ADVERTISEMENT

It's still early, but I can't say...

YakiCoug

Hall Of Fame
Jan 6, 2003
I'm impressed by the WSU women's BB team tonight v. the mutts. Still a trademark sloppy and careless June D. team sans shooters.

Reactions: bogusto
I'm impressed by the WSU women's BB team tonight v. the mutts. Still a trademark sloppy and careless June D. team sans shooters.
Yup, and the supposed upgraded defensive coaching was in scant evidence. Yes the team is pocked with youth, but the undisciplined offensive flow and overall non-cohesive play was all too familiar with JD-coached teams.

Yup, and the supposed upgraded defensive coaching was in scant evidence. Yes the team is pocked with youth, but the undisciplined offensive flow and overall non-cohesive play was all too familiar with JD-coached teams.

Galdiera's decision to leave early appears to be a killer.

Sloppy against UW but this team is winning. They have a ton of young talent and possibly the best recruiting class ever coming next year. I see them making the post season for the third straight year and that is unheard of in WSU women's basketball. She is far from perfect but WSU is trending up and thats hard to complain about IMO. Some of those wins are good teams with no real "bad" losses.

Sloppy against UW but this team is winning. They have a ton of young talent and possibly the best recruiting class ever coming next year. I see them making the post season for the third straight year and that is unheard of in WSU women's basketball. She is far from perfect but WSU is trending up and thats hard to complain about IMO. Some of those wins are good teams with no real "bad" losses.
I thought both the OOC losses were teams we should beat. I knew we couldn't stop Plum since she's an annoyingly awesome player. Ultimately we gave them too many open 3s and obviously the turnovers. We struggle on offense and We don't make it difficult to defend us. None of our bigs cause a lot of concern. Kostourkova has started to improve but probably is a year away? McClure is an athletic presence and has upside but very raw at this point. They lost a lot. Different team maybe with Galderira but this is probably a rebuild year.

After Molina who is the best player coming in next season? Are they after anyone else? They signed 4 and think that's all they had to give.

Yeah but they played a heck of a lot better schedule than did Ernie's bottom feed schedule and beat a lot of tournament teams as well as won a Hawaii tournament.

Mutts are on the edge of a Top 25 Team. Unlike loosing to Idaho....

Lost to Oklahoma State who is 11-1, with their only loss coming to 20th ranked Southern Florida. Okie State also has win over 4th ranked Baylor. Saint Mary's I thought we would win but they are 10-3 with a win over PAC 12 CAL. Also beat Gonzaga who is flirting with the top 20 and kansas who has a win over PAC 12 Arizona.

Last edited:
I thought both the OOC losses were teams we should beat. I knew we couldn't stop Plum since she's an annoyingly awesome player. Ultimately we gave them too many open 3s and obviously the turnovers. We struggle on offense and We don't make it difficult to defend us. None of our bigs cause a lot of concern. Kostourkova has started to improve but probably is a year away? McClure is an athletic presence and has upside but very raw at this point. They lost a lot. Different team maybe with Galderira but this is probably a rebuild year.

After Molina who is the best player coming in next season? Are they after anyone else? They signed 4 and think that's all they had to give.
I just want to see us beat Furd in my lifetime. Which means, if I live to an average age, many years to do this.

It's ridiculous we have these horrible streaks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT