fits, it is IR. I could see us developing a red zone O that had our biggest back...almost an H back of some sort...in the backfield and Max at IR. Or as a second RB that goes in motion. I can't see a LB being able to cover him.
I think they tried Harrington out at IR and it didn't work great in that instance. I DO hope that they keep trying guys like Bell, Calvin, and maybe Jackson on an end around sweep or two per game from the slot, just to give the defense something different to look at. They've tried it as a shovel pass in the past; maybe it will return.

We will need a dynamic RB to take pressure off the OLine and green QB. In watching those highlights there sure seemed to be a number of jailbreaks to the QB, I’m a little concerned about pass pro with that. Madison was so solid he may be sorely missed.
The running game has to be actually used this year though. No more if this 5 or 6 runs a game crap. Easy recipe for losing football.

Reactions: froropmkr72
Random, I think you are right; they tried Harrington; but that was back during his "butterfingers" stage. He has the right skill set if he can hang on to the ball. And I suspect that Borghi could also do well in that sort of role.

Between Harrington and Borghi, I think that different dynamic is going to be fun to watch this year. Shifty dudes.

We will need a dynamic RB to take pressure off the OLine and green QB. In watching those highlights there sure seemed to be a number of jailbreaks to the QB, I’m a little concerned about pass pro with that. Madison was so solid he may be sorely missed.
The running game has to be actually used this year though. No more if this 5 or 6 runs a game crap. Easy recipe for losing football.

I'm hoping that having an inexperienced QB, whoever it ends up being, will lead to more running and less throwing. As we have discussed many times, CML's offenses typically ran the ball a good third of the time. Add in the healthy dose of swing passes, and he had a more balanced offense than we have seen in recent years.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT