ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Phelps new DL Coach

ElComanche

Hall Of Fame
Sep 28, 2007
Jeff Phelps looks to be an upgrade over the previous coach, I look forward to seeing how he can upgrade the DL 's performance.. I saw where someone posted that the cougs were 108 th in sacks last year?I hope that he can help haul in a few DL recruits for tis year. It may be asking too much at this late date.

Very good hire -- this is the guy I was hoping for once his name was floated. No west coast recruiting exposure but may help us land some kids in his existing recruiting territories.

There may be one DT who committed to Minnesota who may consider WSU . He is a DT from Texas 6'1.5 285 Croslen . Just speculation,nothing really to go on here.

C2qManQXUAAh_vJ.jpg

I believe that they pushed through the paperwork so he can start recruiting yesterday. The cougs are in need of some solid commits to round out the class and close with a rush

How often do you get the chance to bring a guy on this seamlessly? A guy whose DL you studied before a bowl game, got to see in live action against your O, and then who immediately became available as your own DL coach left? If you believe in the stars aligning, then you have to believe in Jeff Phelps. We know from track record and the Holiday Bowl that he is a good position coach. We'll have to see how well he recruits, and how he enjoys being in a true college town. One thing you can be sure of; a little snow won't bother him. And the famous Minnesota humidity and mosquitos won't be issues, either. I liked coach Joe. But I think we may have drawn the right card to fill an inside straight on this one. Good things happen to good people!

This guy is a winner and someone whom i believe will stay for a long time if he is treated right.The word on him is that he is not a great recruiter,i hope he proves them wrong.

This guy is a winner and someone whom i believe will stay for a long time if he is treated right.The word on him is that he is not a great recruiter,i hope he proves them wrong.

"The top agenda item for Phelps: WSU recruiting."
On that headline alone, your "word" appears to be the stuff of Ruth Robbins' fantasies. The unattributed gasps in the last weeks of recruiting are something special.

If one reads on him ,one finds that he is not known as a great recruiter. So the "word" is but rather a collection of posts from various boards including the Minnesota s board. These people probably know Phelps far better than the average coug poster does. We shall see where recruiting ends up As of now,we have zero DT commits,3 DE and one LB commit. The "gasps" are but sighs and gaps as top rated recruits in these areas pull out.The recruiting haul will not be a balanced one if things do not change.

If one reads on him ,one finds that he is not known as a great recruiter. So the "word" is but rather a collection of posts from various boards including the Minnesota s board. These people probably know Phelps far better than the average coug poster does. We shall see where recruiting ends up As of now,we have zero DT commits,3 DE and one LB commit. The "gasps" are but sighs and gaps as top rated recruits in these areas pull out.The recruiting haul will not be a balanced one if things do not change.

We had zero DT commits before Papa Joe went to Whoregon. As for your claims, generalities are not evidence. What's more, I'm not sure why a Cougar fan would be dissing a new AC in the last two weeks of recruiting.

Yes we did have zero commits but if one notices a couple of recruits pulled out Players decommitted and people will say that there were other reasons. But the scorecard keeps on adding up . Generalities tend to add up I am amused by your claim that someone is dissing a new AC. If you check the posts,i have said that he is probably an improvement. One may hurt recruiting by idle speculation that a player may be asked to change from offense to defense. Any AC has to prove his ability to recruit especially if he is moving from one region to another. The other board has a lot of discussion about hie ability to recruit. It is a far reach to say anyone has been dissing the new AC.perhaps one needs to go back and read their own posts?

Reactions: Orecoug
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT