ADVERTISEMENT

Jayden de Laura commits

We just a got guy who was under recruited because he's 6'1. We are his only P5 offer.

He is a rivals RR 5.7, HIGH END 3 STAR, BORDERLINE TO LOWEST ENDED 4 STAR, IN BETWEEN 3 STAR AND 4 STAR player.

He is USED TO BE UNDER THE RADAR.

He is a LATE BLOOMER.

He is 6 foot 2 NOT 6 foot 1.

He has GEORGIA(You know the team that might win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP) SNIFFING at him, that might offer him.

That might probably lead others to maybe might probably offer him.

Others who are not big time colleges but still P5 colleges(Like a UTAH)), wont offer him because he is committed to WSU(but they want to offer, and maybe if they were a Georgia they would at least SNIFF, maybe offer)

The reason why this kid either wont get P5 offers, or as many P5 offers,is:

If they are a Georgia, they have better 3,4,5 star options. Only reason why Georgia is SNIFFING is so that IF they dont get their plan A, 4 or 5 star recruit, he is their PLAN B recruit that they would offer.

And if they are a winning P5 program like a UTAH, but not a blue blood, they are not going to offer, because committed to WSU.

If the kid hadnt committed to WSU he probably would start getting other GOOD P5 offers.

He is.NOT a under the radar recruit any more.

Last edited:
WSU is in the final 6 for Savvy Smalls for Seattle. He’s a 5 star kid.

WSU is in the final 10 for DJ Rogers from the Bellevue area. He’s a 4 star recruit.

There’s a big time offensive lineman also named Rogers at one of the schools near Bothell who has all kinds of offers. He likes WSU, too

CML is getting it done on the recruiting trail from what the experts say.

Don’t let these last 2 games get you down E-town. WSU’s coaches sure aren’t.

I'm not down on our team or our recruiting. Make no mistake, it has improved under Leach.

Exhibit A of how we recruit is Trey Davis. This is was a low 3 star recruit who signed with USC. The fans of Troy scratched their heads about Helton signing such a fringe recruit. Davis washed out after a week or so because he was unlikely to ever see the field there and decided to come here. This actually excited people because it's so rare we land get someone USC seriously looked at.

I don't see why we can't just be excited that the Cougs landed a great QB who got under recruited because he doesn't have prototypical size. Baker Mayfield didn't have much recruiting interest out of high school either, but Leach was one of three D1 coaches who felt he was worth an offer.

Reactions: PeteTheChop
Here is some context. Ohio St and Georgia are sniffing around him. They already have QB's in this class and were probably looking at him as a walk on. They already have someone at QB they want more.

This late in the game most everyone has the QB they want.

He is a rivals RR 5.7, HIGH END 3 STAR, BORDERLINE TO LOWEST ENDED 4 STAR, IN BETWEEN 3 STAR AND 4 STAR player.

He is a LATE BLOOMER.

He has GEORGIA(You know the team that might win the NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP) SNIFFING at him, that might offer him.

Others who are not big time colleges but still P5 colleges(Like a UTAH)), wont offer him because he is committed to WSU(but they want to offer, and maybe if they were a Georgia they would at least SNIFF, maybe offer)

If they are a Georgia, they have better 3,4,5 star options. Only reason why Georgia is SNIFFING is so that IF they dont get their plan A, 4 or 5 star recruit, he is their PLAN B recruit that they would offer.

And if they are a winning P5 program like a UTAH, but not a blue blood, they are not going to offer, because committed to WSU.

If the kid hadnt committed to WSU he probably would start getting other GOOD P5 offers.

Reactions: Cougzz
Here is some context. Ohio St and Georgia are sniffing around him. They already have QB's in this class and were probably looking at him as a walk on. They already have someone at QB they want more.

This late in the game most everyone has the QB they want.

Still, if the kid had not committed too WSU, 1, couple, few, some, good, big boy P5 program(not a Georgia type, would have eventually offered the kid.

Not every good, big boy, but Not a georgia P5 program, have their QB(Many do have their QB). But some are after QB's that not deciding until LATE(AKA a CJ STROUD(4 stars uncommitted(USC, others, chasing)in the recruiting cycle. Some of those kind of programs are not going to get the LATE deciding QB(CJ Stroud type)they are, were chasing, and will, would need to find, get a Plan B. Those couple, few, some P5 colleges in that situation probably would offer the kid.

Also there are a couple, few, some good P5 colleges, that even tho they have their QB, have 1 left over scholly spot, because they met their needs, and they offer the kid as INSURANCE, in case the other QB doesnt pan out. And so becaise of that they would offer the kid if he wasnt already committed to WSU.

And even if Ohio State, Georgia, Bama types are Sniffing him as a walk on, instead of a PLAN B, and or INSURANCE option.

That still says a lot of GOOD things.

It says that if they have a open scholly spot, and if they either didnt have their QB, and or didnt get their plan A(Late deciding CJ Stroud type) that they would probably offer the kid.

It says that the kid is a GOOD, NOT UNDER THE RADAR recruit.

Also the ONLY REASON why its LATE in the season, where good P5 colleges have their QB, etc, thus less likely to offer him, is:

1. He is a LATE BLOOMER:

Because of that:

2. HE WAS, USED TO BE UNDER RECRUITED, UNDER THE RADAR.

The kid is NOT under the radar ANYMORE. He is NOT under the radar now.

GOOD P5 programs ARE interested in him, AND do WANT to OFFER him, BUT:

1. They wont offer because he, the kid is commited to WSU.

2. They already have their QB

3. They dont have a Scholly to give, or else they would offer.

If the kid hadnt committed to WSU he, the kid would have probably gotten about, around 1 to 4 offers from GOOD, GREAT P5 PROGRAM(LIKE A UTAH)(But not a Georgia).

And about 1 to 5 offers from Ore St type P5 colleges.

And about 1 to 5 offers from the best Mid Major, UCF like colleges.

That shows that the kid is NOT under the radar anymore like he, the kid used to be.

If he, the kid was still under the radar, then if the kid hadnt committed to WSU, the kid wouldnt get UCF LIKE, AND UTAH LIKE offers.

But that probably isnt or wouldnt be the case.

The kid, if he wasnt committed to WSU would probably get a small handful of offers from UTAH types, and UCF types, from those type of P5 colleges that either didnt have their QB because they were chasing a LATE deciding PLAN A(AKA A CJ STROUD), or they have a leftover scholly spot to give to offer the kid as a INSURANCE scholly offer.

And a OHIO State, Bama, Georgia PREFERRED WALK ON OFFER to the kid, is probably the equivalent of a Scholly offer from a good P5, Utah, or a UCF type.

So the kid is NOT under the radar, anymore now.

And the kid is a AWESOME, higher ranked recruit that a LOT are interested in, want to offer, etc.

And the kid is a AWESOME get for WSU.

Last edited:

He is a LATE BLOOMER.

This is a compliment.

For years I've often wondered if you're on staff? Why do you set apart from others, being a SME at recruiting? (Subject Matter Expert). You seem to have intel at a higher discreet level.

I'll take my question off the air.

Well said Biggs.

Mater Dei in Orange County (Calif.) is another program CML and his staff could hit hard.

Maybe USC zeroes in on the top couple guys each season, but WSU signs the Nos. 3 and 4 guys and can win big with them.

Not to mention Orange Co. is a big GOP stronghold, which should help Coach Leach with parents of the recruits in the area.

Pick the Top 25 programs on the West Coast and go get kids. They'll show up on campus knowing what it should look like. The weight room, the study table, the culture. You need those kids to be successful at your school otherwise you may never get in. They kids will keep lining up at SC, UCLA, Oregon, etc.

He is a LATE BLOOMER.

I’m new here but needed to reply to this. First off there are 2,3,4, and 5 star recruits. There are no in betweens. Secondly if you think other schools that want him won’t offer because of a verbal you have no idea how recruiting works.

I hope he ends up being one of the greats, but there is no reason at this point to just make stuff up out of thin air.

I’m new here but needed to reply to this. First off there are 2,3,4, and 5 star recruits. There are no in betweens. Secondly if you think other schools that want him won’t offer because of a verbal you have no idea how recruiting works.

I hope he ends up being one of the greats, but there is no reason at this point to just make stuff up out of thin air.
Welcome. Glad you're here!

Reactions: Coug95man2

He is a LATE BLOOMER.

What are you talking about? He committed yesterday. And it's October.

Other programs aren't offering because they have their QBs already. Utah landed their guy in June.

Agree generally, but I think further color on the point about other schools not offering makes sense. First, you and Fab5Coug are right that other schools aren't offering because they already have their QBs. QB recruiting is different than other positions, with most schools just taking one and the chairs usually filling up early.

That said, there's something to the idea that other schools sometimes won't actually offer recruits to WSU (or other schools) unless they have some kind of assurance that the recruit will take the offer. Sark did this frequently at UW, and I believe I have heard about Petersen and his staff doing it as well. They certainly would push some WSU commits to see if some of our committed prospects would flip to UW, but at least sometimes, no official "offer" is made unless the recruit affirms he'll accept it if extended. In that way, UW could avoid having the recruiting services and media reporting that the recruit chose WSU "over" UW, and could avoid having it reported that UW is out there offering WSU commits unless there was some assurance the flip would happen. Seems petty but I've heard more than one story about this happening.

I think this is what Mik is alluding to ... it comes up with some of our recruits who will show no other offers from P5 programs, but who are P5-caliber and could have had some other offers but for this fact. (Also, these offers are all self-reported ... some kids just make them up or misinterpret interest as an offer, while on the other side, some recruits simply never report other offers to the recruiting services.)

To be clear, though, I agree in this case that other schools simply won't offer this commit, or even poke around with any seriousness, unless/until they have a need.

Reactions: mikalalas
Still, if the kid had not committed too WSU, 1, couple, few, some, good, big boy P5 program(not a Georgia type, would have eventually offered the kid.

Not every good, big boy, but Not a georgia P5 program, have their QB(Many do have their QB). But some are after QB's that not deciding until LATE(AKA a CJ STROUD(4 stars uncommitted(USC, others, chasing)in the recruiting cycle. Some of those kind of programs are not going to get the LATE deciding QB(CJ Stroud type)they are, were chasing, and will, would need to find, get a Plan B. Those couple, few, some P5 colleges in that situation probably would offer the kid.

Also there are a couple, few, some good P5 colleges, that even tho they have their QB, have 1 left over scholly spot, because they met their needs, and they offer the kid as INSURANCE, in case the other QB doesnt pan out. And so becaise of that they would offer the kid if he wasnt already committed to WSU.

And even if Ohio State, Georgia, Bama types are Sniffing him as a walk on, instead of a PLAN B, and or INSURANCE option.

That still says a lot of GOOD things.

It says that if they have a open scholly spot, and if they either didnt have their QB, and or didnt get their plan A(Late deciding CJ Stroud type) that they would probably offer the kid.

It says that the kid is a GOOD, NOT UNDER THE RADAR recruit.

Also the ONLY REASON why its LATE in the season, where good P5 colleges have their QB, etc, thus less likely to offer him, is:

1. He is a LATE BLOOMER:

Because of that:

2. HE WAS, USED TO BE UNDER RECRUITED, UNDER THE RADAR.

The kid is NOT under the radar ANYMORE. He is NOT under the radar now.

GOOD P5 programs ARE interested in him, AND do WANT to OFFER him, BUT:

1. They wont offer because he, the kid is commited to WSU.

2. They already have their QB

3. They dont have a Scholly to give, or else they would offer.

If the kid hadnt committed to WSU he, the kid would have probably gotten about, around 1 to 4 offers from GOOD, GREAT P5 PROGRAM(LIKE A UTAH)(But not a Georgia).

And about 1 to 5 offers from Ore St type P5 colleges.

And about 1 to 5 offers from the best Mid Major, UCF like colleges.

That shows that the kid is NOT under the radar anymore like he, the kid used to be.

If he, the kid was still under the radar, then if the kid hadnt committed to WSU, the kid wouldnt get UCF LIKE, AND UTAH LIKE offers.

But that probably isnt or wouldnt be the case.

The kid, if he wasnt committed to WSU would probably get a small handful of offers from UTAH types, and UCF types, from those type of P5 colleges that either didnt have their QB because they were chasing a LATE deciding PLAN A(AKA A CJ STROUD), or they have a leftover scholly spot to give to offer the kid as a INSURANCE scholly offer.

And a OHIO State, Bama, Georgia PREFERRED WALK ON OFFER to the kid, is probably the equivalent of a Scholly offer from a good P5, Utah, or a UCF type.

So the kid is NOT under the radar, anymore now.

And the kid is a AWESOME, higher ranked recruit that a LOT are interested in, want to offer, etc.

And the kid is a AWESOME get for WSU.

If you want me to be perfectly honest, Leach at WSU has had more success with the non rated guys like Falk and Minshew than he did with Bruggman and Bender (although only a 3 star guy). Leach has a practice formula that gets these QB's ready.

Gordon will be the highest drafted player (QB) yet and I could make an argument he might even be the best leader and best option for this years team. No, I am not saying he should be benched or Leach is making the wrong call, or that Gordon isn't a leader. He had the moment against UCLA to step up and he didn't. Should that doom him? Nope. But we as a fan base with Falk then Gardner have become use to late minute drives, and in the one time Gordon could have stepped up it fizzled.

And we have seen from a far what GG is capable of. Maybe I am tainted by his performance against WSU.

If you want me to be perfectly honest, Leach at WSU has had more success with the non rated guys like Falk and Minshew than he did with Bruggman and Bender (although only a 3 star guy). Leach has a practice formula that gets these QB's ready.

Gordon will be the highest drafted player (QB) yet and I could make an argument he might even be the best leader and best option for this years team. No, I am not saying he should be benched or Leach is making the wrong call, or that Gordon isn't a leader. He had the moment against UCLA to step up and he didn't. Should that doom him? Nope. But we as a fan base with Falk then Gardner have become use to late minute drives, and in the one time Gordon could have stepped up it fizzled.

And we have seen from a far what GG is capable of. Maybe I am tainted by his performance against WSU.

What exactly did he do wrong against UCLA for the comeback? His fault for the horrible blocking?

How was he going to "step up" when he didn't have a chance?

9 TD passes isn't "stepping up"?

Why do you keep saying Gordon "fizzled" at the end of the UCLA game? Liam Ryan completely whiffed on a block and Gordon was blindsided and sacked. Not sure what else he was supposed to do, other than grow eyes in the back of his head.

If I'm playing the blame game, Gordon might be the least responsible player on the roster for that loss.

Why do you keep saying Gordon "fizzled" at the end of the UCLA game? Liam Ryan completely whiffed on a block and Gordon was blindsided and sacked. Not sure what else he was supposed to do, other than grow eyes in the back of his head.

If I'm playing the blame game, Gordon might be the least responsible player on the roster for that loss.
He should've been sitting on the bench after a job well done and a 30-plus point lead if it weren't for teammates that couldn't hold onto the ball, or tackle, or follow a snap count, etc., etc.

Reactions: PatBaum and taf88

Did I BLAME him?....if you want me to be critical I will say not moving the ball for three series hurt and allowed UCLA to keep building mo.

I didn't blame him, I simply said we are use to Minshew finding a way. Yes, Liam whiffed, Minshew feels it, Gordon does not. If you think that is being critical then so be it. I simply said we have gotten use to winning games at the end and finding ways, even with a missed block. Yes, if Ryan does whiff we may have seen Gordon lead the team to victory.

And maybe I am forgetting all the whiffs by Falk and Minshew, but they and the team seemed ultra locked in. Not sure there was missed blocks or other crap that derailed them at the end of games.

Gordon also had a 3-and-out in the fourth quarter against UCLA where he looked a little flustered / ineffective with 3 straight incompletions from his own 25. The punt on that possession was returned for a TD. Yeah, it's expecting a bit much for a guy to be perfect, and the next possession was a TD (on the long run after the catch by Borghi), but I was thinking at the time that looked much more like 2017 Falk than 2015 Falk or 2018 Minshew.

Reactions: CougEd
Gordon also had a 3-and-out in the fourth quarter against UCLA where he looked a little flustered / ineffective with 3 straight incompletions from his own 25. The punt on that possession was returned for a TD. Yeah, it's expecting a bit much for a guy to be perfect, and the next possession was a TD (on the long run after the catch by Borghi), but I was thinking at the time that looked much more like 2017 Falk than 2015 Falk or 2018 Minshew.

He was perfect except when he wasn't. and with how we played he had to be perfect.
I remember at the beginning of the year someone thought Tay Martin was going to be our most important receiver. And watching when we struggle, the Jeff Tuel, Luke Falk indecisiveness about the inside receiver, the one who will find seams in an 8 man drop. It is no coincidence Luke struggled when River went out. It is no coincidence Gordon had a couple of bad series when Arc went out.

The most important receiver is the guy who plays inside and can find seams in the defense and knows how to adjust his route.

Last edited:
What exactly did he do wrong against UCLA for the comeback? His fault for the horrible blocking?

How was he going to "step up" when he didn't have a chance?

9 TD passes isn't "stepping up"?

You are talking numbers. Like I said Gordon will likely be drafted earlier than where Falk and Minchew were drafted.

I wacthed the highlight of Minchew were the LT missed his block, felt it, drifted right, came back left to throw a TD pass. In his case the last 15 games he has played he has shown "it". Tom Brady couldn't come close to throwing the ball like Drew, but he had and has "it". Play picks up around him late in the game, and he has bailed out his players.

That is all I am saying. Maybe it goes to experience, but QB's tend to feel the missed block. Whether they can get away is a different story.

Did I BLAME him?....if you want me to be critical I will say not moving the ball for three series hurt and allowed UCLA to keep building mo.

I didn't blame him, I simply said we are use to Minshew finding a way. Yes, Liam whiffed, Minshew feels it, Gordon does not. If you think that is being critical then so be it. I simply said we have gotten use to winning games at the end and finding ways, even with a missed block. Yes, if Ryan does whiff we may have seen Gordon lead the team to victory.

And maybe I am forgetting all the whiffs by Falk and Minshew, but they and the team seemed ultra locked in. Not sure there was missed blocks or other crap that derailed them at the end of games.

Just odd to say Gordon, specifically, "fizzled". And, for whatever reason, you've mentioned it a couple times now.

I get that he's the QB and they take the blame and the credit for wins and losses, but jeez, the guy threw 9 frickin touchdowns and the only reason that drive fizzled is because Ryan literally completely missed his defender.

Does Minshew "feel" that? I don't know. I've seen plenty of great & "aware" QBs take that sack.

Reactions: PatBaum
You are talking numbers. Like I said Gordon will likely be drafted earlier than where Falk and Minchew were drafted.

I wacthed the highlight of Minchew were the LT missed his block, felt it, drifted right, came back left to throw a TD pass. In his case the last 15 games he has played he has shown "it". Tom Brady couldn't come close to throwing the ball like Drew, but he had and has "it". Play picks up around him late in the game, and he has bailed out his players.

That is all I am saying. Maybe it goes to experience, but QB's tend to feel the missed block. Whether they can get away is a different story.

I'm sorry, I hate to be this guy, but it's MinShew.

Is Minchew related to Kabob Hill?

Reactions: Fab5Coug

Are you sure you are new here? Because you nailed this posters MO.

Agreed overall on Gordon, except I'd say Borghi probably gets the award for least responsible for the loss.

Reactions: dgibbons
(UW coaches) certainly would push some WSU commits to see if some of our committed prospects would flip to UW, but at least sometimes, no official "offer" is made unless the recruit affirms he'll accept it if extended. In that way, UW could avoid having the recruiting services and media reporting that the recruit chose WSU "over" UW
Good stuff, 425coug.

I think what you've uncovered and exposed here is what many of us have long believed fuels the core identity of UW's coaches and alumni: Insecurity about WSU's success and rising National profile with CML, Minshew, the GameDay flag, even Jim Moore in his own neck of the woods.

I think Coug-A-Tron or one of the other top posters here pointed out more than once that WSU's TV rankings have typically exceeded UW's during the Mike Leach Air Raid era.

If Savell Smalls had chosen WSU from his final 6 — and it's not over until he signs — the absolute panic and finger pointing from the neurotic huskie fan base would've told us all we needed to know.

Reactions: mikalalas
Agree generally, but I think further color on the point about other schools not offering makes sense. First, you and Fab5Coug are right that other schools aren't offering because they already have their QBs. QB recruiting is different than other positions, with most schools just taking one and the chairs usually filling up early.

That said, there's something to the idea that other schools sometimes won't actually offer recruits to WSU (or other schools) unless they have some kind of assurance that the recruit will take the offer. Sark did this frequently at UW, and I believe I have heard about Petersen and his staff doing it as well. They certainly would push some WSU commits to see if some of our committed prospects would flip to UW, but at least sometimes, no official "offer" is made unless the recruit affirms he'll accept it if extended. In that way, UW could avoid having the recruiting services and media reporting that the recruit chose WSU "over" UW, and could avoid having it reported that UW is out there offering WSU commits unless there was some assurance the flip would happen. Seems petty but I've heard more than one story about this happening.

I think this is what Mik is alluding to ... it comes up with some of our recruits who will show no other offers from P5 programs, but who are P5-caliber and could have had some other offers but for this fact. (Also, these offers are all self-reported ... some kids just make them up or misinterpret interest as an offer, while on the other side, some recruits simply never report other offers to the recruiting services.)

To be clear, though, I agree in this case that other schools simply won't offer this commit, or even poke around with any seriousness, unless/until they have a need.

Thanks 425. This is very close to what I meant.

Some Clarification:

Even tho UW is not even a semi blue blood, it is a good enough P5 program that they can, will try to flip a verbal commit from WSU, and other WSU like colleges.

Other programs are either not good enough, like at least a UW or better, or prefer not to try to flip a WSU type recruit.

And for the UW types or better, 425 is right that they dont want to be seen having their flipping attempt rejected. So they will do like what 425 said. They will make UNOFFICIAL offers, then OFFICIALLY offer if the kid shows a little tiny bit of a interest.

Other Factors:

WSU is NOT as easy to flip recruits from, as they were in the past.

If your a WSU recruit now, your usually interested in WSU or you would have probably chosen other colleges. Yes there are still recruits, that are at WSU, because they didnt get better, and would leap at a better offer from a better P5 program like a USC, Georgia, etc, but that is not happening as much now, as it used to in past.

So if your a WSU recruit, and you chose WSU, are you likely to flip to a UW or better, and especially to a P5 less then a UW?

No Not likely

The other colleges know this as well.

Also it seems like, it appears as if the kid is a SOLID commit, not a wishy washy might flip if get a better offer from a better P5 program.

And the other colleges that could try to flip the kid, probably notice that as well. So probably another reason why they wouldnt try to flip the kid.

And as 425 has said, in the past, WSU has successfully recruited RR 5.7, 5.8, high end 3 star, low end 4 star recruits, that had a LOT of INTEREST, but only 1 offer from a P5 like a Utah, a Group 5 like a UCF, a semi blue blood like a UW, etc, that was, were a GOOD NON UNDER THE RADAR recruit, that either didnt get flip offers, or at least didnt get OFFICIAL flip offers, wasnt SUCCESSFULLY flipped by UNOFFICIAL offers.

Since that has been a similar case in the past, like unto the case with this kid, thats probably true about this kid as well.

The situation is:

1. Some P5 programs have their QB

2. Some P5 programs are, were chasing LATE DECIDING QB's like CJ Stroud.

3. Of those some are like a UW are better. Some are like a Utah or UCF. Some are like a Ore St.

4. The Utah's, UCF's, Ore St's wont Try to flip the kid. So if the kid hadnt committed to WSU, they would probably offer the kid.

5. If a UW, or USC(Especially if USC is not able to get CJ Stroud), doesnt get a CJ Stroud like LATE deciding QB, then they might try to flip the kid(Especially USC. I think USC would make at least a UNOFFICIAL offer. I dont think the kid would flip to USC, because the kid seems like a solid commit to WSU)

6. Most P5 programs have their QB.

7. Some of those are UW or better. Some are Utah, UCF, Ore St types.

8. Some of those have met their needs may might maybe probably have 1 scholly spot left over, that if they are a Utah, UCF, Ore St type would have offered the kid as a INSURANCE option in case their QB didnt pan out, IF the kid hadnt committed to WSU.

9. The UW or better types if they were looking for INSURANCE, if they had an open scholly spot they would probably try to flip the kid.

10. So because they havent made a official offer yet, that either means that they either:

A. Unofficially offered, but the kid rejected them.

B. They dont have a open scholly spot.

C. They havent tried YET.

11. If the UW types are looking for INSURANCE, and if they dont have scholly spots, then they will, would SNIFF around, show INTEREST, MAKE UNOFFICIAL PREFERRED WALK ON OFFERS(LIKE GEORGIA)

GEORGIA is probably not going to make a OFFICIAL PREFERRED WALK ON OFFER to the kid, for the same reasons 425 said about why UW types wont OFFICIALLY offer, try to flip a WSU recruit.

Georgia would not want it to be publically known that they were rejected.

If the kid had not committed to WSU, GEORGIA would probably have offered a PREFERRED WALK ON OFFER to the kid as INSURANCE in case their 1,2 QB's dont pan out, and in case the Kid is the next Mayfield, etc, and to prevent their competition from getting a good QB.

12. Because of all of this, If the kid had not committed to WSU, the kid would have gotten a small handfull of offers, probably about 1 to 4 to 7 offers from a mix of Utah's, UCF's, Ore St's, who either failed to get their Late deciding CJ Stroud Types, or have a extra Scholly spot for INSURANCE.

And the kid would have probably gotten a lot of PREFERRED WALK ON INSURANCE OFFERS FROM GEORGIA TYPES.

13. Because of ALL THAT, ALL OF ABOVE. The kid is probably not a UNDER THE RADAR recruit

Thanks 425 for your comment.

Last edited:
Reactions: PeteTheChop
Good stuff, 425coug.

I think what you've uncovered and exposed here is what many of us have long believed fuels the core identity of UW's coaches and alumni: Insecurity about WSU's success and rising National profile with CML, Minshew, the GameDay flag, even Jim Moore in his own neck of the woods.

I think Coug-A-Tron or one of the other top posters here pointed out more than once that WSU's TV rankings have typically exceeded UW's during the Mike Leach Air Raid era.

If Savell Smalls had chosen WSU from his final 6 — and it's not over until he signs — the absolute panic and finger pointing from the neurotic huskie fan base would've told us all we needed to know.

I think I can pretty safely say UW fans have very little insecurity about WSU right now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT