ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting

Cool, we’ll take him. Tall DBs with good size are always welcome. What I’ve read is he’s got good coverage skills. Sounds like he has to sit out this year though.

Hopefully he doesn't count against the scholarship limit of 25 per year (Grisso is a medical no counter, so I'm ok with backdating Davis). Kid washed out of USC quick. Hope he proves my skepticism wrong and becomes the next great WSU DB.

Hopefully he doesn't count against the scholarship limit of 25 per year (Grisso is a medical no counter, so I'm ok with backdating Davis). Kid washed out of USC quick. Hope he proves my skepticism wrong and becomes the next great WSU DB.
If he’d sat on their bench for a couple years I’d be concerned, but given he just got there it sounds more like relationship issues or SC jerked him around.

I agree. Gardner Minshew washed out of Troy quick. Nobody wanted him, so he had to go to a community college. Then, he was only a part time starter for two years on a horrible non-power five team. I hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see him doing much.

I agree. Gardner Minshew washed out of Troy quick. Nobody wanted him, so he had to go to a community college. Then, he was only a part time starter for two years on a horrible non-power five team. I hope he proves me wrong, but I just don't see him doing much.
I thought everyone agreed that he bounced because it was a bait and switch (or some such) and $C sucks, so everything is rosy?? Was that a different kid?

I thought everyone agreed that he bounced because it was a bait and switch (or some such) and $C sucks, so everything is rosy?? Was that a different kid?
I am not sure if any of us really know why he left. But, that was one of the reasons we discussed that made sense. I don't see it at all as him washing out of USC as etown wrote. He left on his own.

I am not sure if any of us really know why he left. But, that was one of the reasons we discussed that made sense. I don't see it at all as him washing out of USC as etown wrote. He left on his own.

Reading Scott's article, it says a family issue led to his transfer. I'm not going to speculate further on this as it doesn't seem fair to the kid. If off field stuff caused him to transfer, it's an entirely different situation than if he just left because he felt he couldn't cut it.

Last edited:
If he’d sat on their bench for a couple years I’d be concerned, but given he just got there it sounds more like relationship issues or SC jerked him around.

OR HE HAD 100 5 STAR CB'S AT USC IN FRONT OF HIM(Ok 4 to 7 5 stars in front of him, so yes was exxagerating. Valid point still made)

He wasn't at USC long enough to wash out. That assessment isn't fair to him. He was one of the more highly rated high school players in the state, and that was despite the fact he was out with an injury his senior season.

He wasn't at USC long enough to wash out. That assessment isn't fair to him. He was one of the more highly rated high school players in the state, and that was despite the fact he was out with an injury his senior season.

His family had wanted him to go to WSU the entire time. He tried out SC realized it wasn’t for him. Smart move on his part not wasting his eligibility at a school where he doesn’t want to be. He’ll have 4 years to play, so there’s a lot of value here. If the coaches believe that he’s ranked higher than any current DB prospects than there is no issue with bringing him. I don’t know how good he is.

Reactions: GrayOnGray
His family had wanted him to go to WSU the entire time. He tried out SC realized it wasn’t for him. Smart move on his part not wasting his eligibility at a school where he doesn’t want to be. He’ll have 4 years to play, so there’s a lot of value here. If the coaches believe that he’s ranked higher than any current DB prospects than there is no issue with bringing him. I don’t know how good he is.

How long was he at USC? Did he enroll early or was he just there for the summer ?

He’s walking on. Won’t count towards the 25. If he does well, he’ll earn a scholarship for next year as a walk on member of the team.

He enrolled in January and left in July.

Thanks . Sounds like he had time to at least get the flavor of the campus and lifestyle .

For Leach it is a no risk proposition . If a player at any position doesn’t come in and want to commit and compete and fight through adversity he finds a way to move on from that player .

He’s walking on. Won’t count towards the 25. If he does well, he’ll earn a scholarship for next year as a walk on member of the team.
Unless something bad happens, I think he has been guaranteed the next scholarship that comes available. WSU wanted him and recruited him hard. It is the same circumstance as Hunter Mayginnes. He came to WSU as a walkon, but was put on scholarship for the start of spring semester in January.

Unless something bad happens, I think he has been guaranteed the next scholarship that comes available. WSU wanted him and recruited him hard. It is the same circumstance as Hunter Mayginnes. He came to WSU as a walkon, but was put on scholarship for the start of spring semester in January.
Blueshirt?

OR HE HAD 100 5 STAR CB'S AT USC IN FRONT OF HIM(Ok 4 to 7 5 stars in front of him, so yes was exxagerating. Valid point still made)
Pretty sure the kid didn’t walk into the SC program thinking he wasn't going to be surrounded by talent.

Pretty sure the kid didn’t walk into the SC program thinking he wasn't going to be surrounded by talent.

Pretty Sure that his family saw that he was surrounded by 4,5 star talent at CB, and that he probably wouldnt start, even get to play, and would likely rot on bench, and thus why they told him, that he should goto WSU, instead of USC.

Also Pretty sure that altho the kid probably didnt think he was going to be surrounded, outclassed by 4,5 star talent at CB, at USC, that he was probably surrounded, outclassed, by 4,5 star talent at CB at USC, and should have seen that, as it was obvious, even to his family.

Also I am pretty sure that it is PROBABLY BOTH a combination of the situation, at USC, combined with family problems that he wanted to come home, to deal with.

Also Pretty Sure that USC led him along telling him what he wanted to hear, that he was going to get to start, play, when that was not likely, because of all the 4,5 star CB's in front of him, at USC.

He made the right choice, not because it helps WSU, but because of family, and not having to beat out 4 to 7, 4,5 stars, to start, play, not rot on bench.

But he probably should have listened to his family, and came to WSU in the first place, so he would not have had to learn the hard way, and not had to make this choice now.

But thats the past. It looks like he learned from mistakenly going to USC, and it looks like he made the right choice.

And he is most welcome at WSU.

Pretty Sure that his family saw that he was surrounded by 4,5 star talent at CB, and that he probably wouldnt start, even get to play, and would likely rot on bench, and thus why they told him, that he should goto WSU, instead of USC.

Also Pretty sure that altho the kid probably didnt think he was going to be surrounded, outclassed by 4,5 star talent at CB, at USC, that he was probably surrounded, outclassed, by 4,5 star talent at CB at USC, and should have seen that, as it was obvious, even to his family.

Also I am pretty sure that it is PROBABLY BOTH a combination of the situation, at USC, combined with family problems that he wanted to come home, to deal with.

Also Pretty Sure that USC led him along telling him what he wanted to hear, that he was going to get to start, play, when that was not likely, because of all the 4,5 star CB's in front of him, at USC.

He made the right choice, not because it helps WSU, but because of family, and not having to beat out 4 to 7, 4,5 stars, to start, play, not rot on bench.

But he probably should have listened to his family, and came to WSU in the first place, so he would not have had to learn the hard way, and not had to make this choice now.

But thats the past. It looks like he learned from mistakenly going to USC, and it looks like he made the right choice.

And he is most welcome at WSU.
I am pretty sure that none of us here know the real reason why he left USC.

But if people keep guessing, someone might get it right.

I’m glad he’s here.
I didn't read his entire post, only the first paragraph. But, I am "pretty sure" that competition from 4 and 5 star athletes have zero to do with why he left USC.

Athletes and competitors just don't think that way. All they ask is for a chance.

I don't mind Mik posting here. I seldom read his posts anymore, but he is a fan of the Cougs.

Reactions: earldacoug
To the best of my understanding we can’t have actively recruited him previously in order to qualify for a “blue shirt”. But there may be some qualifiers in all that?
I'm not sure if he had an at home visit or visited campus. You or someone else might of read articles on him.

The rules are rather strict in regard to what is defined as being “unrecruited.” That means there was no official visit taken by the athlete, the coach didn’t visit the athlete at home, there was no National Letter of Intent signed, and no form of athletic aid.

I’m always going to be optimistic about a player coming to our program from another program with shitty coaching. Leach and his staff get the best out of kids relative to what a coach like Helton will get out of the 4 and 5 star talent they can easily get at USC.

Reactions: taf88
Now that is funny

It wasn't meant to be funny. Several people I've known over the years in real life who would launch into the type of rants online we'd see here. Facts were secondary, and any new information gathered would be incorporated into their delusions almost immediately. My favorite response when questioned was the "read what I wrote" when someone would try to point out the errors in a post because the writings come across as the ramblings of a crazy person.

And in all seriousness, it's a little scary because one of these people got it in his head his mom was out to get him and he posted online he was walking to his mom's to kill her. Police found him with a knife walking to his mom's. Later he claimed no memory of the incident.

The poster here in question has posted how he has been in multiple physical altercations where he ended up having to use "self defense" to protect himself from people who attacked him for no reason. Based on my own experiences these narratives are rarely trustworthy, sometimes wholesale fiction, and these people should be avoided.

Now I'm not a trained psychologist, not have I ever met this poster in real life, so I can't make a diagnosis. All I'm saying is I'm extremely reluctant to engage and would avoid a meet up in real life.

I’m always going to be optimistic about a player coming to our program from another program with shitty coaching. Leach and his staff get the best out of kids relative to what a coach like Helton will get out of the 4 and 5 star talent they can easily get at USC.

SC fans have every right to be furious with Helton. He is essentially starting a 100m race, 20m ahead of most teams. Still not crossing the finish line in the top 3.

SC fans have every right to be furious with Helton. He is essentially starting a 100m race, 20m ahead of most teams. Still not crossing the finish line in the top 3.

It was pretty surprising when Helton didn't get fired after last year's 5-7 performance. I don't think the conference lucks into another year of incompetence at the flag ship program. Eventually USC is going to find a decent coach and the program gets better really quick.

It was pretty surprising when Helton didn't get fired after last year's 5-7 performance. I don't think the conference lucks into another year of incompetence at the flag ship program. Eventually USC is going to find a decent coach and the program gets better really quick.
I think it is very possible that at this time next season, Urban Meyer will be manning the sidelines in Los Angeles.

I don’t like the way you think
Unfortunately, he is already spending a lot of time in Los Angeles as a college football studio analyst at Fox Sports. He is working with Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart, who have been in his ear about taking over next season.

Unfortunately, he is already spending a lot of time in Los Angeles as a college football studio analyst at Fox Sports. He is working with Reggie Bush and Matt Leinart, who have been in his ear about taking over next season.

The Reggie Bush who was banned from USC football for life?

Yeah, the more you say about it the less I like it.

Yeah, the more you say about it the less I like it.

Brain tumors significantly impact ones ability to handle stress. I personally think Meyer is either hanging it up for good or would be severely diminished in a return to the sideline.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT