ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting and strange visitor to Pullman

kayak15

Hall Of Fame
Apr 17, 2012
Mercer Island
The current list of visiting recruits in Pullman this weekend includes a young man named Chan-Tung from Australia. A Chinese OL from Australia! Either this is a complete fluke or Rolo's rolodex of acquaintances extends farther than I, we, imagined. I am hoping the latter. We already have a number of OLs on the commit list and frankly other positions are more in need but I would like to get this kid for no other reason than it is so damn different. Stupid, I know, but wouldn't be the first time I was described as such.

Reactions: SDCoug
The current list of visiting recruits in Pullman this weekend includes a young man named Chan-Tung from Australia. A Chinese OL from Australia! Either this is a complete fluke or Rolo's rolodex of acquaintances extends farther than I, we, imagined. I am hoping the latter. We already have a number of OLs on the commit list and frankly other positions are more in need but I would like to get this kid for no other reason than it is so damn different. Stupid, I know, but wouldn't be the first time I was described as such.

This is something to take note of. Hawaii, Samoa and apparently the whole Pacific Rim are in play
for this staff.

Hope he’s Ausie Rules Football tough!

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
I looked at their roster when Rolovich was hired. Hawaii had a few players from Australia. They looked for players in unconventional places.

Just curious where you're getting your intel?

I looked at their roster when Rolovich was hired. Hawaii had a few players from Australia. They looked for players in unconventional places.
I’ve said this before and it makes sense. We aren’t in need of OLinemen but there’s gotta be some 220 lb badasses in Australia or NZ that know how to tackle and would love to party in Pullman for a few years. It worked in basketball with Baines, Motum...there’s some football talent out there, WSU needs to go hunt for it.

Reactions: spongeworthy12
Hope he’s Ausie Rules Football tough!

Toughness, yes. But if he is big enough for American Football OL, then he is too big for Aussie rules football. Too much running and open field stuff. That game thrives on guys we would play at LB, Safety, RB and DE.

Toughness, yes. But if he is big enough for American Football OL, then he is too big for Aussie rules football. Too much running and open field stuff. That game thrives on guys we would play at LB, Safety, RB and DE.
He is listed as 6'8" and 275. Remarkably large for rugby but he must have some mobility in order to participate. 6'8" with enough mobility to play rugby- I want him and I don't care how many O-linemen we already have.

Reactions: cr8zyncalif
He is listed as 6'8" and 275. Remarkably large for rugby but he must have some mobility in order to participate. 6'8" with enough mobility to play rugby- I want him and I don't care how many O-linemen we already have.

Agree. Just get him. See where he fits.

That size reminds me of Rien Long. D-end with a little coaching?

That size reminds me of Rien Long. D-end with a little coaching?
I'm in this camp.... Keith Millard was a TE in HS converted to DL and absolutely smashed it at WSU and in the NFL. Why this doesn't happen more often these days is puzzling to say the least. We can't just limit some of these guys to just one position. I say bring him and make him a damn DT. He obviously has great agility.

I'm in this camp.... Keith Millard was a TE in HS converted to DL and absolutely smashed it at WSU and in the NFL. Why this doesn't happen more often these days is puzzling to say the least. We can't just limit some of these guys to just one position. I say bring him and make him a damn DT. He obviously has great agility.

Here, here!!!

Show me how great a coach you are. Teach kids how to run people over, plug them in on either side of the ball. Get creative with the personnel. WSU is an all hands on deck school.

Reactions: 79COUG
And the other thing needed that I believe all great d-linemen have, is a nasty streak. Can you coach that into an 18 year old kid? Not 100%, no. But if that nasty ember is there, a good coach recognizes it and fans it into a full on flame.

And the other thing needed that I believe all great d-linemen have, is a nasty streak. Can you coach that into an 18 year old kid? Not 100%, no. But if that nasty ember is there, a good coach recognizes it and fans it into a full on flame.

There are two types of guys that play football. Those that will get in a fight in a bar and those that wont. I will let you decide how many of each you need on a team.

There are two types of guys that play football. Those that will get in a fight in a bar and those that wont. I will let you decide how many of each you need on a team.
Lol...hell yeah.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT