ADVERTISEMENT

Is Yost toast..?

The fickle side of football rears its head and Oregon.

He's up for a leading role in the sequel to ...

Fast-Times.jpg

Not all personalities fit at all places.

This is not about skill set; more about how a rather idiosyncratic personality fits at a particular institution, for a particular HC. Leach seemed reasonably content with him, but on the other hand made no Herculean efforts to keep him.

It is interesting that the Spring/Summer that Yost left for Oregon, he was able to get verbals from 2 likely WSU Air Raid Targets & players that didn't fit the traditional Oregon scheme.

Juniors
Culp WR G-Prep
Yankoff QB Coeur d'Alane

Yet during his time in Pullman you didn't hear much about him landing big time guys like his history suggested when he was at Mizzou.

It is interesting that the Spring/Summer that Yost left for Oregon, he was able to get verbals from 2 likely WSU Air Raid Targets & players that didn't fit the traditional Oregon scheme.

Juniors
Culp WR G-Prep
Yankoff QB Coeur d'Alane

Yet during his time in Pullman you didn't hear much about him landing big time guys like his history suggested when he was at Mizzou.

I don't think I remember hearing about him landing ANYONE at WSU. He helped get Grinch, but I don't recall him running the point on a single recruit, and in state recruiting was almost non existent with him. He definitely took a couple years off from the grind.

I don't think I remember hearing about him landing ANYONE at WSU. He helped get Grinch, but I don't recall him running the point on a single recruit, and in state recruiting was almost non existent with him. He definitely took a couple years off from the grind.

I wonder how much we paid him to take a couple of years off? Must be nice.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT